Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Has anyone used this offer?

Just wondering any catch?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Their rates I assume. I can only imagine you'd be paying a high c/kWh price to offset the credit they're giving you. If you can get it, on a 1 year deal, while VW take their sweet time delivering your car then it's possibly a winner (assuming you don't currently own an electric car).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Does anyone know if VW do “loan cars” to cover you for a couple of weeks while you wait till delivery? After handing in the part exchange obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Did anyone get a survery when they opened the vw connect app this morning? i gave it both barrels and commented that they should concentrate of making scheduled charging work properly. Not that they'll listen. But it made me feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Only available to those that bought after June. Boo!

• Advertisement

Yup. Got it a few days ago. Mostly commented that the app is slow to apply settings to the car. App lacks functionality. Generally an unfinished app.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I suspect they are claiming a grant and it’s not costing them much. Electric Ireland are giving free chargers to Nissan customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

No the discount can apply to their cheapest rate offers. We are switching to take this offer up next month. Should cover my car for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

If your car is registered between July and December this year, you can have your VW dealer pass on your details to SSE Airtricity and they will contact you directly. If you are switching to them, you are entitled to any deal available to new customers in addition to the €675 credit. I opted for the 30% discount for new customers so I will be paying day rate of 18c and night rate of 8.9c from September onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

We signed up for this. Once you give the dealer permission to pass your details on to sse airtricity, they will contact you to sign you up to the offer. After this SSE Airtricity then send an eco credit form to the dealer to confirm that you did buy a car, once this has been signed and returned to SSE Airtricity then it take an additional 60 days to get the credit. A lot of messing to get the credit but hopefully worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Got my vin today. Dealer told me to complain to VW as he hasn't a clue where my car is. I added it to vw.ie. Is it supposed to give me info on it there. Just shows a picture of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Mine shows a picture of the car too, along with a page on the spec of the car, with the VIN, but no info on build / delivery status. I don't think it gives such a status - with the ID.3, it never showed any changes to that page up to when we had it delivered.

Dealer told me to do the same, to call VW, but VW Ireland just came back saying that the car was built (which I did know) but dealer should have more information. So, not really much help. That was 3 weeks ago - hoping "built" means it is actually fully built (with the semiconductors that everyone us waiting on actually in the car) and it'll be on a boat when the VW August break ends, but I won't hold my breath! 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I’d love to get an accurate insight into the upcoming shipping schedule. The 2 ships that do the Emden - Dublin route (Patara and Panara) have both been anchored up for weeks. The last one to dock in Dublin was on August 9th. So that’s the last time any fresh VAG cars arrived in Ireland.

You’d imagine/hope one of them should be loading up for this route again in the next week or so.

Got my first 125kW charging session yesterday. Trip from Cork to Athlone so everything was well warmed up and low soc for high rates of charge (left with 78% and arrived with <20%).

10 minute charge, 20kWh added. 100km of range added. Kids made it clear 10 minutes was sufficient so away we went. Twas nice seeing 125kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I see on the UK ID4 Facebook group one owner got ~570km from 99% battery. Admittedly with limited speed and no aircon etc, but still impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone been back to the dealer regarding the rear light on the boot? I know it’s been mentioned that it can expand or bulge slightly in heat, is there an known issue with dealers about this light?

Mine squeaks most of the time when closing the boot (and looks to have a bit of a bulge). I’m going to be getting on about another rattle in the car so I was going get this checked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

German companies are generally good at building hardware. However most of the DE-software is glitchy. And service is poor, because in the old days, pre software, German stuff just worked and did not require much attention.

Compare with Tesla. The hardware, ie the car itself is rubbish in most cases, as is the design, but the 'iPad' controller/interface, which is software, while it looks ugly it is constantly updated. Ask any taxi driver who uses a Tesla at Amsterdam airport about the rattling automobile that is Tesla.

