Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Benny R you say ?

What about Benny Lava ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Benny Ramha!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m starting to consider this now. With Emi out for the Chelsea game now and both Mings and Konsa potentially injured, I’m feeling like I need Lukaku now.

I can hit towards him this week, but then I’ll need to rejig again if I decide I’m going to go for Ronaldo aswell.

That could be a case of accumulating points hits or even just delaying the same wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Im in the same camp, not going to rush onto Lukaku and Ronaldo until about GW6. Ive DCL and Antonio up front atm and so long as they are hauling week in week out Im reluctant to sell them for shiny new things. Would like more info on Ronaldo and pens and if his minutes are going to get managed. Lukaku has some tough fixtures v Spurs and City so would prefer to avoid them until Chelseas fixtures swing in GW7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Listening to Football Weekly podcast this morning has me double thinking on Ronaldo. His impact on Juventus was fairly poor overall by the sounds of things, they think Ole might use him as a Champions League player initially.

I’m active on wildcard & I’m happy. I’m switching back to the 3-4-3 of yester years.

With a combo of great striking options & serious value in midfield I think 3-4-3 is way to go.

I have moved on Trent also as I think Chelsea, City & United have great assets to give a better balance.

currently something like:

DDG (dud)

Varane Alonso Laporte (Reguillon , Livramento)

Jota Torres Benny R Traore (Sarr)

Cr7 Lukaku DCL

I think Jota & Torres will return serious value. Both will play through the middle. I can then have 2 of Sarr, Traore & Benny R. The first 2 have a great run of fixtures coming up.

The attack speaks for itself & the 3 will all be there for the Golden boot. There are no questions about Cr7 & any eye test. If Dan James is stsrting 2 of the 3 games well then … Cr7 is gonna be starting.

They have Newcastle first game & well that could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You know what Im wondering how big of an impact he is going to have on the PL. Im half thinking that when he plays he is going to be very well man marked and opposing managers will set up to try to nullify his threat. That wont always work but it will sometimes. Theres also an element there that he is going to be up against defenders who are 10-12 years his junior and they'll want the personal pride from winning a battle against one of the best players of all time. Defenders will up their game because of his reputation. The PL isnt going to be as easy for him compared to Seria A

Im not saying he will have no impact but Im kind of doubting it is going to be as big as players who are getting him in asap think it will be.

Think the points above are valid, but it is easier to move from him than to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Activated this morning, currently sitting on with 0.6m itb:

Sanchez, Raya

Duffy, Jansson, Christensen, Laporte, TAA

Salah, Son, Greenwood, Torres, Grey

Antonio, Jimenez, Armstrong

All that could change depending what happens over the break etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Quick question: if I make to transfers tonight, for a -4, and later in the week decide to activate the WC, the -4 gets eliminated, right?

Haven't played for a few years so can't remember!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yes, the -4 will be gone if you activate the wildcard before the next GW reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Am I the only one who wont be considering Ronaldo on their WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

12.5 mil? For a (excellent) player past his prime? Not worth it.

furthermore Fernandez becomes less attractive now Christy is there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Being curious - what would you have priced him at, assuming he's going to be on most set pieces, and start every game. How many goals/assists would you be expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He was just top scorer at the Euros with 5 goals and 1 assist in 4 games.

He was also second top scorer in qualifying for the Euros. 11 goals, 3 from penalties. harry Kane top scorer with 12, 4 from penalties.

Bookies have him at 17/20 (so about 50/50 when you remove the bookie margin) to score 22 goals this season.

If he does that (with a couple of assists to buffer it up), he is worth it. I think there is a real case to be going treble premium on Lukaku, Ronaldo and Salah and supplementing that with the huge amounts of value options that currently exist.

If value stops being a thing, and the midpriced options start to take over, then it might be time to chop whichever premium justifies their price the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I agree on those four premiums being the ones to have but do you not think there is already great value in the mid priced strikers? Which you would miss out on having Rom and Ron. That’s what is concerning me. And I’m not loving the mid priced midfielders.

• Advertisement

Any team that i have looked at that maxes out the top priced players involves going without TAA - what would you thoughts be on that?

