Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vantastival 2020

Options
  • 30-01-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭

It's an excellent wee festival. The first few acts were announced earlier -

Hermitage Green
    Kormac
    Bitch Falcon
    Fehdah
    The Wood Burning Savages
    Thumper
    The Bonny Men
    The Clockworks
    Dea Matrona

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Postponed now because of the virus. To the same weekend as Fuinneamh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Not looking good for other early summer festivals now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

What a weekend it would have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Peterd66 wrote: »
    What a weekend it would have been!

I know. My Facebook feed is full of friend's and my memories from last year. Gutted.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Cancelled :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well this is happening next week, I have work there and hopefully an easy enough bus service to use to get me there. Bring it on.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I usually go to this but couldn't justify the cost for only five bands on one stage each day. Fingers crossed it'll be back to normal next year.

There's five stages at it, I reckon more than 5 performances a day I'd say.

There usually is but I was lead to believe that it was only the one in the woods this time...no?

I think that's it ^^^

• Advertisement

Well my highlights of Vantastival, it was a smaller version of what's usually available, normally the festival takes place in the June bank holiday around the same time as Forbidden Fruit and Life festival and has been known to have capacities of up to 10,000 attending. This year coming out of the pandemic the festival was held over two single nights with a capacity for 300 people, so there was only really one stage with a smaller stage at the top of the hill which opened from 9 pm till the early hours, the main stage closing at 1 am. Music highlights being The Bonny Men (incredible act who rightfully will take the Bothy Band throne of excellence), Farah Ellen, Thumper, Bitch Falcon and God is an astronaut and Elkin among others. Production staff were so laidback and lovely to work for and the security were pure dead on too. For many people this was like their first gigs for nearly two years and the ages ranged from late thirties to the late sixties and seventies. There was hen nights and anniversaries celebrated and I can't think of a better place to do it rather than a booked hotel or backroom of a pub. I had a great weekend anyway and will be a bit more in depth hopefully when I scribe about the event in my blog.

Great stuff. Quite a few of my friends were at it. I've heard nothing but good feedback from it.

Great review! 😎

Advertisement