If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50pus7805

Options
  • 19-07-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Is there free delivery for this item to cork? Is there any voucher promo code available?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Rightmove.

Thanks for the post.

The 50PUS7805 is currently priced at 529 Euro delivered.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204842-philips-50pus7805-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

It also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

There are no voucher codes on this TV at this time unfortunately.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

currys have the 7855 for 499 and with delivery is still few euros cheaper. will think on it

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem at all Rightmove.

Just remember Currys only offer a 2 year warranty with their Philips set :)

Thanks Kenny- I went with a higher spec one in the end and ordered it from richer sounds and it arrived last week. One small question - I did notice the new one had both and aerial and a satellite input. My previous tv was a bravia and had one the aerial input so I bought a combi sat receiver box (for the freesat and aerial and single remote) and connected that to the tv via hdmi. I did the same for the phillips (to make the install faster) but I assume if I want I could just hook up the sat and aerial port directly on the new tv and remove the combi box altogether?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi rightmove, thanks so much for the order!

The Philips have a satellite input but it doesn't have a Satellite tuner with built in EPG so you will get the channels but they will not be in order or have any programme information. I think you'd be best sticking with your combi box for Freesat but you can run Saorview directly in your TV via the built in tuner!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks

If I do use the TV satellite input should I expect even now and next only in the program listings.? TBH the combi box I have only gives now and next anyhow, never gave me more!. I presume I could organize them into a favorites group if I use the tv sat input. I presume the picture quality would be better also with direct attached.

Hi rightmove,

You wouldn't get any programme info at all, not even now or next. it doesn;t have an EPG tuner built in so is not rated for Freesat. It will only pick up the channels.

I'm not 100% sure if you can even organise them I'm afraid

Kind regards

David

thanks - thats a shame

On the Satellite question, I get it ....as the TV does not have a special Freesat mode it will just list all the channels it can find on that satellite. It appears the only way around this is to create a 'Favourites' list, scroll through all the channels and then add the ones I want (and can actually watch), one at a time. Doesnt seem that much different to what I do on the combi box either

Hi rightmove,

It does make it a bit more awkward without the dedicated tuner unfortunately!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.