The draft I did contained Trent in it. But it also had Demarai Gray, Benrahma, Adama Traore and Sissoko (there was always gonna be a 4.5 midfielder somewhere) as the other midfielders that aren't Salah, but picking value options was always going to be part of such a strategy. If one wants a front 3 of Ronaldo, Lukaku and Antonio without sacrificing Salah, something has to give somewhere and finding the real value players becomes a huge part of the strategy.

One of the things people need to remember here though, is going for these guys isn't a binding contract that you're tied to for some time. Deciding that Ronaldo isn't justifying the price you paid and spreading that value into other areas of your team is one of the easier moves you will make. Going from 2 premiums and a well balanced team, to 3 without a wildcard can be trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

trigger pulled: 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 for the foreseeable future

Sanches (Steele)

Christiansen Sanchez Duffy Livermento Amartey

Salah Torres Sissoko Gilmour Murphy

Lukaku Kane Ronaldo

Looking at that I think 4 is just 1 premium too much.

There’ll be one you won’t always captain.

Chop one of the strikers to DCL. & put 3m into the rest of team.

Gilmour to Gray

Murphy to Traore.

Amartey to Jannsen

or even 1 player

Murphy to Jota

or 2 upgrades

Murphy to Traore

Amartey to Laporte

This will give your 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 a lot more balance and I’d believe DCL plus these upgrades will cover the score of your non captaining premium plus the budget players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that i reckon Antonio isn't going to continue to average 13 points a week and end up on 500 points for the season. I'm probably going to drop him in the wildcard. Dodgy hamstrings, Europa League to start, I reckon we've seen the best of him

What do people think of this team

DDG (Gunn)

Christensen Alonso Laporte (Livramento , Williams)

Salah Jota Traore Sissoko (McArthur)

Cr7 Lukaku DCL

———-

Basically my 11th player could be Liv, Williams, Sissoko or McArthur.

A 4 man defence of : Double Chelsea defence, City & United

3 premium attackers

Then DCL, Jota & Traore who I believe will all go on a strong run in the coming weeks

Is Laporte back in favour now ahead of Stones - or what has happened to stones?

Like the Alonso pick - at his price tag and playing games he's nearly like TAA - but a lot cheaper.

Wouldn't be a big fan of DDG - i think the likes of Sa at Wolves has more opportunities of CS as they have a rake of nice games, plus risk Henderson takes his spot and then you have no keeper.

Jota - we saw at weekend he's still at risk of starting on the bench - however he's probably returning enough for the time being - are you ok with 7.5m player in/out of squad?

DCL has a slight niggle just something to keep an eye on. Antonio looks to be providing more - an interesting comment from the weekend is that if there are 2 pens in a match, DCL takes the first and Ricky the second... Antonio has his goals from open play whereas DCL has 2 pens so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

No doubt he’ll slow down or get injured but right now he’s playing in a team with attacking flow and he’s full of confidence scoring, assisting, being west hams top pl scorer and set to make a debut for Jamaica.

I think there will be a case for DCL, Ings, Bamford, Jimenez and maybe Wilson throughout the season too.

I think there’s a lot of value at 4.5 in defence

Guiata

Dier

Tanganga

or 5m for Matip, Regulion

• Advertisement

If we see the Ronaldo we see with Juve & Portugal then you’re probably right. But that came at a massive cost to both teams, Juve down 20 goals/season as a team.

In real life I think Ole isn’t strong enough to manage Ronaldo.

In FPL terms 50% of Bruno’s goals up to the end of last season were penalties, they’re gone. Plus I heard a stat where he was the player that ended the most United possessions last season, that’s gone too, now it’s Ronaldo taking the shot. Bruno is a fire sale IMO.

Greenwood now has to share starts with Rashford, Sancho, Cavani & Pogba, plus you’re taking away a good chunk of goals from him.

Pogba is one who might prosper, the assists have to come from somewhere, so maybe it’s him. He is looking for a new contract after all.

Defence - they’re playing with 10 men so it’s an avoid there too.

How do you think Lukaku will compare to Ronaldo this season? Even without penalties I think he’s this season’s Diego Costa

Advertisement