Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Tánaiste releases Coveney, Zappone texts on envoy role (rte.ie)

What the hell is going on here??? Very odd behaviour.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Getting rid of your political opponents. If I can't be Taoiseach in the future, neither can you.

Very unseemly behaviour. Our political system is red rotten.

I can't wait to see how the blinkered loyalists defend this one.

New Politics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

A few weeks ago someone posted something like, 'If you think FG hate SF. you should see how much they hate each other'.

Interesting that Charlie Flanagan got the knife in on Coveney asking for clarity. Normally these parties close ranks. Is it Flanagan getting back at Coveney for criticising the parade for the RIC/Black and Tans?

Varadkar is engaging in cutting his nose, to spite his face. He's never shown himself to be the brightest in these things and comes across as petty and spiteful. Here we have him hanging Coveney thinking his involvement will be missed. He lied too.

While it makes for great drama, it's worrying to see the internal character of these people we allow make decisions on the understanding they are trying to do what's best for the public.

Martin will shake his head but do nothing. Can't see him giving up the throne. Although, can't see Varadkar ever getting the top job back.

• Advertisement

FF grassroots hate that Martin has been so weak throughout the coalition. A puppet Taoiseach. His inaction here will be the final straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,981 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Leo claims the Zappone affair is not overshadowing the work of government.

He's clearly not listening to the news programmes of the day. 😁 Hildregard Naughton the latest to get extremely tetchy and vague when being 'grilled' (only word for it) by Brian Dobson and failing to come up with any credible excuse or explanation. She follows in a long line of Ministers and party members doing similar.

Will Simon make it to his next attempt to explain to the Foreign Affairs Committee? PAC still to come too.

Lorcan Sirr straight out of the traps calling the Housing Plan 'a plan for the housing business' rather than a plan for housing people.

They should not be allowed to refer to purchasing and leasing from the private market as creating or building social housing. It's a con. More of our money for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭rolling boh

This housing plan is mostly old hat rehashing previous bits of plans so chances are little or nothing done till the next big plan hopefully am wrong .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

After October 22nd it will be harder to make up reasons not to have a General Election, so much has happened in the last 18 months and people should be given the chance to give their opinion on it,

Pat Doyle CEO of the Peter mcVery trust on radio one now broadly welcoming the housing plan

He also said 55% of the homeless were single people looking for 1 bed's

An injection of realism from an expert

Apologies if it offends the permanently outraged

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Peter Burke* on RTE earlier speaking about FGs dismal social housing builds pre pandemic, he said (might not be his exact words, but you're welcome to listen back and pedant me) "we were building, but couldn't keep up with the increasing numbers of homelessness"

*FG minister of state.

Apologies if that offends the FG zealots who populate these threads claiming the homeless crises, that worsened year on year during FG tenure "doesn't exist".

The 'homeless industry' speak gospel now? His concern is the people looking for housing. I'm sure he's happy and fair play. For myself I appreciate value for money and buying and leasing for 25 years with no option to buy, is not value for my money.

The FG cronyism has completely overshadowed the housing plan and FFG know that housing will be their biggest vote loser in GE.Next.

Their housing policies are cronyism. Private profit put above the public good. We've the same people knocking around since the 90's yet suddenly they've this new, (not new) plan to fix what they've been merrily makes worse for over a decade?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

imagine Paul Murphy and PUP win next election...

M Martin is leader in name only he would put up with anything so he can tick the box off of getting the big job. FG have no respect for him and know he is too weak to put up any resistance to whatever Leo or Simon or their buddies do .

Beginning to strongly suspect martin wont make his full term as taoiseach

Seemingly grassroots.have reached open revolt and TDs are being dispatched to meet with em over next fortnight....several high profile ff members are now openly undermining his leadership to bolster their reputation,this whole house of cards is on brink of collaspe.....whether it takes down the government or not remains to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The number if seats that are shaky is unreal, there's a good chance that there won't be an FF seat left on the West Coast, MM has managed too do more harm than Cowan and the recession, that's some doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Let's leave aside the melodrama and overexcitement for a minute at look at some of the real life stuff.

The government is managing to steer a clear path between keeping the economy going, managing the pandemic and preventing a complete collapse of the State finances. Well done to them.

Id fancy mcconalogue to retain a seat,and potentially gain another.....if he delivers for small farmers in cap negociations

Theres a reason there was no big effort/interest to knife him politically for breaching covid restrictions

The partys polling numbers have collasped,in a mixed constituncy last by election,they failed to reach 5% first preferences......these figures will erode,if not collaspe transfers too and strong possibility large tracts of country will be with out FF representation for their 100th anniversairy

What about Mica? thats a big issue up in Donegal and at the moment the Government are not giving sh1ts about it.

I would be pretty sure a lot of FF are extremely worried about the poll numbers its going to be very hard for them to build up the numbers before the next election .They were not transfer friendly the last time and things seem to be worse now . They have been completely squeezed by FG and SF their brand has been badly damaged properly for the foreseeable future .

Miriam rattled Darragh O'Brien. He was squirming! He really did not know how to respond.

You could see he was told what to say but the specific questions were too pointed so he spoofed.

The weekend radio shows and papers should be good.

Darragh O'Brien running from two potential debates on his plan on Prime Time and Tonight Show. Not a good sign.

Also his attempts to talk down to the Tonight presenter wasn't brilliant optics either. She was well able for him.

I actually thought the minister was being overly aggressive with Claire Brock on the Tonight Show. She was well able him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Imagine I win the Euromillions on Friday and the Lotto on Saturday, I think I would have a better chance.

He's taking a bit of flak on Twitter over avoiding debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Am I imagining it or do they seem personally put out that Housing For All seems to have gone down like a damp squib?

Advertisement