Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You couldn't make this up. Leo's false sincerity truely exposed. Lamenting the unfortunate entertainment industry, sad electric Picnic couldn't proceed, he's a clown of the highest order. How is it at all possible he didn't think this wouldn't look bad. Just beggar's belief. Whilst not related to the Coveney debacle, it further highlights the appalling arrogance of senior FG Leadership and dare I say, complete disregard for public sentiment.

Roll on the next round of apologies 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yep when those allegations get thrown out you know they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel and is usually done to get the thread closed.

As far as I am concerned a person's race, colour, creed or sexuality does not come into when criticising or praising politicians.

I think one of the bad things about this whole sorry episode is that a lot people, myself included, would have viewed Coveney as above this and probably the best of the politicians in FG and the Dail as he has kept himself out of most of the stunts that his party has pulled. Such a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The photo was taken and published in UK were GDPR does not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

At this stage he seems to think he's untouchable. Nothing wrong or illegal with going to a concert in the UK, but with the current state of affairs, within his party alone, it's a bit gormless.

It shows he does not give 2 sh1ts. As you said nothing he has done is wrong or illegal but it's the optics and the fact he is doing it in a city rampant with Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jesus lads, I'm genuinely shocked at the sheer lack of self awareness, and arrogance shown by Leo here. On the very weekend Electric Picnic was supposed to take place, Leo headed off to the UK where music festivals are continuing.

There goes the support of how many thousands of young people votes?

Also also note the where the finger is jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Surely to God any self respecting FG supporter can't defend this latest shitshow and must want Varadkar to resign.

Hes a disgrace of the highest order. A vile narcacist who has no self awareness or respect for the irish citizens he governs.

Sadly they will say he is done nothing wrong and if Leo crashed a car into a tree they would say but but SF planted the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"Sinn Fein pick another bogey event for Leo to show up at."

• Advertisement

Just to add to Leo's Bizzare photo op at a musical festival in the UK.

This Clown Tweeted Earlier!!

'Everything OK, Vacinnes are working, Reopening can proceed on Monday" all the while either Travelling or already in the UK at the musical festival"

Secondly.......

Intriguingly (I'm not suggesting any Coincidence 👀👀🤔🤔🤔), shortly before the news broke re Leo's attendance at this festival, Gov.ie website updated on a Saturday evening 🤔 announcing the decision to start moving portions of those still on PUP onto Jobseekers terms was deffered until end of September. Putting this into context....

The process was due to commence next week (7th September)

(Entertainment Industry had been demanding continuing supports, pointing out most musicians as an example may not qualify for Jobseekers and could be forced to Re Train to qualify), They also Questioned forcing those who's sectors closed of still seriously impacted by restrictions being forced onto Jobseeker payments and terms, many are self employed also.

A preemptive damage limitation exercise or Coincidence 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Very, Very Curious 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What is it he needs to apologise for? Optics will have social media in a tailspin for a while but nothing illegal in that. Not his fault that Electric Picnic was cancelled, that would be a set of figures from NPHET and Laois CC. There are plenty of reasons to dislike or have issues with Varadkar as FG leader but having a private life is not one of them.

Lol

I suppose Leo should have interfered in the planning process to make picnic go ahead yeah?

He's as entitled as anyone else to enjoy himself on holidays

Btw what has this to do with Zappone?

I've not said he needs to apologise, infact I'm quite sick of his apologies, they've become quite tiresome and frankly Hollow at this stage.

Are you seriously believing the Optics of this are acceptable, where have you been for the past 17 months. It was Leo who flew kites offering absurd false hope EP could go ahead, then went predictably quite when it was clear, like many other absurd notions, it was another damp squib.

Besides this, Leo's abject lack of self awareness is Breathtaking. He once led from the front, offering patronising words of comfort & sincerity led by that God awful Cliché "Where all in this Together", he's an absolute clown of the highest order and clearly living in cuckoo land.

