Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah could be 2-2 or 3-1 to either, it's been a cracking fight. I hate TJ but he has a hell of a chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

TJ looked good after two years off. Really tight decision coming up.

Really enjoyed that one, in the top 10 of fights this year.

Kills me but right decision (imo)... He really worked for that last round.

I thought the opposite I thought Sandhagen took the last with some crisp striking.

Great fight can't argue with the decision it was razor close.

Card ended up being alot better than I thought it would be.

• Advertisement

Honestly, hard to argue either way. Feel like Cory would have gotten it if he have been more overly offensive (overt as opposed to his argubly smarter stick and move style). TJ's will to win is what cliched it for him; it wasn't any clear or slick technical advantage.

Yep it could have gone either way. Cory will be beating himself up about it I'd imagine.

Yan v TJ will be a fun fight after he smashes Aljo and takes his belt back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

It's kind of Cory's style, but he was backpedaling the whole fight. When the numbers are so close that comes in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Great card and great fights. Both guys deserved a win and it was razor close, but I think Sandhagen just let TJ dictate the fight way too much and it cost him the win.

That Maycee Barber decision win over Maverick was straight up horseshit and wrong. She was blatantly robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Agree with all of that, some strange judging on the night no complaints at how the main went, knew coming to the end of the 5th who was gonna get the nod, and in truth who deserved it more much as I dislike him. Another fighter showing that ring rust is just a mental battle

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

What is "wrong" with Hall? From the first jab of the first round he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but the Octagon. I've never seen a ranked fighter so utterly mentally defeated in there like that before.

Dan Hooker v Chandler no?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

It was a response to the post above mine, one of the worst moments of a guy freezing up and looking like he wanted to get out of there as soon as the bell went. Deer in headlights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Ah okay, I didn't think it was a response to that post as it was quite a while ago.

I'd need to rewatch that fight but I didn't believe Hooker froze up, at least not to the extent Uriah Hall did. I just think Chandler was better.

Interesting that Hooker actually poked fun at Max Rohskopf on Twitter when he quit on the stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lees career in free fall

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Great night so far for the Brits. 3 for 4 with Till up last.

Molly was involved in a great brawl and paddy despite some early trouble had a fantastic debut.

Really impressed with Tom Aspinall. Very quick for a heavyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brunson dominated that. Till is just way too gun shy, he can't wrestle and just isn't agressive enough. Lost 4 of his last 5 fights, time isn't on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Yeah Till never got going at all.

Wonder did he fully recover from injury.

Maybe he needs to move to the US and switch training camps, surround himself with better wrestlers. At 28, I think he has time on his side.

I thought Till looked a little soft round the middle going in, but yeah absolutely domination from Brunson. Till is just useless when it comes to ground game and that first round really set the tone for the fight. He could do nothing from the ground, and you just knew brunson was gonna look to take him down at every opportunity.

Paddy the baddy off to a good start, sure he's gonna get chinned once he moves up the levels with how he carries his hands and holds his chin up but it should be a fun ride.

• Advertisement

Dana is already in love with Paddy the Baddy.

I can see him building many uk cards around him over the next year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

chin so high he will be knocked out

sooner the better.

What's with the hate?

He has a fantastic personality and is great for the sport especially for the UK and Irish mma scene.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy and has charisma and skills unlike some of the sbg bland mcgrgeor clones that Kavanagh has churned out the past 5 years.

main memory of him is getting slapped around and winning a decision. julian erosa was robbed. most disgraceful decision ive ever seen

not hate, just not a fan of hyperbole over actual substance. he has the hyperbole, not sure he has the substance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Til, despite being dominated almost had that had he avoided that last take down. bit he knew brunson plan before this.

Brunson was almost done there but not sure where til goes from there...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I've never been a fan up til last night, he looks different, not soft like he used to has clearly put in the work.

His striking has improved so much also, I mean his striking has improved so much from years back, still a bit wild but getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Did Till do any interview afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Till look in horrible shape going into the fight, He did not look lile a top level fighter at all

He's also never been that good, lost 4 of his last 5 & personally i think he lost the Wonderboy fight,

He's just very avaergae fighter, Beating an undersized Cerrone somehow got him all the hype

His big mate Tom Aspinall is a good Heavy Weight prospect

he looked a lot better and probably was right to take his time before going to ufc.

he can talk a good game. just not sure he can back it up at the upper end.

fair play to him all the same

• Advertisement

Good debut from Paddy. Great scrap and finish but he did get caught bad a few times at the start. Enjoyed the card in general but for me the one to seriously watch is Tom Aspinall.

Feel bad for Till. Brutal performance. Was looking better in R3 but rushed it and got himself caught. That one elbow as well from Derek messed up his eye in a very frighteningly instant manner.

Advertisement