Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Order update:

Car: ID3 Tour w Heat Pump

Ordered 2.5 months ago

Build Week Est: Week 36 (next week)

Dealer said it's likely it might miss that build week so I'm hoping end of October for delivery.

Will be interesting to see, mine was due mid July. No sign of it yet, ordered last week in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

I see electricus got Tour 5 yesterday, hope yours will be here soon..?

Anyone else's App down today (iOS)? Tried removing and reinstalling but no go. Car has 4G connection as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is WeConnect app working for anyone/everyone? Its offline for me since last night.

The app is working away but the data is stale and remote activation of charging doesnt work... comes back with an error.

Is it just me or everyone in the same boat?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dunno, my car is back with the dealer getting the paintwork fixed.

I'm driving a moonstone grey Family model, 58kWh and the 145 motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nutzfahrzeuge

And - how does it compare? Down on power to your own car, but down on weight also. Just curious.

Still plenty of poke, but even with less weight I can notice the lower power.

Someone coming from petrol or diesel I'd say would find it plenty fast. Coming from another EV though the difference might be noticed.

No Idea, I emailed the salesman this morning and he has no information but he has a meeting with VW tomorrow to try get some information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Well now, I ordered my car from stock and it took 2.5weeks to get from Dublin to Cork,and changed from white to silver along the way(okay the last white one in stock was taken before I got there) and then turned out to be a 150hp car rather than 200.The 2nd car I got only took a week and a half to get from West cork to Fermoy mind.

So even if the cars turn up off the boat you will still be at the mercy of NVD. to deliver them......................

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

That explains why I couldn’t send a destination from the map to my car this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

enjoying the pick up off the lights the most and coming from a people carrier the handling is solid especially over speed bumps.

A question, getting the power point installed next week, how long do they need to switch off the house power for?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Question for those with Travel Assist, is it just me or is it odd that if the car loses track of the lines/verge it just turns off the green lines and stops steering?

No warning, no dings or lights, just drops out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Surely the power will only be off for a few minutes. Just when they are hooking up to the fuse board. They will surely do all the outside work and run the wire first. I have no experience of getting one installed but I am an ex electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

My We Connect ID system on my ID.4 1st went to sleep last night, Sept 1st. It came back up again this morning, Sept 2nd. It appears to have been communication from/to the car was the problem. I logged in to the Volkswagen ID Portal via my laptop and checked the charge information there versus on my Android phone vw connect id app. The info on both was the same: they were showing that the car was at a 75% level of charge, whereas in fact it had charged to the level selected of 80%.

After a bit of playing around in the car this morning at around 07.30 the connection sorted itself out, and the phone app then showed the correct level of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Any of the original first movers with the free wecharge allowance being charged by ESB 22KW charging? They bulk charged me on last months invoice for all sessions since february (300EUR) but now again not charging for these sessions.. did 3 in august and none have appeared..

Conscious that if they bill outside of when the allowance expires then we'll likely be billed for the sessions that occurred inside of allowance window costing actually money!

They sent an email on that a few weeks ago to tip us off that they got that usage info late and were retrospectively applying it to our accounts.

I'd guess it will be trailing by a month. Your Aug ones will probably be on the next invoice. Although I did have one 22kW charge session from 8 Aug appear on my latest invoice. They probably have a cutoff date that your sessions missed?

But you are right, we will need to watch it coming up to our expiry dates for the free charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Congrats to those who have received their cars over the last week. So after a few false starts and delays the VIN has finally appeared online. Anyone know roughly how long it “normally” takes for delivery or at what point it may be at now it has appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

I paid the deposit for ID3 tech nearly a month ago. The dealer had said I should have the car in December or January.

I had contacted the dealer a few times to be told that the comm number is not yet generated.

I only want to confirm my order is with VW. Has anyone faced similar experience?

How soon did your dealer provide you with a comm number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

My statement includes 22kw charges up to my latest charge on August 28. I've managed to use almost €450 of my credit so far. I should be able to burn it all off by the mid-december deadline.

Quick question on wipers. My left wiper doesn't always make a full sweep. When it's on automatic intermittent, so typical spotty rain or drizzle, and the rain stops it tends to sit a few seconds an inch or two above it's final position before finally going down out of view into the resting position.

I'm not sure it always did this and I've just noticed recently or if it's something new. The car is going to the dealer next week for an airbag error and connectivity problems and I'm wondering if i need to bring a water pistol to simulate intermittent rain :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

any time I tried to do that it took hours for it to appear in the car.

it tends to sit a few seconds an inch or two above it's final position before finally going down out of view into the resting position.

Thats normal.

Same here.

A few times it didnt come through until I sat into the car the following day! 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

only your dealer can tell you that. Ask him what stage it’s at on the system. In normal times a VIN would suggest the car is complete and should be dispatched to the port in Emden quite soon afterwards. There’s a ship departing today, due into Dublin on Monday. Another one then ~2 weeks later.

it just depends on if your car is ready and not sitting around waiting on components.

Hmm, sounds like porkies to me. They should have the comm number as soon as they process the order as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah you get a comm number as soon as the order is accepted by the factory. This could be as soon as within minutes of putting the order in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Several days on more than one occasion for me. It's not much use currently I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Is anyone having an issue with the Lane Assist and ACC portion of the small screen flashing red?

The left third of this goes completely red for some reason on mine for a split second. Then back to normal.

Just when driving as normal with nothing in front of the car.

Not too frequent but would like to know if others have this too.

• Advertisement

Picking up again today after the paintwork was addressed.

Looks like a tidy job.

Advertisement