Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Would go with some Royal Oud too Pat! Sounds like the Bergamot/Oud job!

I'd nearly chance 30ml of this also!

Sounds amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

20ml of Sauvage Elixir left in hand ready to ship Monday if anyone wants it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Put me down for it - would make a good birthday present. Will try it before I gift though in case its incredible

Received this morning. I'm torn between giving it as a gift or keeping it myself. It's a gorgeous scent.

I would say it's very old school, one my father would love. I think I'll give to him as its his birthday in the hope you get some more in Pat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Oh that Elixir is super stuff, but I have to dig very deep to find any hints of Sauvage.

Definitely an old school vibe as @Mc Love said above, there is something very familiar about it but I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of. I'm thinking something mainstream late 90's early 00's.

It has lived up to the hype for me anyway.

It's proving popular alright!

New list went out by email yesterday BTW, in case it's in folk's Junk mail or wherever!

If you're who I think you are, I doubt you're stuck for a fragrance or two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Pat - Yet another delivery received in what can only be described as 'Nuclear Bomb' proof packaging. Two amazing scents!

If anyone was ever on the fence about using Pats services please rest assured his customer service us unmatched.

Very pleased with my Sauvage!

Mother is asking about the POAL again :D

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - SEPTEMBER 2021

Shipping

An Post tracked parcel service: €11 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.

An Post standard service: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

I have the following available in hand as of 17/9/21:

•            Creed – Aventus: €97 for 50ml. Last one in hand.

•            Abercormbie & Fitch – Fierce Cologne: €25.50 for 20ml, €36 for 30ml, or €54 for 50ml.

•            Phillipp Plein – No Limit$: 10ml for €14.50 or 20ml for €26. 20ml left.

•            Penhaligon’s – LP No. 9 for Men: €15 for 10ml or €28.50 for 20ml. 20ml left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD

Tuscan Leather Intense *in hand*

You know Tuscan Leather.......well meet its big brother! Takes the original, amps up the leather, lowers the raspberry in favour of some greenness, together with monstrous performance. As an ‘Intense’ flanker, normal pricing on this is €245 for a 50ml bottle but I got an unusually good deal on a 250ml flacon so am listing it considerably cheaper than the one other occasion I split it. Get it before it’s gone – I don’t expect to have it at this price again anytime soon. “A big sexy, sultry fragrance - a swirling cloud of leather and musk” - Fragrantica.

€53 for 20ml, €77 for 30ml, or €124.50 for 50ml.

................................................................................................................

Ombre Leather Parfum (new 2021 release) *in hand*

Brand new flanker for Ombre Leather, with a higher Parfum concentration. While longevity is greater than the original, perhaps surprisingly early reviews suggest this has lower sillage (i.e. ‘scent cloud’ around the wearer) making it more office friendly. “I’m getting Ombré Leather mixed with a little Rochas Moustache. Phenomenal, classy, smells super expensive if you’re into that.” (Fragrantica).

€20 for 10ml, €38 for 20ml, or €54.50 for 30ml. 30ml portion available in original 100ml bottle.

................................................................................................................

CREED

Royal Oud *on the way*

One of Creed’s top sellers and it’s easy to see why. Despite the name, oud is very much in a supporting role here behind a front line of citrus and cedar. Regal and sophisticated, this is classy without being shouty. Price is based on snapping a still available pre price rise flacon so grab it while you can.

€91.50 for 50ml. Two available.

OLFACTIVE STUDIO

Woody Mood *in hand*

Big list of notes on this one, including what must surely be the first time I’ve seen sequoia as a note! The name gives the name away here – this is woody and...err....moody – along with a nice dash of spice. I like this one – it’s really rather good. “Pleasantly warm and profoundly comforting, yet complex and weird enough to keep you on your toes. Imagine walking into an aged wooden crate that has held its fair share of spices over the years, while in your hand is a cold pint of fresh and effervescent ginger beer.” – Fragrantica.

€19 for 10ml, €36 for 20ml, €51 for 30ml or €77.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

BOND NO. 9   

West Broadway *in hand*

Unisex incense, lime and musk release from New York’s Bond No. 9. "I don't normally like citrus-based fragrances, but this one is different. The lime isn't overpowering, and what I get is a musky, woodsy, spicy scent that I really enjoy, rather than a super crisp or sour one, which I often experience with citrus."

€18.50 for 10ml, €35 for 20ml, €49.50 for 30ml or €75 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box. Want the whole unused 100ml bottle (note, Bond No 9 boxes are not cellophane wrapped)) Yours for €130.

