Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭nedd

Signing up for a digital ID is hardly that difficult. 6 months free is great, there isn't a massive catalogue on the site so you will get to watch the good stuff in that time.

See, Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, For all Mankind...

There are some really top quality shows on it. I wasn't paying for apple tv + and probably won't after the trial ends but there is a really tight selection of stuff to watch.

Do beware, they have links to other streaming services embedded and that is annoying. Sometimes it's hard to know what is available and what isn't.

But again, it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, I remember the first time I clicked into it and saw Tenet on the Home Screen and thought happy days I’ll watch that only to be greeting with a €16 paywall when clicking into it. They do have great sales on the Apple TV though, I’ve bought about 10-15 movies so far all for mostly €4-5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Turns out that the weight saving is due to a smaller heatsink being used, although they've supposedly included a beefier fan to compensate. Austin Evans has a video on it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Not really. This is just Sony refining the design/cutting costs. It's only noteworthy (IMO) in that temps and noise may be altered, but time will tell if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Hi, I have PS5 with 2 controllers - is there a way of having both controllers connected to it at the same time? At the moment I can switch from one to another. I want my kids to be able to play together in Overcooked 2 (but it only allows for sharing controller). Am I missing something here or just PS5 isn't really for split/screen sharing gameplay or does it depend on the game itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Child getting PS5 fro Xmas, will items like the VR headset, wireless headphones, move controllers, aim gun etc from the PS4 all work with the PS5?

Also, are you still able to plug in an external USB powered HDD to add additional storage to the PS5, a la PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You'll need a camera adaptor from Sony for the VR kit to work on the PS5 (its free).

You'll need the serial number from the back of the PSVR Processor Unit and apply here https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭jj880

There is a Sony website you can input the serial number from the VR headset and they will send you a ps5 adapter for free. As for the rest Im not sure but you can use ps4 controllers with PS4 games on ps5 so id say same will apply to other ps4 VR peripherals.

Im not currently using any usb storage with my ps5.

Ps5 vr adapter request: https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Recently bought a PSVR kit to use with the PS5 & the little camera adapter was included in the box with the kit. A nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was there any markings on the box to say if it had the adapter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I still have the box but it’s in the attic, I’ll have a look later.

Edit: It’s marked on the side of the box where the contents are listed, once in the list & separately in the little white box.

Post edited by TherapyBoy on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭jj880

This looks like a good bargain:

I've looked but cant find any details of online deathmatch multiplayer - can someone confirm if this has online deathmatch?

Edit: got it to see. Turns out you can do deathmatch against bots OR people from your PSN friend list but not random players online. Cant complain for 4 euro tho. Will do the single player for sure. Maybe this post should be moved to the bargain thread.

Post edited by jj880 on

----You’ve been awfully patient, and we thank you for that. And now we’re looking forward to showing you what we’ve been working on.

Tune in next Thursday, September 9 at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 9:00pm BST / 10:00pm CEST for a look into the future of PS5. The Showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes and include updates from PlayStation Studios and some of the industry’s most imaginative developers, for games releasing this holiday and beyond. And stick around after the presentation to get more updates from some of the studio teams featured in the Showcase.

One thing to note: PlayStation’s next generation of VR won’t make an appearance this time. But there will still be plenty of great PS5 games from developers large and small. We hope you can join us!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only denying a VR appearance so everything else could appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure is it much of a bargain, got it for the same price on Switch a while back, think it was back in April or May...

Horizon Forbidden West will now get the free PS4-to-PS5 upgrade after the past couple of day's coverage. Going forward, all future PlayStation Studios titles can get a next-gen upgrade for $10 - from the PS Blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Apparently an Alan Wake Remaster is coming in October to be announced Thursday. It looks much, much better on PC vs 360 so this is a welcome update. Unlike something older like Silent Hill 2 where graphical limitations lend itself to the atmosphere and style I don't think the same can be said for Alan Wake. I find the high definition consoles don't get away with it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I was reading on Reddit that some people thing they might announce a diamond tier of psplus, as the announcement trailer is all diamonds

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm guessing they won't go the XBox Live route of a €1 upgrade to a more expensive version, if there is one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder if they'd have 1 package for plus, now and that anime thing they acquired. Throw in ea play as a bonus but doubt that.

Any try buying something today on psn? Getting an error message that something went wrong. Bank said they are not getting any requests from PS and PS said account looks fine. I already re-added my card and same error but they forced all my payments from my account and told me to re-add it again and wait 24 hours to make a purchase. If still an

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If so, I hope they'd do a mid-tier that includes Plus and Now, but not the anime thing. Don't particularly care about the anime thing.

Maybe try buying psn credit from Smyth's or GameStop and purchase using wallet instead of card. Personally I never save bank card to PSN

It seems quite a few commentators are hyping up Thursday's event as being a big deal (even more than they usually do).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would think they'd brand it platinum rather than diamond in keeping with some of the other stuff they've got for peripherals.

Just noticed I have 4,999 trophies and now for some stupid reason, i want to make sure the 5k is a good trophy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, seen a of talk online saying the GTA remasters are being announced that day as well.

Advertisement