Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There will be a rise in incel related terror attacks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Height is certainly an aspect of biology. Ability to provide financially, is not - which is what I said. The OP claims that biology cannot be overcome, and yet the ability to provide financially, overcomes a hell of a lot of biological shortcomings, in terms of whether one is an attractive prospect, or not. It depends entirely upon the individual, which is something that incel types don’t appear to be able to wrap their heads around. They put MEN on pedestals, as opposed to women.

It doesn’t really come as a surprise to anyone given the paper you linked to doesn’t support your claim either. Instead what it does is propose a correlation based upon a different set of criteria entirely - the idea that height is positively associated with cognitive ability, which they claim would explain the prevalence of taller men’s success in employment. At least they aren’t claiming correlation equals causation, as the OP is attempting to do.

It absolutely matters if the perception is justified, because it can mean the difference between someone changing their beliefs and focusing on the things they can change, as opposed to remaining focused on the things they can’t.

"I don't hate individual women" - that's such a meaningless statement. So if faced with a woman you wont say you hate her, but you do hate women in general?

It might feel validating and safe and harmless to hate women as an abstract notion, but they're real people. If you hate women as a concept then you do hate individual women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Let's be very clear I don't hate anybody. There enough hate to go around withing adding to it.

Very true.

What is the rush, in general, though? What are you despairing over? You may go through several long term serious relationships before you find someone that you want to settle down with. And even then the relationship will be a work in progress. Pefect idealized relationships exist only in works of fiction (which partly explains why fiction is so popular, BTW, from Mills & Boon novels to the characters and narratives created by the incel community).

Also, like everybody else, you will make mistakes in your relationships, before you find the right partner. (And probably even after.) I mention this because you'd be doing yourself a major favour if you put this incel stuff down as one of your early relationship mistakes (or early mistakes in thinking about relationships at least) and be done with it. It's counterproductive and it is only going to impede the amount of craic you get from life and love in future.

If you find yourself in a situation where you're typing the words you've typed, you should probably seek the help of a mental health professional. Good luck, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It would likely be some backward as fook lifetime dickwad with a shotgun that would get his ass kicked from the crowd when reloading his 2 shooter shotgun steed with damp bullets he robbed from his backard as fook inbred father who forced him to watch "The Field" every Sunday so his son could rely on EU farmer slave money for the rest of his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I was browsing the incel forum and came across something that gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time

The Dogpill

The funny premise is that a woman would rather shag a big dog than an incel.

It tallies very slightly with a theory I had years ago when I knew some silly women who owned large dogs like Rotties or even Mastiffs, Not that she necessarily wanted to shag the dog but that she wanted control of a BIG animal that outweighed her. for status reasons and to feel protected. Same women also wanted a muscular, tall man and would get very excited/boast about the prospect of him battering another man in a fight.

Apparently, there is also a Horsepill.😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I've come to the conclusion from this thread that incels are probably secretly gay and they are unhappy about it. They idolise Chad as he is hot. They also hate him as he is almost unattainable. The reasons he is unattainable is that 90% date Stacys as they are not gay, and the other 10% are a minority of the available gay guys. They also stare at other mens penises, and try to calculate how big they are through their pants.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

• Advertisement

Not really. Just people who are feeling so sorry for themselves that they don’t see that the world is full of opportunity.

I don't think people know what it's like to be invisible. I don't know what it is, I actually amn't bad looking, in good shape etc but I've never felt like a sexual person. I've only ever been described as a 'nice guy' which is the worst way to describe somebody. I am a nice person but I amn't so nice that this should be my enduring personality trait. This represents an inability to put myself truly forward into the world. It's not something I do consciously, I try to be me but it's like there's an impenetrable wall between the person in my own head and the outside world. I guess we all put up a façade but some of us have much more walls built up around us. This can really prevent forming deep relationships. I am able t form friends but truly letting go in a way you need to to fall into a relationship has always been alien to me.

This is something that unless you're in the brain of a person who gravitates towards the incel community you just can't understand. Something happened in our lives that deeply scarred us and our sense of self and feelings of worthiness.

