Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anne_Widdecombe

Let's take another example: homophobia.

In many African countries, for instance, polls show that 99pc of the population want homosexuality illegal.

Statistically speaking, therefore, if you pluck an average person from Leitrim and an average person from one of these countries - such as the Sudan - would you agree that the man is far are more likely to be homophobic if he's from Sudan rather than Leitrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,270 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Trying to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your fellow citizens and countrymen isn’t racist... it’s common sense, responsible and pragmatic... the increase in Islamic terror attacks across Europe is by and large by people arriving from other countries, under false pretenses.

In 2017 there were 33 Islamic terrorist attacks in the EU. An average of one Islamic terrorist attack every 11 days

in 2008 there were 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

if you pluck an average person 

I dare to say that the average person is not the problem, it's the extremes. For example, one enriching culture might have just 1-2% extreme homophobes (the public execution kind) but that's enough to make an impact, while the enriched culture might have 0.01% which will never be observed.

No. I wouldn't because I don't prejudice people on racist stereotypes.

Also, having spent a lot of time in leitrim, I couldn't for a minute say the leitrim man is less likely to be homophobic

It's still racist, because it's based on culture, and technically, culture is counted the same as race.

It's all part of the same agenda to disallow any profiling of people as a group, and connecting them due to a commonality of behavior. Islamic men are far more likely to expect women to take a secondary and somewhat hidden role in society, but you can't say that with any assurance, because we are expected to see people as individuals. Indian men are far more likely to be abusive to women, and rape is a serious consideration in their culture both in India and abroad. It's the attitude of the social sciences and those advocating multiculturalism for decades to excuse other groups from responsibility for their own culture and it's expression in the real world.. although it's interesting because you can see it being accepted when applied to "men" or "western white men". Double standards abound.

• Advertisement

So, posters all agree that other countries should be allowed to ban Irish people from entering their country, based on the fact that 1 in 4 Irish children have been raped or sexually assaulted by Irish adults?

"Racist stereotypes"!?

These results come from polling!

Such as here.

An extract:

Overwhelming majorities in the predominantly Muslim countries surveyed also say homosexuality should be rejected, including 97% in Jordan, 95% in Egypt, 94% in Tunisia, 93% in the Palestinian territories, 93% in Indonesia, 87% in Pakistan, 86% in Malaysia, 80% in Lebanon and 78% in Turkey.

You can call these facts "racist" all you wish, but they are facts nonetheless.

What you are doing is diminishing the very real, legitimate, and extreme forms of homophobia that exist in these countries.

• Advertisement

You asked me to provide evidence of extreme levels of homophobia in Muslim-majority countries. That I have done.

Now, you appear to be comparing the social values of Leitrim to Abuja or Mogadishu.

A move I wasn't expecting to see, if I'm completely honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

On 22 May 2015, Roscommon–South Leitrim was the only constituency to vote against the proposition in what is sometimes described as the marriage equality referendum, with 51.42% voting No.[7]

There's your poll. Let's say all of those 50% are actually supporting making homosexuality great illegal again. That is still 50% compared to 90+. Actual statistics proving they are much more tolerant but I'm sure you're going to find a flaw in it as well.

Huh? Where did you get that from? (Also sexual assault can be a rather broad term depending on who is using it). Yes, I saw the report that suggested that 15% of all adults in Ireland had been sexually assaulted, but not this 1 in 4 children claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

1 in 4 Irish children have been raped or sexually assaulted by Irish people?? If 1 in 4 have been abuse i'd be amazed. I don't know anyone in my friend or close acquaintance groups that have been abused as children, that's out of about 40 of us. By your stats, at least 10 of us should have been abused or raped. Such utter, utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭conorhal

I honestly don't know why you engage trolls but I'm never not amused at how fast the 'UWU Trust the Science!' crowd descend in to screeching racisism (a word that should constitute a synonym for heritic in the dictionary at this stage) when the facts run counter to their ideology. Mostly because it creates an uncomfortable degree of cognitive dissonance for them, so they stamp their feet and demand that such racist statistics not be collected or they just pretend that they don't exist.

The true believers conditioned response to facts that do not align with their faith, and yes, I do mean faith in a religious sense because their ideology tends to have more in common with religion then science, is typically 'your proof proves noting!' and wall goes up, mostly for self-protection, because it breaks their brain with fear that stepping outside of the approved group-think and accepting an unpalatable reality (sorry, there is no God) will result in them having to think for themselves. They are so egotistical in their beliefs that they risk an existential crisis merely by facing reality, so all you can EVER expect as a response is just another slogan, 'wHaTaBoUt 1 iN 4 tHoUgH?' I find that the conditioning is so ingrained that expecting a rational response or genuine reply is a waste of time.

If Irish migrants in Germany had the same statistics of rape as other groups, I've no doubt they'd be the first to acknowledge the reality of the facts - rather than doing what is usually done, burying heads in quicksand.

