Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah will work fine for the '21

Nothing obvious so far.

What's playing now shows on the idle screen, that's the only thing I've noticed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luckycat007

I just got a quote for an eNiro for 40k, with trade but I believe they said this would be the price without trade as well. Shouldn't this match the Kia site as well, at around 38k?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Seems like a lot - especially with a trade-in. At that price, you're very close to an EV6 or an Ioniq 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luckycat007

Price adjusted to 37.5k, no trade, so really considering this; Ioniq 5 will be about the same price entry level trim, but with 58kWh - which might actually be enough for our travel goals (plus higher speed charging).

• Advertisement

Ask if 37.5 is OTR price as they add metallic paint + delivery charge and you can't pick a non-metallic paint. Base price was around 38k last year too, but OTR was 40.9.

Yes, if the e-Niro is small for you and the range is too big, you can pick base model Ioniq 5 / EV6.

For us, we don't want a bigger car, but want bigger range - so even the most expensive Ioniq 5 / EV6 wouldn't be an upgrade to the e-Niro.

Post edited by xboxdad on

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Paid 35.8 k last month in Dublin . Traded in an 06 Mondeo for which the dealer added about 3 k discount after grant . my car was really not worth more than 300e .

You may want to consider a trade in or shop around for a slightly better deal ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Wow, which dealer was this, may I ask?

I was unable to trade in a bit newer Qashqai than your Mondeo. They said it's worth nothing. I sold it for 1800 EUR privately.. (BTW there were virtually no e-Niros on stock in the country when this happened, so they could play hardball easily)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

I bought from Gowan motors on navan road . Probably it was the end of the quarter / beginning july that I got a decent discount . Delivery was in 2 weeks so issues now with supply .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Thinking of getting a second hand eNiro in the coming months but seems to be very few advertised online. Was there many eNiros sold or imported in Ireland in ~2019? And would some of these be likely to be traded in early 2022 when new car supply starts to pickup hopefully?

Anyone here planning on trading one of these in the coming months and what sort of money are they getting for it?

Only 72 registered in Ireland in 2019 and 393 in 2020, - careful with the early 191 niros they were the small battery ones.

Looks like 635 so far in 2021.

There's not much on the market for an e niro driver to move to yet, maybe when the ioniq 5 or ev 6 come onto the market more, but they are still bigger car than the niro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

I was looking at this a few months back, and found it extremely difficult, to find a 2020/2021 long range - used model.

The “very few” i did find, from car dealers, were not that materially different in price, to buying a new one- straight sale with no trade in, when you take into account a new one at the time came with a basic home charger included, or €500 Easgo Credit.

One poster on here got a new e niro long range for 36.5k,(no trade in) also examples of 37.5k. The used 2020/2021 i did find, were maybe 2 to 3 grand cheaper, which reduced further, when you take the €500 Easgo credit or home charger included.(Easy go credit is no longer an option on a new E Niro, since June’ish)

There is also the fact that used car values, have gone up in the last year, and continue to do so, going for new one, made much more sense overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭traume

Does anyone has connectivity issues to UVO app while using Vodafone mobile data?

Bought e-Niro in February and have issues since with both versions of the UVO app.

It works like a charm while on home WiFi or through VPN, but once Im on Vodafone mobile data- app fails to load and gives Network error.

I have opened a case with UVO app support, did a research on which DNS UVO app works and on which it doesn't, but if there is anyone else then me with this issue, I could escalate this case quicker.

E.g. for me-

DNS which doesn't work-

89.19.64.172 (Vodafone mobile)

89.19.64.44 (Vodafone mobile)

8.8.4.4 (Google)

DNS which works-

8.8.8.8 (Google)

1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1?! 😂)

103.86.96.100 (NordVPN)

103.86.99.100 (NordVPN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Works for me with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Sounds more like an MTU type issue with your mobile data connection.

What sort of speeds and latency figures are you getting with going to www.fast.com ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Me too. Haven't noticed any problems with Vodafone mobile data.

It gives me just DL speed, but it doesn't explain why it works though VPN via mobile data.

What do you mean with MTU?

Can anyone please change DNS to 89.19.64.172 or 89.19.64.44 and try through Vodafone mobile data?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

Does anyone know what the latest version of the software is? I just had my car in for a service and was told it was fully updated despite the car coming out with the same version of everything as it had went it went in. My USB key containing my music didn't even get removed from the car to have the latest software installed.

I would like to avoid getting charged for labour if I have to drop the car in at a later date for the software update. I currently have the below which I understand to be the 2019 version. I have the newer version of the car with the 10" screen.

Model: DEAE.S5BLC.AEU

Software: DE_E_20.S5W_L.001.001.191204

Firmware: DE_E_20.EUR.02.200117.MICOM

Nav App: STD5W.EUR.KMC.191119.7074eb6

Map: EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

MKBD Software: 01.01

The easiest way if you have Android phone download PingTools and you will see 3 icons. Left one is your ip, second one is your gateway. Once you click on it you will see two rows with DNS.

Huh, sorry, I misread the comment.

I don't know other way except changing it having NordVPN, but I believe here are plenty technical people who know how to do it on the phone.

If its not purple, its not the latest.

I think the latest now going about would be be the 23rd of july 21 one. (210723)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

@CoffeeBean2 and others, you have to be very careful as to what you ask.

The dealer is likely correct in his answer to your question, as software updates I believe are done via the ODBII connector, and the only update has been a BMS update in around December 2020.

What everyone "means" to ask about is the maps and infotainment software, which is totally different, and is updated at least every 6 months

You can download the latest software yourself. I did it a few months ago (see older posts in this thread) and it works fine. Not a big fan of purple, but at least Navigation now accepts eircodes and the right panel in Android Auto has the standard views.

I got the 1st service done at 13k kms (couldn't estimate it better when booking 2 months ahead)

They wrote 28k kms as the next service mileage

What is my obligation?

Get 2nd service done 15k kms after the 1st one?

...or get 2nd service done no later than 30k kms?

I rocked into my first service at about 20+k lol next one on the sticker is 41.. so I'm going with that.

Knowing me it will be more - it's just a check anyway.

• Advertisement

How come you have to bring it each 20k and I have to bring it each 15k? This is adding more to my confusion :)

Advertisement