I just have too many negative points and not enough that saves me. Don't have height or charisma with can be too saving graces for average guys.

This is an interesting video on female nature

I just don't like the dynamics behind male and female romantic relationships. Other people would accept that the jock on the rugby team will get the hot girl whereas to me that is a violation of justice. I hate the fact I'll never be desired and will always be disposable because my lack of status.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Id rather have a w4nk than any of those 3 choices 🤣

My OH dosnt really tick any of the OP boxes, but hes my lobster. Incels need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and a lot of their problems would go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I think someone else asked you earlier, but do you have any friends or hobbies?

• Advertisement

You sound like me when I was younger, albeit you sound better looking. I spent day and night online and not really facing the real world apart from work they was with 2/3 other guys in an office. Seriously spending less time online is one of the best things that can be done for confidence. Then I basically grew up. I said enough was enough and started to improve myself and put myself in positions where I felt really uncomfortable. I pushed the boat and got out of the rut. It is your choice if you want to stay the way you are or want to grow up mentally.

>>> This is something that unless you're in the brain of a person who gravitates towards the incel community you just can't understand. Something happened in our lives that deeply scarred us and our sense of self and feelings of worthiness.

First off, Incels don't have a monopoly on such experiences, and many of us experienced this kind of life long before the incels decided to form a support group. They're really not unique, with problems the rest of us haven't gone through. I seriously don't gravitate towards the incel community.. because I took responsibility for my own life, rather than accepting other peoples frames. Which is what you're doing.

>>>I don't think people know what it's like to be invisible.

There are heaps of teenagers who would vehemently disagree with you.. along with a rather hefty population of homeless or the poor.

>>>I try to be me but it's like there's an impenetrable wall between the person in my own head and the outside world.

If you don't like "who you are", or how others perceive you, change it. It's really not that difficult to change habits, if you seriously want to change. However, you're not going to get better results in life by repeating the same behavioral norms. It's not them, it's you. It's all on you. Take responsibility for your personality, and how you interact with others... but honestly, work on your self-image. Shift your environment for a few months while you're doing all this personality work. And examine the friends you currently have since they're probably enabling this kind of mindset... might be best to upgrade them to people who are more positive and supportive, without encouraging this mindset you currently have. You'll lose most of them anyway, if you manage to get out of this hole, and start dealing with your life positively.

>>>I just have too many negative points and not enough that saves me. Don't have height or charisma with can be too saving graces for average guys.

Nope. No sympathy from me. Humans have the wonderful ability to learn and adapt to their environment. That includes your personal habits, beliefs, etc. I have a shaking disorder that affects my whole body... and I manage quite well. I also had many of the problems you've listed here, and managed to change my personality/behavior to better suit positive interactions with others.

The problem is that you expect others to change to accommodate you. You shouldn't need to change. People should just appreciate you the way you are... flawed as that might be. Nah. Take it from me. It doesn't work, and only leads to more pain and loneliness.

>>>This is an interesting video on female nature

Steer clear of modern psychology. That includes Peterson. Psychology is a multi-billion dollar industry, and it's designed to keep people in therapy. At least the self-help industry is far more positive, and cherry picks from psychology. However, stop looking for reasons/excuses to stay as you are. Get proactive. Read up on interpersonal communication from a practical perspective, looking at business vids on body language, and NLP. It all translates into any other type of communication you have with people. Do some reading on exercises for positivity training, and habit change. Start some guided meditation, and start doing positive affirmations every morning and every evening.

But ultimately stop passing the buck. Yes, blaming yourself isn't taking responsibility. Identify your limiting beliefs, your detractors, etc. And then, change them. It'll only take a few months for the changes to become established, and with some regular reinforcement, you'll be a new man within a year. Then, consider how women perceive you.. and I think you'll find it's much easier to have a second or third date with them. It's not that hard to do... but people these days are looking for the quick fix. The magical pill that will instantly change their lives without any need to do the work.. but there is no magic pill. It requires honest self-evaluation, the motivation to improve, and consistent efforts to change. Not hard but it does take some time.

