Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The smell of a new book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Holiday mode ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Went for a run in the woods that was surprisingly nice. I think I timed it well; I went in the evening when it was nice and cool, but not so dark I couldn't see.

Coillte should have ten times the investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This is a slightly mean TH but it brightened my morning a bit. Earlier on Ireland AM, they were interviewing an Irish-based doctor from Afghanistan, followed directly by Colm O'Gorman from Amnesty Ireland who referred back to the doctor at least three times as Dr Afghan, even though his name was Dr. Abdullah. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lovely weather coinciding with annual leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Over the hump of a busy week. 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

An empty wash basket, with everything dried outdoors during the week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Looking up a new recipe and finding I have all the ingredients already 🎉

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the weekend and freedom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Cat hospital is back on our screens from next Friday at 8:30 on rte 🐱🐱🐱😸

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

That I booked tomorrow off last Thursday. Hallelujah 🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got a fruit scone and a coffee earlier, and the waitress gave me two just melted to spread butters and two little tubs of jam. No equally dividing strawberry jelly cubes for me , I'm living like royalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

One good thing about the new platform is I spend alot less time online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not loosing my wallet....

got to the shops and realized I’d walked out without my wallet, or hoped I had just walked out without it and not lost it or been removed from me by a tea leaf...I’d a couple of hundred euros in there...

id just enough loose money in my pocket to get what I needed firstly... food, drinks etc but had to forgo one or two gifts I wanted to get... Back home in a bit of a panic and when I get back home I’ve left the wallet on top of the safe...relief, as card was in there too...

Holding the warm little hand of my six year old grandson for the first time since St Stephens Day 2019. Magical moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I picked up this yesterday eve in my local Tesco, it was a lot nicer than I thought it would be

This gif.... I was annoyed after the football but....

• Advertisement

Another reason to be happy... my exercise bike which I thought I’d broken is in fact not broken... I was envisioning spending another 700 quid from my 900 euro treadmill fund replacing my bike which was without power... couldn’t figure out what the craic was but I tried a longer extension cable to a socket further away and hey presto, there is power and everything works, apart from the two original sockets which are knackered for whatever reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Start deadline(a contradiction I know) was moved to this week, so I get my piece in ahead of my break next week!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Catching someone in a lie, and playing with them as they are trying to get out of it. Today will be fun.

Post edited by Jequ0n on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ABBAs new song , its beautiful .

I wouldn't say this makes me happy but it gives me a laugh.

People's profile pics on Facebook. You know where you have that list of suggested friends and random people pop up on it?

I just find it entertaining the pics people use and wonder what made them think they looked cool. 😆

Ones like, here's me looking back over my shoulder looking all serious or here's me with half my face peeping out from behind a bookshelf and then there's ones where you're like well thank fook I'm not friends with you with the big weirdos head on ya! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My car boot wouldn't click shut, nooooo.

A few quick google searches gave lots of different solutions.

In the end I got some WD40 and sprayed the lock and closed with my fingers and then used the button outside to open. Did that several times. Another generous lashing of WD40 and it worked! My boot is firmly locked

TH´d when DIY goes right! Bless the soul of whoever invented WD40, it's a lifesaver

Roll on three bells and it's goodbye working week and hello weekend. Huzzah! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭4Ad

I ordered running shoes off lifestyle sports,delivered within 24 hours..

And I also got 25% off them..I see they are full price today.

Comfy too !!

• Advertisement

The moon is beautiful, lighting everything up out there tonight.

Advertisement