Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configure behaviour for a LAN connection fault?

Options
  • 31-08-2021 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have a Wi-Fi module installed on my HKC alarm. As with all internet connections they can go down from time to time and this causes a "LAN Link flt" (fault) or a "LAN SCOM flt" (fault) and it appears that the default behaviour is to emit a loud beep and set the system to ARMED.

Is there a way configure this default behaviour? Because I really don't want this to happen at 3 am when I'm home.

Can the alarm be configured to leave it at UNSET (if it was already UNSET) and don't beep - should see the notification in the HKC app in the morning.

I have engineer access.

Thanks for any help you can give!

John

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can turn off the LAN monitor in the options setting on control panel.

This will not indicate a fault or beep at the panel for a LAN fault.

Please note it does not set your alarm but indicates a fault which you acknowledge by putting in your code on the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnwarde

Hi @altor,

Thank you for your response.

"Please note it does not set your alarm but indicates a fault which you acknowledge by putting in your code on the keypad."

Yes, I've realised this since my initial post and before the tests above - alarm did not fire when I tripped a PIR. This is good to know - thanks!

"You can turn off the LAN monitor in the options setting on control panel"

I went into the following menu ...

Comms Menu => Communicators => WiFi / Ethernet => Options => Monitor Faults

... which has "Comms Fault" and "Fault Delay" options. Initially, I set "Fault Delay" to 1m (minutes) to test if I was in the correct menu but upon exiting engineer mode it did not fire after a minute when I turned off the WiFi signal. Waited a few more minutes and as I was about restore the "Fault Delay" value, the fault light lit (only) on the panel while in engineer mode (alarm light did light when I exited engineer mode, however no faults in log on phone app).

Set "Comms Fault" to NO and as expected/you mentioned "This will not indicate a fault or beep at the panel for a LAN fault". And faults do not appear in the log of the phone app.

I do want to know about the (Comms) fault, via the panel lights (no sound) and in the log/notifications of the phone app.

I will keep poking around the menus to see if I can find an option/solution. Further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

Unfortunately it either sends the fault or it doesn't.

Can you extend the fault time as apposed to turning it off?

Advertisement