I don't think people know what it's like to be invisible.

Who said that? 😁

Really though, every single person on this thread knows what it's like to be invisible. Here we are, trying to help you, granted, we're helping with varying degrees of sincerity at different times, and harshly at others, but have you been hitting the Thanks! button? No. It's like we're invisible. And that hurts.

As the first step in your new life, you have to go back through this thread and thank every post. Then come back to us and talk about being invisible! 😀

• Advertisement

Most incels are cowards who are afraid of actually going outside their comfort zone so the idea they'll ever be able to unleash that many terror attacks strikes me as unlikely. Sure some will, but those guys will have serious mental illness that coincides with them being incels, not solely because they are incels.

Honestly, reading this thread is head-melting in its stupidity. The sad half-arsed reasons the OP is using to promote making zero changes in his life, including the self-pitying "then they see the real me" nonsense. Lad, you aren't some tortured martyr, you are where you are because of the choices you made and continue to make. I mean, loads of us go through the "no one gets me" phase but most of us mature out of it, you have chosen and are choosing to, revel in it.

I'd offer you advice but you already know how to improve your life, you just like your comfort zone too much to leave it.

I'd say the OP might have depression - same lack of hope, feeling alone (when numerous people feel the same as he does), negative thought patterns... needs to help himself but also needs support from others to help him change his toxic way of thinking.

I've heard someone else say that thing about feeling like there's a barrier between themselves and society. That's quite saddening. Someone else suggested schizoid personality disorder. I don't know - the person I know of was on the autism spectrum. But of course we are not able to make a diagnosis here. I think you should definitely speak to a professional, OP.

But all this simplification stuff about Chad and whoever, it may feel comforting to have such easy answers - to give people handy labels - but of course the real world is much broader and more nuanced than that. And again, there is so much evidence that contradicts your claim that only guys with big penises, unbelievable looks and vast wealth can get women, but you don't seem interested in acknowledging that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Agree with others. Seek some counselling, it could really help you. If nothing else, it can give some structure to your thoughts and goal setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sounds like the OP's victimhood is basically their entire identity at this point. I doubt they even want to see any changes/improvements as without their victimhood and misery there's nothing left.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

There's a chap I know whose brother is definitely a dangerous incel type. Probably the best part of 25 stone, big fleshy face full of zits, pale as milk, and a big blowout muffin top stomach. He operates at about 8 w@nks a day and leaves cummy socks and stuff all over the apartment, pisses in bottles and leaves them under his computer desk and even drinks his own piss! He had to be removed from the family whatsapp group after he changed his profile picture to him wearing a ball-gag and started sending willy pictures to the group at the behest of his online femdom mistress as a humilation ritual. Apparently his elderly father got a dick pic at mass and all he could do was reply "my god son, is that your dicky, is that your dicky son?"

He never opens the curtains in his little lair and he has a horrible pube face beard and a big mop of greasy hair. He apparently writes tech articles online and trades crypto. He drinks those sugary energy drinks the whole time and just eats pot noodle type sh1t and premade burgers full of grease. Imagine if he had a gun! Scary guy. He'd be fairly undateable now to be honest. Who'd date the likes of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

We used to call them losers. I don't know how that guy has become "dangerous incel" now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dude, you have had COUNTLESS threads on this and similar topics and it's patently clear that you're basically incapable of interacting with both genders, but you've chosen to focus on women as the issue here. Why??? As I've said before, the problem here is your insistence on approaching even the most basic human interaction on a purely transactional basis. You do this with men as well as women. The issue here is YOU - not women, not other men, not society. You are the common denominator here.

I really, genuinely think you need professional help at this stage, because blaming literally everyone else on the planet for your own perceived inadequacies is not healthy or rational behaviour.

