Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Nedved85 wrote: »

Yes according to Camel Camel and been waiting for these to drop in price. Cannot ship to Ireland but I ordered from Warehouse and got email confirm just the Dispatch date will be as soon as they become available and on Prime trial

Due to arrive Sunday will be worth it if it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

there seems to be issues on the amazon site with delivery so once that's rectified they should be available to order ....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

ablelocks wrote: »
    there seems to be issues on the amazon site with delivery so once that's rectified they should be available to order ....

If you choose the "Buy Now" option you can buy it straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Clareman wrote: »
    If you choose the "Buy Now" option you can buy it straight away

nope - once i got to the cart it changed, but there seems to be glitch all day (see the amazon chat thread in BA)

lily hue is back up to £241 now and while there were 8 available earlier in the warehouse, they've either been sold or withdrawn.

irish gunner got himself a deal!

ablelocks wrote: »
    nope - once i got to the cart it changed, but there seems to be glitch all day (see the amazon chat thread in BA)

lily hue is back up to £241 now and while there were 8 available earlier in the warehouse, they've either been sold or withdrawn.

irish gunner got himself a deal!

Sure did now lets hope they arrive

• Advertisement

Okay got my lily but need another Outdoor low-voltage T-connector and amazon don't deliver these to Ireland

All i can see in Ireland is below

https://www.lights.ie/philips-hue-outdoor-low-voltage-t-connector-191143-ie-en.html

Any others that will work and available for delivery to Ireland

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Sherfin wrote: »

Yeah looked at that but twice the price with delivery etc. However if I order extension cable I get the t plug for little bit extra.

Also need one more lily but individual lily also don't ship to Ireland but does on amazon Germany bit more expensive

Might hold out for prime day see if something pops up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Massive new app update released on iOS. Totally new interface loads of new scenes & automations

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

OU812 wrote: »
    Massive new app update released on iOS. Totally new interface loads of new scenes & automations

Doesn’t seem to have come through for me yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

OU812 wrote: »

I hated the last time they switched from the old to th enew app a few years ago, but eventually warmed to it!!

I'll try in now on my secondary phone for a bit before putting it on the primary phone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭irelandrover

the new app does look good. one of the biggest annoyances i had was how awkward it was to turn off individual bulbs in a room. that is now much easier.

you can end a routine at a certain time even if you start it at sunset.

And it looks a lot nicer now in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

And now you can finally specify an off time for routines that have a sunrise/sunset start time. That annoyed me so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

they seem to have removed their own widget and now you have to create a shortcut. I probably used the widget more then the app:(

Also did anyone else have to reconnect to hue bridge after the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I'm on Android and opened up my Hue app for the first time in forever (it just works, rarely need to go in and tinker), and I got the new UI - took a minute to sync my settings (I guess a pretty major upgrade behind the scenes), and first impressions are good. While it will take some getting used to (as some things have moved around a lot), I do like the new 'zones' concept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can't remember the last time I was in the Hue app, well I lie just there now to see what this new update was about. Before that I think the last time was setting up the bulbs. It's really a setup and forget type of app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Big thing for me is much easier to move between bridges now..

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I took a hue light switch off a wall while i was painting the room.

I've tried using some double sided tape i got in woodie's but its not sticking properly. Surface is clean etc, its just not as strong as bonding to the wall as the original 3m stuff that came with the light switch.

What have you used to stick a light switch back up to a wall, and where did you get the stuff to do it?

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Use Super Glue

Worst it's going to do is take a bit of paint off if/when you ever remove the holder.....

Super Glue and it won't go anywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I took a hue light switch off a wall while i was painting the room.

I've tried using some double sided tape i got in woodie's but its not sticking properly. Surface is clean etc, its just not as strong as bonding to the wall as the original 3m stuff that came with the light switch.

What have you used to stick a light switch back up to a wall, and where did you get the stuff to do it?

TIA

Are you sticking it beside the electrical light switch?
    Their is covers that go over the switch and use the existing screw points so much be worth looking at that option.

If not appliable, try the 3M command zip lock type strips. They might be slightly raised from the wall but very secure and can be removed.
    https://www.woodies.ie/command-medium-picture-hanging-strips-1121218

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I've my sensors and switches all up with Blu Tac with a few years, no issues and can remove for painting or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

why not screw the wall plates in?
    e.g. of the wall plate of hue dimmer v2.
    i'm adding hue dimmer switches next to wall switches in my rooms (own house) and i want to install them next to the wall switches. i assumed screwing them would be better but having 2nd thoughts.
    does everyone avoid using screws? or do other sensors etc. not have option to use screws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

Wondering if anyone has experience using hue light strips for whole room illumination? a lot of hue products provide low illumination vs a strong bulb so and i've never used the light strip.
    I am wondering if I make a ring of hue light strip around the edges of the ceiling of a 2.5m x 2.5m bedroom, will that provide sufficient lighting to the room? any experiences with light strip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

brio09 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone has experience using hue light strips for whole room illumination? a lot of hue products provide low illumination vs a strong bulb so and i've never used the light strip.
    I am wondering if I make a ring of hue light strip around the edges of the ceiling of a 2.5m x 2.5m bedroom, will that provide sufficient lighting to the room? any experiences with light strip?

I have them on top of cupboard and under in kitchen, these illuminate the kitchen fully.

I've seen set ups where they are fitted above a lip like a piece of coving or say would a baton all around where you place it along the top angled up to the ceiling so light bounces back down. Looks well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Is there anywhere in Ireland (preferably Dublin) I can pick up E14 white ambience twin packs. Need a few of them. Not in stock in Arnotts/curry’s/harvey Norman/Dominic smith.

Builder putting in light fitting next week and it’ll be awkward for me to change them after that. Of course I thought I’d just breeze into a shop this weekend and pick them up of the shelf.

Anyone got the Hue Floodlight?

It's pricy enough, I was thinking of replacing the current crappy non LED one I have with this so it's controllable as I'm going to be putting in hue coloured downlight in the soffit. (on that - anyone done that? Do I need a special waterproof landholder to put the colour GU10s in?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Looking for Hue compatible B22 bulbs - need to be bright as possible, any recommendations?

We have the Hue colour and white ambiance bulbs but looking for something brighter (white) for the kitchen.

They’ve new brighter ones being released this month

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Struggling a lot with my Hue Go not coming on per the routine. Dunno why when it was previously running smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is there any recommendations of a GU10 white + colour that's compatible with Hue? I have a lot of bulbs to replace and the best part of €100 for 2 bulbs is a lot.

Is there any downside/disadvantages when using non-Philips bulbs or any functionality that wouldn't work?

Advertisement