Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solheim Cup 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

What an approach that was from Maguire on 10. This is a sensational performance, doesn't get much better than this.

Be surprised if Maguire not out this afternoon as well for 4balls the form she's in. Get this done quickly and she'll get a decent break.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Won't be beyond her to hole this putt now

Or not, blew it a bit past.

Reid gets the par to go dorme 6

Reid been good on the greens, Maguire done most of the heavy lifting tee to green. Good team.

• Advertisement

And they get the job done 5&4, no fuss. Awestruck by that performance, must be ice running through her veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 themink

Outstanding again by Leona. Zero nerves on show. Hard to believe her composure levels given how I often feel over a birdie putt in a nothing practice round 🙈! Both Reid and Hall very complimentary of her in the post round interviews too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Charley Hull probably needs to sit out the afternoon session. Not been very good

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Scrabbel

Brilliant by Leona. Complete star coming out of this. But no surprise given what she’s done this season in particular. Apart from Jessica K being $8k ahead of her, Nelly K is the only American ahead of her in this season’s LPGA rankings.

With Reid again for 4ball v Kupcho and Salas. Reid was a bit erratic tee to green this morning for my liking but why break up a winning team I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I've been watching this at night ahead of the FedEx final, it's much more entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

I watched a recording of what happened and I’ve gone from not giving a hoot what happens to really, really wanting the US team to lose. Such bad sportsmanship deserves to be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It wasnt the US team who pulled the Europeans on it though. It was US referees. Nothing to do with the players or team management or anything. A referee made the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

I think the referee was exceeding her authority in making the call without the matter being referred to her by the players. If they had any integrity, they would have pointed this out to her.

That putt Leona, more than ice in the veins

The official who made the call on the video monitor was from the LET.

Maguire has picked up from where she left off in the morning. Salas is playing well though, could be a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow Leona, what a shot!

Wins the hole with it. Great watching

Great to be AS at the turn given some of the putts Salas has been knocking in. Reid not giving much help really. Shot of the tournament so far on 9 I'd say.

Another unreal putt but by Kupcho this time. Games are so tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leona seems to be tiring. Poor putt there.

Lets hope it’s only a small lapse,

I take it back. Well done Mel Reid! Back to one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Brilliant putt from Maguire

I'd say there has to be some mental fatigue there, be amazed if there wasn't, just purely on adrenalin and instinct now. A half would be great result from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Top drawer golf over the last 2 days.

The commentary and continuity of the coverage from Sky has been awful.

I know the feed is coming from a US channel but the interviews by Henni and the anchor commentary earlier by Alison Whittaker has been cringeworthy. Basic score keeping even...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Maguire on fire :-)

Could win this match yet, what a result that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yeah the commentators are all over the place... a few times now they've declared holes won when it's obvious the opponent still has a putt to halve. It's not too hard to keep track. And that interview by Henni with the two American rookies was sooooo bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Scrabbel

Really nail-biting this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭Xander10

Again, I think the only person who thought that the ball was hanging over the hole with a chance of dropping was the U

Advertisement