I carry those scars to this day... although, I found my own way of dealing with it all

If you do not mind my asking how did you you deal with it? I agree the "someone for everyone" belief is just what people tell people and themselves

It is not complete nonsense to say some women go for money looks etc. Whether they are happy having achieved it is another thing. I know of one who wanted someone rich and got someone rich and he is horrible to her

• Advertisement

I wonder if the OP has seen the recent thread on incels.is regarding stoicmaxxing. This combined with red pill type improvements might be helpful. You can always improve - weight training, martial arts, losing bodyfat, jaw exercises, cock exercises etc. If you were to add an inch onto your cock which is very possible, maybe you'd be the one walking around with Big Dick Energy. The good thing about cocks is they are measurable and population data is available on them. This is something that appeals to those on the spectrum (i.e. many incels) who love normal distributions, standard deviations, percentiles and so on. An inch onto your cock could quite literally be the difference between going ER or not 😀

Read a few of his other threads. He can't interact normally with anyone, male or female. But it's society's fault for giving women too many options and telling men that they have to be Dan Bilzerian to be worthy of even conversing with another person regardless of gender. All of which is patent nonsense when you look around at the literally millions of people who manage to conduct relationships both romantic and platonic with absolutely no issues whatsoever, despite not fulfilling the parameters of what the OP deems is societally acceptable.

Sometimes we find ourselves single due to circumstance, timing, bad luck, lack of opportunities, personal status, whatever. That's life. I haven't had so much as a shift in five years. It's not because there's some kind of massive conspiracy theory amongst the top tier of humanity aimed at keeping all of us "normals" excluded from the party.

Did you ever try to improve your self esteem with any self help books or tapes or other self help.? I have not read read all of this so apology if you mentioned it

He thinks he's not good enough to compete with social constructs that don't exist outside his own head. That's the issue.

I suspect it's more about attracting attention. Notice how the personality and attitudes are so different from most others on boards, or that he claims some special insight that the rest of us, couldn't, possibly understand? It just seems like he wants to be special, and focusing on the negatives provides that, along with the sympathy from those who try to help, all the while, he can dismiss others suggestions as not being applicable to himself. Because he's special.

TBH he sounds like he's borrowing attitudes from other people rather than expressing his own. Like as if he's grabbed a list of issues from some incels posts, and decided to push them for himself. Otherwise he'd be far more capable of defending his opinions.. which he hasn't been able to do so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

St Elliot lives on

Of course some women only go for money/guys who are like models, but according to the community in question, women full stop exclusively seek such men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

I don't think most people with problems in their personal life resort to violence. Some resort to drink, drugs or just acceptance. I think the UK gun laws could do with looking at. It seems this man involved in the mass shooting in the UK previously had his gun license withdrawn by police and then restored.

As someone who is not a straight male, I'm interested in how this issue is reported in terms of misogny, rather than mental illness. I think either could be involved, as indeed could both.

The British mental health system also needs to be considered. I don't know much about it but I recall that in the 1990s. there was controversy over "care in the community", whereby mentally unstable persons were being moved out of institutions to be cared for residentially. The trend away from institutionalisation needs to be reconsidered, though neither would it be a good idea to return to mass institutionalisation, as Irish history shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Interesting read. Could we potentially see a situation where social media is examined for signs of incelism?

• Advertisement

Ew, it's so bleak. There was an Irish Times item on Facebook recently - it was absolute sh1t, mind. It was like something from Heat magazine or something - an agony aunt thing with a letter from a woman saying she fancied a guy at work but was in a relationship... and how to deal with this I guess. But the comments! A slut, "do your partner a favour and leave him - he deserves better", "typical female behaviour - lining up another man to replace a good guy", "it's hypergamy - she's young now so she has the pick... when she hits the wall she'll take any man who'll have her"...

Because she fancies another man while in a relationship. Seriously. Didn't cheat - just has particular thoughts (which numerous people have, male or female, when in a relationship - because it's completely normal) and the woman haters consider her deserving of the above.

Online misogyny is cool now, and it's no fun to see if you're a woman, especially one who has never been sh1tty to men (e.g. me and my friends).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That would be great. Would be no harm examining a “site” such as this. There are a number of angry male users who, clearly, have “issues” with women.

Successful women, female celebrities and politicians are always their “targets”. While I’m not sure any of them would have the drive, or alacrity, to get out of the house, but it would be nice if something like this could be used to identify and address these “problem” users.

