Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre built vs Buying a new pc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Personally I would balk at that price - will be pretty much the same for all pre-builts

Unless I'm missing something there is zero specs given for the parts bar the generic description - could be getting crap - check out Gamers Nexus on YT for the crap that is sent out as a pre-built (has a recent series on the big guys)

The only hindrance to building your own for far far less at the moment is the GPU prices - if you can hold off then do so but it's gonna be next year before GPU prices are likely to be anywhere near normal again

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 Umbungi

Sorry did you mean you would build?

Would you say that pre-built is much worse than what you would get buying your own right now excluding the gpu of course?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Might be wort making sure your new machine will be capable of running Windows 11 too if having the latest OS is something of interest to you. If I was spending 2K I'd want it to be able to run 11.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I wouldn't pay that price period but I also like sourcing my own parts and building myself

What's the PC for? I did review buying the parts individually and for a decent spec it works out around 1700 euro but at least you know what you're getting and you could add in other things to take it up to your budget like another drive for gaming etc - 512MB isn't much and bumping up the memory to 32GB

And don't rule AMD out of the build instead of Intel

I would hope anything been sold now by any SI is capable of W11

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is the forum for requesting new forums. And we already have a forum for PC Building, so ask there instead:

https://www.boards.ie/categories/pc-building-upgrading

Advertisement