Um, I'm between classes and have nothing else to do? 😂

Just one quick report, there are many others and yes sorry, not just children are raped and sexually assaulted, many adults also are

You claimed that you were quoting facts from polls. In fact, you made things up based on what you believe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

No comments from the pro multiculturalism crowd on your link blind justice. Quelle surprise.

Paddy is getting all the nice ones and the British judges are racist - so let's not bring up any uncomfortable facts again, ta in advance.

• Advertisement

So, you don't have anything to back up your statement then.

The articles I read that referenced the research said that of the 15% of adults that had been raped or sexually abused, roughly 8% of them experienced such as children.

So, not 1 in 4 children as you previously claimed. So, you're willing to actually do, what you claim others have been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I've gone through that report, nowhere does it state that 25% (1 in 4) of Irish children have been raped by Irish citizens. You are a bare faced liar, with absolutely nothing to back your lies up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It’s pointless trying to argue with posters who imagine guilt by association fallacies are facts. That’s where this whole line of argument originally came from - a hypothetical thought experiment, and not even a realistic thought experiment, that was put forward as a means to argue against immigration.

The same posters, and I don’t mind saying it - couldn’t care less about girls being raped in the UK, it’s obvious from the fact that they would present such a ridiculous attempt at an argument that they are clutching at straws to justify their position on immigration, and they’ll use any means to do it, even making up complete nonsense, calling it facts, and expecting anyone should have to take it seriously.

The SAVI report has more credibility than posters attempting to conflate mass rape with immigration.

New Years' Eve in Cologne 6 years ago; 1,200 sexual assaults perpetrated by recently entered migrants from North Africa and the Middle East.

You can call that a coincidence if you want, but it's quite clear that something else is at play.

Don't be surprised that when young men who come from countries that, at best, treat women as 2nd/3rd class citizens, that this kind of behaviour persist. The idea that this kind of cultural mentality will magically disappear once they enter Europe is for the birds.

When you bring migrants into a country, you aren't just bringing physical bodies - you also bring the ideas and culture that are embedded in that country. Many migrants are vehicles for very regressive ideas and, in the case of women, a disgusting penchant for sexual assault.

If you’re living in Ireland, aren’t you here peddling plenty of your own regressive ideas already in a country where there are people who claim that their various interest groups are treated as second and third class citizens?

You don’t have to look abroad for the phenomenon at all, let alone at countries which you know nothing about, let alone at the fact that people who emigrate to other countries are looking to escape that country or culture.

Many of the same migrants you’re complaining about actually share your ideas for how Western society should be - lack of freedom, guilt by association, using the organs of the State to suppress dissent, maintaining that citizens should be denied equal rights, y’know, all that stuff you’re fond of banging on about that you don’t want in Irish society, the very things which the same immigrants you’re against coming into the country are the very people who would support you in achieving your aims!

That’s why it appears as though you’re just clutching at straws and using any means you can to justify your position on immigration, while it’s abundantly clear you don’t care about anyone else, you only care about your own ideas, and I don’t mind telling you they’re some shìtty ideas, so your point about any other ideas people bring with them? We have plenty of people with those ideas already, the hundreds thousands more you make up in your own head are just another crappy idea of your own invention.

Even if it's true that there are sexual assault perpetrators in this country, we don't need to add to a pre-existing problem by injecting more people with the same kinds of proclivity into our country.

Offenses against women are higher in Islamic countries. That's an undeniable fact. You can bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist. That's your right.

The rest of us will acknowledge this ugly fact, and also conclude that we do not want to import that kind of misogynistic culture into our country.

Can you point me to anyone, anywhere, who has argued that we need to import more rape and misogyny and abuse into Irish society?

Because if you can’t, then the only thing that’s a fact is that you’re arguing against something which nobody has ever suggested. It’s something you made up entirely in your own head and you’re trying to attribute it to anyone who’s positions on immigration you disagree with. No different than your attempt at guilt by association in suggesting that people from other countries = rapists and misogynists, etc.

In any case, everyone regardless of their national identity would still be subject to the same laws as everyone in Irish society, so your argument as though anyone is permitted to commit rape, or abuse, or disrespect anyone else by virtue of their national identity, is just nonsense. Any amount of immigration won’t change those facts. They are irrelevant to the question of immigration.

It’s why you don’t see me arguing that the people in those countries are also some of the most brilliant minds in the world, because that too is an association fallacy, only in the other direction. It’s also nothing to do with immigration.

Combine the two and you’re having to make a decision whether you care more about what you want to import - brilliant minds, but they also have some dodgy views about you! 😂 Of course the reality that people are multidimensional doesn’t suit your narrative of a stereotype which suits your purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

C'mon jack, explain this one away for us, if u can't just keep shouting racism etc. It'll have to do! -

12% in UK prisons for rape are Muslim men. Muslims are 4% of the population and men are less again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Advertisement