Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

This time of year, it is very noticeable after the weekend. Had to put the light on this morning when I got up shortly after 7. Although it's a pretty grey, dull day out there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Fair play, I haven't been up before 8 since before covid hahahahaha.

Loving the start to Fall/Winter. Only last night I was sitting in my kitchen with the stove on, drinking whiskey in the dark. It was bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fingers crossed!! 🤞🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Lets hope it gives Christmas events enough time to get organised and we get back some of the things we love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Elves I hope you are all well, you all and Christmas haven’t been far from my mind

Looking forward to catching up on threads and experiencing all the hype with you guys this year Xx

I haven’t been up to much since I last posted just adjusting to motherhood, enjoying been at home, experiencing things as a family and watching my little girl grow before my eyes, who is turning 6 months on Sunday, the time has just went

Good to hear all going well Sarah. Elf one is 7 in a couple of weeks and only seems the other day we were bring her home from the hospital 😯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning all, back to the grindstone after two wonderful weeks off! Had a total disconnect from everything and it was just lovely to spend time with the family. We had a lovely family holiday in Killarney and the mini elves went back to school/creche yesterday so we are all systems go and back to the routine now :) And ready to focus on getting ready for Christmas!

Sounds great CL, good to hear you had a nice time.

The Christmas stock is now up on the UK version of the M&S website

Still nothing on the .ie site though 🙁 A lot of new products this year. They seemed to have the exact same stock the last few years, so it's good to see something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Woohooo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Part of me is terrified we've reached September, but this time of year onwards is my favorite part of the year.

I have this irrational nagging feeling that I should be buying Christmas presents!!

I've been racking my brain trying to decide what I'd like to put on my Christmas wish list 😆

A friend of mine was the The Range today and they were putting out there Christmas stock 🎅🧑‍🎄🤶

Its getting closer 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Also September and November are two "short" months (30 days) so it's just going to fly in 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hopefully now we can get some Christmas events and shows running this year. I went to Taste at Christmas in the RDS a few years ago and it was a great day out.

Looking forward to something similar this year and promised myself I would be doing lots this year to make up for the lack of festivities last year!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Hubby just got home from our local Tesco and told me they have the Christmas tubs in...he nearly bought the celebrations. Nearly?!?...amateur!!🤣

😎🎅

• Advertisement

Happy September!! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys, hope you're all keeping well.

Apologies for not being on in quite a while. Between starting a new job (which I really enjoy) and the new Boards layout I've been really busy. I've actually started to bookmark certain Boards pages so I don't get lost in the new configuration (this brilliant one included). Into the 'ber months now, so hard to believe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well I suppose it's acceptable now to say it's Autumn everywhere.(After Hours).

Happy September everybody and welcome to the BER months.

Double digits this month and we won't miss it now with the stuff arriving in the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Feelings right now

I assume it acceptable to start saying 'Happy Christmas' to people you meet now 😀

Of course it is! 😁😁

Congrats on the new job, DenMan- glad to hear you're enjoying it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Welcome to the Ber months everyone. Definitely felt more birr this morning too.

The 'Ber months are here! 😍 We've so much on this month with birthdays, we're going to Centre Parcs, I'm having a girls night away with a friend and then it'll be October & sure Hallowe'en and sure then it's November and we all know that Nov 1st is really Go For Launch so it'll actually be Christmas in the blink of an eye! It simultaneously exhilarating and alarming!

Elf2's first day of big school. His bag is nearly bigger then he is!! Mum more nervous then him!!!

• Advertisement

Daddy Auto’s birthday today 🥳🥳🎂🎁

Bringing him on a day trip now 😊

Great buzz about the place today, Happy September! 😁 Hope all the kiddies got on well in school!

There are berries on the hawthorns out here so have been really feeling the Autumn vibes 🎃🍂🍁

I have a freezer full of blackberries which will be made into jam at some point in the next week or so! Love this time of the year!

This photo is stolen from Bargain Alerts but its a nice stack of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'll be waiting until they're reduced in price before indulging!! 😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Autumn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I like to get the tins, rather than the tubs- I'd have bought the tin of Lindor last year if they hadn't been twenty feckin' euro!! 😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

yeah that was a bit OTT. We ended up getting some of their boxes instead, amazon had a great deal at the time in fact that made a mockery of the price of the tins.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yeah, I got a big box of the regular lindor and a big box of the hazelnut ones, for much less than a tin would cost. Plus the tin has white chocolate ones in it and I wouldn't even eat those, ick! 😂

• Advertisement

Me too terrified we are in September Antimatterx

TRS30 sick in my stomach feeling too that I have nothing bought

Not quiet there yet however give me a few more weeks with nothing bought or even an idea and I be with you!

Happy Ber month Elves

I hope all the kiddos got on ok going back to school and the Mams and Dads too

Philip Boucher Hayes tweeted this ….Only 74 school lunches till Christmas holidays.

(If you know, you know.)

Beauty lovers just got an email from Look Fantastic .com about their Advent Calendar 😀

😂 we are still doing home improvements with lockdowns and a new baby we are behind so that with plenty to do and getting everything for the big day with our little girls first Christmas it’s gut wrenching 🤣 but I have you Elves on here to know I won’t be alone

on the upside some home improvements in the sitting room will give me new alcove units that leaves plenty of room for new Christmas decorations to decorate them 👌

I was in Tesco earlier, and not only did they have the tubs of sweets (2 for €10), but they also had selection boxes for sale. I don't think the selection boxes are usually out this early. I even overheard two staff members talking about how early it is for selection boxes.

When I was in secondary school in the mid 2000's they were normally a few out when we went back to school.

We are thinking of getting a new kitchen before Christmas. Not 100% decided however need to decide in the next couple of days. Will take up a lot of time so need to have it done by early Nov at the latest to not interfere with Christmas!

So if i carry the 1, divide by half, multiple by pie...........you are in your 30s 😂

@TRS30 30 next year.( It's a bit daunting to be honest).

I got my kitchen done the second week of November last year, and just about had the place sorted by early December (stone worktop takes 2/3 weeks) so yeah, definitely wouldn't go any later! It was great having a brand new kitchen when Christmas rolled around though. 🙂

• Advertisement
Advertisement