Although, like with Apple looking to scan phones for child abuse images, I’m sure this will be met with the same “resistance” by the very same people.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

And you have 23. What’s your point? I fire off a few posts during the working day. Wouldn’t see too many of them being “problematic” either.

No, I have an active social life. Granted it’s only getting back on track now since the start of he pandemic but active none the less. Lots of friends. Certainly not an incel type, I would have “put it about” quite a bit in my single days. Permanently partnered up now and enjoying a healthy relationship.

Wouldn’t be too keen on all that self pity, anger or hatred. Sounds exhausting and miserable.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

If most INCELs got off the internet for a couple of hours a day and lowered their ridiculous standards they'd vastly improve their social skills and increase their chances of finding a partner.

I know a chap (a brother of a friend) and I was chatting to him one day and he asked me for advice on how to get a date. His main gripe was that he has zero matches on Tinder. He was in his early 20s, a virgin and had never been on a date.

I asked him to show me his account and he did. He had two awful selfies from awful angles. He also wrote nothing in his profile.

We were hanging out in a group so I told him I'd take a few natural photos of him throughout the day. I got three or four good ones, I told him to pick two and throw them up (don't want people thinking he only has one rigout). Then had a look at his Facebook and found another three and told him to throw them up and write a bit about his interests and that in his bio.

I then told him to start swiping and **** hell he was the fussiest fella I've seen swipe on Tinder. Left, left, left, left, left.

He was an ordinary looking fella (certainly no gremlin) and he was swiping left on women leagues above his station.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Not attractive enough."

I took the phone off him and swiped until he ran out of likes. I told him to do the exact same tomorrow and the next day.

A few days later he text saying he had three matches and was chatting to one of them.

They hung out and couple of times but things fizzled out.

He's now been going out with someone else for several months.

You have to give yourself a chance, you can't expect the world to just land someone in your lap.

Oh, I never said it was full of them. Just seems to be a few who’d “fit the bill”.

My usage of this site would be exclusively on the mobile so wouldn’t be “glued” to it, as others may be.

While misplaced, your concern is appreciated. So thank you for that.

This makes no sense. You like what you're attracted to, that's it. I'd hate for someone to date me who found me unattractive so there's no point for your friend here to match with girls he doesn't find attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

People who are guilty of serious harassment are already identified and prosecuted.

If you're talking about identifying people with 'problem attitudes' yes that will be met with resistance lots of other people too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There's an element to that, however judging by photos alone is not a great plan. People, men and women can be very different in the flesh. Positively and negatively. Some people are photogenic some are not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

And yet, in the grand scheme of things, the numbers of white people who live in SE Asia for longer than a year is pretty small. Besides, that ship has mostly sailed and white males are generally treated the same as everyone else. There's some remnants of the past white worship, but nothing like the way it used to be.

Anyone could be an incel... it's not dependent race but attitude.

Attraction is not that absolute at all!

What we think, how we behave, who we're attracted to, it's all affected by many things, most notably the culture/environment we're immersed in.

Spend all day looking at women on the internet, you're going to start comparing porn stars, movie stars and supermodels to each other - the idea of what a normal woman looks like is going to be a distant memory. Add to that the fact that when you're online all the time you lose empathy for the people you're looking at. You'll become more judgmental, less affected by personality or body language, and much less interested in an average looking woman. You'll also end up thinking mad stuff about women like 'they don't have armpit hair' and 'they can hold in their periods' 🙄 If you don't spend any proper time with women, you haven't scratched the surface of understanding what you're attracted to.

It's like when you see documentaries about plastic surgery, and people who get immersed in the world of plastic surgery and just want more and more done. By the end, they barely look human to someone like me, but to them, that's what normal looks like, and that's what they find attractive. Same for other types of body modification, or certain cultures/styles. People aren't just born attracted to one thing; it's affected by everything around us and it changes over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I literally cannot express just how bad of an idea it is to listen to JBP about anything relating to women.

• Advertisement
Advertisement