FRAPIN   

1270 *in hand*

A warm, enveloping cloud for the cooler months here. Cacao, rum, spices and a dash of fruit. Very cozy. "I loved this upon first whiff. Earthy and spicy with some green leaves (fresh woods) in the background, sultry fruits and pepper. I got no booze and no butterscotch. I did get some dried fruit, a little pineapple and slight melding of coffee and chocolate, but mainly spice on my skin. Nice. Sexy and inviting and very much cold holiday weather."

€18.50 for 10ml, €35 for 20ml, or €49.50 for 30ml. 30ml portion available in original 100ml bottle and box.

GUERLAIN      

L’Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme eau de toilette *in hand*

This masculine fragrance is such a legend on fragrance forums it’s simply known by its acronym LIDG.....no explanation necessary, everyone knows what you’re talking about! For some reason I expected this to be pretty old school but couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s actually bang up to date and suitable for all age groups rather than the geriatrics (like me) that I expected. Citrus, spice, wood, it’s all here. For the price, this is a bit of a no brainer really. "Very nice inoffensive and casual scent. You have a big burst of lemon and anise in the opening that dries down to a tasty cacao and patchouli which give a dark chocolate type scent."

€11 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, or €29 for 30ml.

ACQUA DI PARMA         

Cipresso di Toscana *in hand*

AdP’s Blu line tends towards fresh, light colognes........but this is actually a bit different. Sure the citrus is there, but underlined by a firmer blast of wood than perhaps expected making this useful into the cooler months. "A beautiful aromatic fougere-style fragrance that reminds me strongly of the sorely missed Insensé, maybe due to the deft marriage of citrus, floral and conifer notes. Great balance, performance and quality." (Fragrantica).

€22 for 10ml, €30 for 20ml, or €45.50 for 50ml.

TRUEFITT AND HILL                

Sandalwood Cologne *in hand*

Rather unsurprisingly, sandalwood is the standout here alongside a blast of zingy citrus in what is very much a classic cologne. "This fragrance is very difficult to describe without wanting to call it perfect, because that's what it is, almost. Its a subtle masterpiece. Perfectly balanced woods and musk with lime or bergamot topnotes. Its unbelievable. Masculine, assured, quietly confident, gentlemanly, its pure class it really is. There's no complication in its composition, its wow factor comes from it not trying too hard, its so sophisticated like that. Closest I've come to a signature scent. This is not for boys, late 20's plus, for people who have themselves together."

€14 for 10ml, or €26.50 for 20ml.

__________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rerun242

First time review so here goes…..Creed Royal Oud….very nice sweet woodsy scent…Checked out the reviews and Cedar seems to be the main scent description…very good…next up Creed VIW….probably one of the nicest scents going…fantastic stuff….lastly Thomas Kosmala No.4….nuclear strong but not a fan unfortunately…very basic review but looking forward to trying Creed Spice and Wood…seems to be very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Pat!

How’s tricks!

Any sign of some Creed Aventus For Her, knocking about for December?

I’d be interested in 2 x 50ml if it was available.

(Possibly 3 x 50ml at a push!).

Maybe! Not sure yet, but was up one of the Creed females anyway. Wouldn't be as cheap as previously though due to price rises etc.

Good stuff.

You might let me know if you get anything in so.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

This is looking more like a goer now, certainly for a 250ml flacon, possibly 500ml, as I had an email enquiry recently as well. Price would be €104 for 50ml before shipping (for contrast it's €175 for only 30ml at BT currently). Would be a bit lower if 500ml gets off the line. Will drop you both a line. If anyone else wants in - send me a PM!

• Advertisement

Pat,

I’ll take 3 x 50ml at that price.

Legend! 👍

Great, this is 100% happening so! I'll drop you a line.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - OCTOBER 2021

Shipping

An Post tracked parcel service: €11 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.

An Post standard service: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

I have the following available in hand as of 21/10/21:

• Creed – Aventus: €97 for 50ml.
    • Creed – Royal Oud: €91.50 for 50ml. Two left.
    • Guerlain – L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme: €11 for 10ml or €20 for 20ml.
    • Olfactive Studio – Woody Mood: €19 for 10ml, €36 for 20ml, €51 for 30ml, or €77.50 for 50ml in the original 100ml bottle and box.
    • Tom Ford – Tuscan Leather Intense €27.50 (one only).

Reduced! Price drop!

• Abercormbie & Fitch – Fierce Cologne: €20 for 20ml, €29 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml.
    • Bond No 9 – West Broadway: €15 for 10ml, €30 for 20ml, €40 for 30ml, or €65 for 50ml in fancy original 100ml bottle / box.