He is entitled to do what he wants. But the optics of this and it's relation to the Zappone affair is that it just bolsters the image that Leo did what he wanted right throughout the pandemic while preaching to others about personal responsibility, something loudly parroted here and imploring that we are all in this together. From cans in the park to the Merrion, to this.

Thats made up nonsense befitting of the twitter shinners

Picnic could have gone ahead were it not for the planning process

There's an army of saints who would never have qualified if subjected to this level of moralising. He has a private life, which someone has linked to an event that he had nothing to do with. It's just another avenue of somewhat blind outrage. What transpired with that contract or the topic of this thread are means to judge his performance and behaviour, him at a gig in another country are not. TBH if Leo at a gig is the reason someone will not vote for his party, they really need to look at what the purpose of an election is. Anyway point taken, you see it as an outrage, I see it as yet another Twitter meltdown(probably a mini-one though) and we move on.

I never mentioned the Picnic, I'll think you'll find.

And I think it is those involved in the entertainment business who are most annoyed and frustrated on Twitter.

This is just one more little bit of grist to the mill, that it was never 'we're all in this together'.

Optics.

I'm not disputing that he had every right to attend - nothing illegal in what he did, but the optics are undeniably wrong, the Tanaiste of the state should imo have a bit more gumption and cop on than to feck off to England to join revellers at a music festival on the same weekend as the largest one in Ireland should be taking place. There was nothing illegal in Merrion Gate either btw, but Leo still made a grovelling apology for that attendance too, and you can be as sure as night follows day, he'll issue an apology for this lack of self awareness too, it's a given.

Leo in another no win situation, because if he doesn't apologise the optics aren't good, and if he apologises the optics aren't good either. He really is a very stupid and dimwitted individual, you would think some of his extravagantly well paid advisers would have advised him how this would look to the public.

(Oh and btw, wasn't me introduced his attendance at the gig into this thread, I merely commented on a post made about it, the same way you made a post about my post commenting on it ffs, if you're going for a "gotcha" angle, try a less hypocritical one than this.) 🤐

• Advertisement

More nonsense

You replied to a thread within a thread about the picnic

Well they are back from tomorrow in some form, but EP has been used as a rallying call. They don't have a monopoly on frustration, we all have varying levels of it.

If I didn't know your postings here well enough,I'd think you were sympathising with him there...

And I never mentioned the Picnic.

He is entitled to do what he wants. But the optics of this and it's relation to the Zappone affair is that it just bolsters the image that Leo did what he wanted right throughout the pandemic while preaching to others about personal responsibility, something loudly parroted here and imploring that we are all in this together. From cans in the park to the Merrion, to this.

Don't confuse sympathy with laughing my sack off marine layer.

FG cheerleaders be like......

The upper echelons within FG must be seething with such a swivel eyed gombeen "front of house".

I've no idea if they are,but I doubt they're trying to win a vote like yours,to be honest

I'm not interested in winning your love either

C'est la vie

No one disputes he's entitled to a private life but he's equally entitled not to be such clown, its got to the stage we're I'm beginning think he does these silly things deliberately, although surely no one could be that stupid 🤔 I only reference EP given how those in in the entertainment sector and on the very day EP was to occur, Leo is off to a festival in the UK, albeit looking a little lonely.

As an aside, few FG cult members ever ask the question why Leo gets such negative attention, it's really quite simple, he has a canny ability to say (normally covertly via leaks and mixed massaging) and do silly things, it's just bizzare given his well publicised Department Spin Machine.

With all due respect, you know absolutely nothing about me in a personal or professional capacity, and if you did, you would know that my vote is exactly the kind FG canvassers would be trying to catch.

The second last sentence is just bizarre to be honest. I'm a happily married man in his early 40s Marine, I'm touched that you feel comfortable enough to state who's love you may or may not be trying to win, but this isn't tinder, no swiping to the left or right here champ. You're well and truly out of steam now boy. 😝

• Advertisement

Advertisement