I am using a Jeep Compass as a rental car at the moment. US product. Not an EV. It is difficult to park in European size P spaces. It consumes EUR 30 of fuel for a journey that I can do in a BMW 3 series for EUR 12. Despite the size of the vehicle, it is a struggle to get into the driver's seat. I am only 1m83. Dumb American design. The assist systems warn you of events that took place seconds ago - due probably to lack of computing power. They (warning beeps) just create confusion in the drivers mind with all these beeps. Dumb American 'technology'. The air con can't keep up with 34C outdoor temp - despite the 'gas guzzling' .

Call them dysfunctional areas.

Covid has created a shortage of rental vehicles, giving one little choice of vehicle, and high prices. I wouldn't dream of renting an EV in most European countries due to the shortage of fast charging. Also neither Avis nor Hertz notify the renter of the charging speed of the e vehicle. ie can I charge at 150 kW/h and get an 80% charge in 30 or so minutes, or is a 'tank fill' an overnight job or worse?

Yup. Got it done a couple of months back. Somewhat better now, not 100% but it's not been very hot since either. An hour or 2 of a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I also had the bracket fitted for the rear LED strip, stopped the rattling sound I used to hear so happy enough.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean the back seats after one of the kids was car sick? The car has been fully christened now, between that and the sand it needs a good clean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Oh dear, does yours have the "leather" middle seat? Hopefully that got the brunt of it as it's easier to clean

Mop it up, then warm water and sponge to try and get rid of any residue

After than, spray on interior shampoo and remove, might need a few rounds. Fold down the seats and clean in the gaps behind in case any got in there as well

Probably worth heading down to your local halfords or woodies and picking up some dedicated car upholstery shapoo and stain remover

Try not to use domesitc products as they might contain bleach and will wreck the colour (although that may be too late anyway)

Also, you'll need air fresheners, like an entire box of them

PS: I hope your kid is okay 😀

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Garage updated me today and still looking at end of November for delivery. Such a shite time of year to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

At least you'll get the worst case for range and it'll be getting better from there

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

True yeah. That should be interesting alright but the whole plate thing is going to annoy me. I must ask my garage what my options are for January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Thanks for the tips. Yep she's ok and it has the middle seat alright. I got most of it out but still need to get at the last few awkward spots.

I haven't had fabric seats for a while, they seem to be wearing well given the amount of abuse they take. Would have preferred leather for the above reason and from previous experience. The ID.4 is a workhorse in our house and is used as such. I'm not sure I would use the car in the same way if I'd spent another 20k+ on an Audi/BMW or a Tesla, I might be a bit more precious about it!

On a different note I had the car charged to 100% before leaving and the GOM showed 568km, highest I've ever seen it. Got back from a 200+km round trip with 57% remaining and 281km. Average speed was around 80km

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Tell them its racist and in contravention of the Good Friday agreement and that you'll be reporting them to the Hague convention on Human Rights abuses. That'll get them moving 🤣

Ha ha, not bad, I remember my 2015 Leaf 24 Kwh would have taken 40-50 mins to get just 18 Kwh, juice depending on how warm the battery was.

I wonder if VW will increase the charging power incrementally to a total of 170 Kw as rumours suggest ?

When did you order ? I ordered mine last week of April and looks like it will be the same, it's absolutely shocking, people ordering their cars weeks after mine are getting them months earlier. I don't really want a my21 car almost 2022.

• Advertisement

That's pretty crazy GOM range. Never expect to get that on anything like a long trip. Nice flat roads near you is it?

Careful now. They'll prioritise that over fixing real bugs like the joke that is scheduled charging.

That rumour has quietened down significantly. I think peoples expectations of software updates have really been curtailed since 2.3 delivered absolutely nothing.

Was pretty happy with the charging speed alright. Last time I charged it was on a cold battery and I only got 70kW. That 100kWh added (on top of the 80km we arrived with) will do us grand for the week - got a free top up for about an hour in the Town Center chargers too.

Advertisement