...................................................................................................................................................

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA

Autumn Vibes (in hand*)

Brand new from perennial splits fave Maison Margiela. Given the name it’s no surprise this is a warming cedar, moss and spice affair. The ‘red leaves’ component comes from maple apparently.

€16.50 for 10ml, €31 for 20ml, or €43.50 for 30ml.

Bubble Bath (*in hand*)

More Margiela, and another self explanatory name. So expect clean soapy smells, with an undercurrent of coconut and florals. This is nominally unisex but reviews suggest it’s fairly feminine. “Overall I get a sense of warm, faintly sweet, just out-of-the-bath skin wrapped in a luxurious white towel. It's clean but still has depth/character, and it's far more nuanced and lovely than the name implies.” (Fragrantica).

€13.50 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

LALIQUE

Terres Aromatiques (*in hand*)

From Lalique’s upscale Noir Premiere line so expect some of the best packaging in the business. The fragrance itself is a versatile fruit, herb and tonka mix – so slightly sweet and fruity, but tempered by earthy thyme. “Terres Aromatiques is a rare fragrance, of those niche fragrances that maintain a popular appeal and yet still maintains a beautiful and strange dialectic between the notes used from side to side and from top to bottom”. (Fragrantica).

• €15 for 10ml, €28 for 20ml, or €39 for 30ml.

................................................................................................................................ 

MONTALE

Full Incense (*in hand*)

All about the incense here folks (hence the name I guess!). And I don’t mean ‘inspired by’ or ‘touches of’ incense. This is pretty much straight down the line church style incense, so if you want to smell like a priest, here’s your chance! Very much in the vein of Heeley’s Cardinal and Comme des Garcon’s Avignon, but rather more budget friendly.... “Montale Full Incense smells like an ancient story of aromatic pine, strange, sugared crystals of frankincense, and fresh, grounding cedar shavings”.

• €14 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, or €35.50 for 30ml.

................................................................................................................................

DIOR

Fahrenheit eau de toilette (*in hand*)

A male fragrance icon, you probably know Fahrenheit already – and if you don’t, you bloody well should! Long list of notes here, with the most famous being a petrol vibe due to violet leaf, but also quite a touch of leather. Deeply, unashamedly masculine – and almost aggressive so not exactly safe office wear. “Definition of men's leather perfume. Strong and potent.”

• €23.50 for 20ml, €33 for 30ml, or €50 for 50ml.

...............................................................................................................................

RASASI

La Yuqawam Pour Femme (*in hand*)

The male La Yuqawam is a straight clone of Tuscan Leather, but this female version is quite different – it’s very similar to Tom Ford’s Black Orchid, but apparently a bit gentler and sweeter. “Very close to Black Orchid at some point but much much better, in terms of concentration and longevity. La Yuqawam smells a good 8 hours on my skin whereas Black Orchid was gone by midday from both my wrist and my sleeve”.

• €15 for 10ml, €27.50 for 20ml, or €39 for 30ml.

Thanks a million for last order Pat

Royal Oud is a lovely new go to fragrance, different than the other Tom Ford's, amazing smell and longevity- The Aqua di Parma one dries down really well and something I'd go again for! Packaging A1! Seriously impressive!

Need to stay away from the thread for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Got my Angels Share and Full Incense, thank Pat.

I had sampled Full Incense before so knew what to expect(more sauna than burning incense for me) but was curious to try Angels Share and this was my chance at an affordable price.

pits right up my street. Very gourmand and very nice. I just don’t know if it’s worth the price of a full bottle purchase. Will go through my 10ml and see how I get on with it.

Yeah, I wasn't originally a big fan of Royal Oud but I've changed my mind - classy and versatile!

I hadn't smelled Angel's Share prior to splitting it but must say it's really nice. Full bottle price is at the cheap (LOL) end of Kilian pricing at ~€180 for 50ml.......however I think Angel's Share is actually quite close to one of my 'under the radar' favourites - Fleur Universelle by Lalique. They're not 100% identical but maybe 80% - but I'd be confident fans of either will like the other. The good news is that while the RRP of the Lalique is something like €250 (for 100ml), it can often be found deeply discounted, even under €100 - given the quality of the fragrance, and the awesome packaging, that's actually well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I got a new cabinet recently, the top shelf of it suited these bottles perfectly!

• Advertisement

I have one 30ml Creed Aventus if someone wants to grab it - normally only available in 50ml so a chance to pay a bit less to try it! Price €60 plus tracked parcel shipping of €11 (this covers as many bottles I can squeeze in a box). Interested? Drop me a PM!

Advertisement