Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethereum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

I was thinking ten also, but I'll take 40 if its going 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well I for one won't be complaining if it does go to 40, I just need DOT to keep climbing as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i've no real expectations on it right now, as still figuring it all out, but nice to dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The market cap calculations get a bit ridiculous at 40K but Id say 10k will get there now on pure meme power, people who want it that high will pump it there.

Id have to sell before 10k though the money would just be too lifechanging at that point to risk it for the sake of greed. Im still DCAing though, ETH just looks like its the winner of the crypto wars, nothing really comes close still, the whole defi industry is built on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

6 is reasonable but it could also hit 18 by December.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

You haven't heard of dot and kuasama. Next innovation in crypto will come from this ecosystem because teams can take advantage of the the below and focus more on the product.

• A Shared security that enables quick deployment.
    • Robust developer tools that make building faster and easier
    • On-chain governance that makes upgrading the chain easier.
    • Crowdloan functionality that enables quick funding.

Post edited by Michael_Res1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Getting a bit carried away there folks. $40k by end of year (four months away) is completely ridiculous. I'd say $6k and then a prolonged bear market. 😎

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone who bought early July (me!) has now more than doubled their money.

As for predictions, I'd say 6k to 10k is about right. Could go mad if a lot of ETF's get approved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Finally started selling my ETH i bought in early 2017, was always a long term hold for me but can't resist another drop in it. almost 4k a pop I'm very happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I bought some Ethereum in June, sadly only a few hundred euro of it. But it is now worth a few more hundred euro, which is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Now you need to sell it before it goes below where you bought it.

Dropped 5% already today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭bladespin

Temporary, like everything to do with Crypto it seems lol.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yeah, seems like everything is way down today. Kind of scary seeing it go so quick, but I suppose it can't only fly up 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

Anyone that's been in the crypto market for years will look at that and see it as a regular Tuesday.

Best advice I can give to people is to know what you're willing to collect on (be reasonable, $40k by EOY would be lovely but let's be realistic) and stop checking it several times a day.

That was some bounce there. A lot of people pointing out the very attractive cup and handle this has made pointing to new ATH next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gvgdhar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Within a few $ of an ATH

ATH tonight!

It's all about the merge in Q1 next year now, things could get crazy.

Yeah, hoping for a nice jump today. Already up 5% so far.

It was the first deflationary ETH day ever yesterday as well. More ETH burned than produced. That's a big deal on its own and that's ramping up now too. Only cloud on the horizon is all the MtGox BTC being released on the 20 Nov, that's only about 1% of the circulating supply though so hopefully just a blip.

Another ATH for Eth today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

In some ways it's simple, in other ways complex. People who make emotional decisions and try to "buy and sell" usually get shafted.

The key is to buy some crypto with money you can afford to lose and set a simple target. Once it hits that target you sell a percentage, e.g. 10% or 20% and set a new target. Rinse, repeat. If it goes down, or plunges, you don't sell because you don't care - it's money you can afford to lose. That fact will get you through 3 or 4 year bear markets while other people panic and sell, then watch it go up 30x in the next bull. Patience is king in this market.

• Advertisement

Smashing more ATHs today, never gives an inch either just plods along higher and higher.

Advertisement