Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've been away from the thread but watching from a distance.

You couldn't make this up, unless you were Simon Coveney of course , he's looking like Toast, Leo's certainly landed him in it today. Intriguing text messages released to media , Katherine seemed very, very keen. Leo seems to have been in the dark and Simon seems to have been plotting well before cabinet and MM informed.

Simons deletion of messages has now raised more questions, and this mysterious leak he's referring to has raised eyebrows, especially from Leaker in chief,Leo who's now said he'll need to speak to Simon about this leak as he wasn't aware of one. Has a government ministers phone and info contained within been compromised 🤔🤔🤔🤔

In a nutshell, Coveney's bizzare excuses, explanations yesterday are now under scrutiny and the explanation that he deletes messages is about to bite him in the ass.

Also, did I see Katherine referring to herself as piglets in her texts to Leo, was that a user name or is that what Leo has her down as contact name🤔

These people live in cuckoo land, Simons hopes of a quite spell, afghan and security Council distractions to deflect may not materialise.

Great fun this, but oddly quite disturbing.

Over to FG admirers 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Francie, the reason why The Taoiseach doesn't know is because it never happened. This is such a major lie that Coveney is no longer fit for office.

A phishing scam would not have you deleting your texts. It also makes you wonder if it was a phishing text or phishing email. If it was an email was it on his personal or work email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

We still havent got clarity on whether Zappone refers to herself as the Piglet because she likes having her nose in the trough for expenses or if she was in the Piglet wine bar. Its trending no.1 on Twitter anyway

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1433103793420443654

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Absolutely 100% dead serious.

Considering that a thousand cabinet proposals and policy matters and decisions are tossed around all day every day, what's the big friggin deal about this?

Other than some mis-communications and some assistants dropping the ball on who was to be briefed about this very minor issue and when, what the hell is bothering everyone?

No decisions were made outside of cabinet, the event in the Merrion was more or less a separate thing and compliant with restrictions at the time.

What I want to know is, what do people see as wrongdoing? Is it actual wrongdoing or just a belief in the empty hype? What do you see as the end game here?

Cos, lads, in the grown ups World, #ResignLeo all on its own means sweet eff all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Robert Troy now having a mare.

There's blood in the water here. Coveney's next move will be interesting.

Was on Drivetime. Kept tying himself in knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Allinall

No surprise he was tying himself in knots. They are sending out the sacrificial lambs to defend the indefensible and the big hitters such as Leo and Donnelly are only being interviewed on their own.

• Advertisement

How's your imagination doing? Now that two government ministers have just had to admit on the radio that government business was indeed being carried out by text?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭archfi

'Hello from The Piglet' is apt coming from Zappone. She's had her nose in our trough quite publically.

I despair that anyone in authority here would consider and believe a TQIA+ fanatic would in anyway defend free speech/expression.

Queer theorists are exceptionally dangerous censorious zealots.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I thought I was imagining this when I saw the photo of Leo's message thread, not sure wether to be amused or quite disturbed, what an odd bunch these people are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

More and more trouble coming from this. Freedom of information act ignored by multiple requests it seems. FG ministers blatantly lying and then defying freedom of information requests.

https://twitter.com/JackHoJo/status/1433095705657229316?s=19

At this rate Coveney might be thankful of an envoy posting for himself to timbuktu 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Surely this will separate the part again, Leo dumping Coveney in it. Fairly quick to do it too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I don't see how people don't know that she obviously means the wine bar where she is.

I'm no fan of her and the shenanigans but Piglet is the place where she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Most people wouldn't have heard of it. I know I haven't.

Similarly, it seems that the McCanns in the Merrion were the only people (on the island) that knew the regulations.

I stand humbly corrected, I genuinely thought it was a user name, not the name of a venue, I need to get out more 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

This is the first thing I thought of. Leo more than happy to release his texts and leave everything at the door of Coveney.

I didn't see Leo releasing his texts when he was caught up in his own leaking scandal.

It's not so much being transparent, as washing your hands and diverting blame away from yourself.

I actually like Coveney and don't know why. But jesus, he's really dug a hole with the hacking excuse.

Won't be able to avoid being asked who he reported it to, did he inform the Gardaí, Tánaiste, Department of Defence or MM. If he didn't do any of those things, and he's using the excuse of national security, he'll fall on that sword by admitting he never informed anyone of a potential breach of national security. Sure, isn't that his reason for deleting messages after all...

Phew! I had no idea it was a venue.

I can stop cringing now. 😁

Looks Leo has his knives out for Simon. He is thinking that if Simon goes he will be in the clear and one less major threat to his leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Now deleted texts, Coveney has to go

Simon Harris curiously Quite, normally looses the run of himself when a micro phone within a few yards of him 🤔 he's one buffoon I've not missed during the Dail and Political break 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

They created a crony position on the tax payers expense and lied about it. Forgetting the Merrion affair for the moment, that's some pretty serious stuff, I know not when FG do it, but it really is. Coveney may have broken the law deleting his texts. We could see a FG with the top two under criminal investigation, again it's FG, so....but it really is a big deal. We already allowed the bar be lowered for Varadkar's leaking. How low is too low, when it's another party? Cowen had to resign for avoiding a checkpoint.

Can you clarify what a "nothing burger" is, (I don't watch Nickelodeon) and how it pertains to ministers lying and creating makey-up crony jobs?

Now MM Joining the party, a bit late but intriguing, poor Coveney must be feeling the heat 🤔

I saw him prouncing about on a naval vessel earlier today, I'm sure I wonder did he grab a life jacket before departing 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Perhaps they are astonished at the claims made by Coveney? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Seems that Gary Gannon has officially asked about Coveney's claim that his phone was hacked. Wonder if he will get a reply?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Is a Minister of Defense and Foreign Affairs's phone being hacked not newsworthy?

I don't remember reading about it.

Advertisement