Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

So great to see him back after 7 and a half years. It was a decent smart worked match that covered up ring rust and Darby came out the star he is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Perfectly paced, and did everything it needed to do.

Both the match and the post-match.

If Punk's influence on AEW is to teach them how to utilize the principles of "less-is-more", this promotion will go from strength to strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah couldn't have asked for more in a first match back. Darby is unreal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nice quick match thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mox vs Suzuki on Dynamite, lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

First time watching a full AEW show never mind an actual PPV! Been meaning to go to bed for the last 2 hours but couldn't stop watching, especially if DB debuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

JR seems a lot sharper tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bay Bay!

Yes Yes Yes!

That’s how to send everyone home happy.

Best PPV in years.

• Advertisement

**** me what a finish!!! AC and DB.. Shots fired

That was absolutely class, AEW killed it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Best PPV in my lifetime I think, delivered on so many levels. Unreal show!

Holie sh.it what an epic ending to that amazing show yes yes bay bay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Amazing show

Good god was that worth the money and the lack of sleep to come. Best show I've watched in years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was having trouble with my internet throughout the night but seemed to be fine literally up until about 15 secs before Danielson came out, so had to refresh and by that time I missed the pop. But AEW are killing it with the PPV's and recent signings Black/Punk/Cole/Danielson/Ruby etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The best ppv probably since One Night Stand 2005. For significance maybe it's even better. Top to bottom, incredible. Mainstream pro wrestling in America was boring for 21 years, now it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Wow.. Unbelievable show! Everything delivered! Just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very good PPV.

Miro/Kingston was alright but Miro does nothing for me.

Moxley/Kojima was good. The aftermath was the real spectacle.

Britt/Statlander was okay, mainly due to a few Britt spots.

The cage match was basically a video game but it was very fun.

The battle royal was absolute muck. Something from the 2005-2008 era of Divas battle royals. But I like Ruby and the division badly needs more solid wrestlers like her.

Jericho/MJF was decent. MJF's entrance was brilliant. The less said about Jericho's the better.

Punk/Darby started out extremely slow but it picked up a lot and finished brilliantly. Was always gonna be a bit slow to let Punk get his bearings again.

Big Show/Marshall. Shìte. Big Show can barely walk, he is basically bow-legged. It's sad.

Omega/Christian was good but that was all about the aftermath. You could tell even the crowd were just waiting for that.

They can get some Big feuds going now with any combination of Omega/Punk/Bryan/Moxley/Cody/Page/Black.

• Advertisement

Things you love to see of a Monday morning, the American Dragon is All Elite. What a night of pro-wrestling, sports entertainment is in the bin.

Also, is All Out 2021 the best PPV of all time? I'm not sure I'd go quite that far - Great American Bash 1989, Wrestle Kingdom 11, ONS 2005, Heatwave 98, AJW DreamSlam 1 and Dominion 2017 are all up there for me, but it's undoubtedly in the conversation. Easily the best PPV of recent years, I'd say probably AEW's best ever. TK has to be a shoo-in to retain booker of the year too!

Best one I've seen since MITB 2011 I would say. But I don't watch the Japanese shows. One very minor quibble about last night, what was the point of Dan Lambert and co being there? They were unnecessary.

That was a very special night of wrestling one of the best in the last 25 years sad to see that some of online haters were still looking to find faults instead of actually just enjoying it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Miro/Kingston was disappointing IMO, I expected more from Kingston. Miro is great though glad he retained.

Moxley/Kojima was fine, Moxley does nothing for me even in his WWE days, his style of wrestling is just dull, the storytelling in the match is fine. I've no problem in admitting I'm not up on my Japanese wrestling promotions so the post match stuff meant nothing to me.

Britt/Statlander was decent. It took AEW long enough to get their womens division going/putting effort into it and it's beginning to pay off.

The Tag cage match was everything I'd hope it'd be and more, it was worth the entire PPV purchase in itself. AEW just know how to do tag matches. I'm a sucker for a good tag match and this was easily MOTY for me so far.

The battle royal wasn't my thing at all. Story wise it did it's job and excited to see Ruby Soho's debut.

Jericho/MJF was good, I'm just a mark for MJF, everything from his entrance and facial expressions I find hilarious. The match was really well done. MJFs middle rope moonsault attempt into Jerichos pop up powerbomb was so well done and made the tap out make sense. I love this about AEW's booking.

Punk/Darby was exactly what it needed to be. Punk didn't look in great ring shape but that will improve in time. Darby is over and a star, where Punk goes from here will be interesting.

Paul No More BS/Marshall. The artist formerly known as Big Show has no business being in the ring unless they want that Shaq matchup. Poor match, don't see anyway back for Marshall, Cody and BS both buried him now, hard to view him as any sort of threat.

Omega/Christian was always going to be a good match, I am a BIG Christian fan but even I think he didn't belong in the Main Event of this PPV, thought the outcome was very obvious but it's a minor gripe as the real main event was the post match events....

Boy oh boy.... this was so well done.... Firstly having Adam Cole emerge when only 2 days ago the dirtsheets were implying he was going to re-sign with WWE was a great move. I did see him siding with the Elite coming given his history with them. Then having Bryan follow out with only 3 minutes to go was great.

The sky is the limit now for AEW, Punk, Bryan,Cole,Black and Soho can all go. WWE's response to this threat will be to out indy the indies by using big men which doesn't interest me in the slightest. Hats off to Khan and AEW I was so doubtful at the start but they have some serious momentum now and it's well deserved. AEW feels like wCw in 97/98 and WWE feels like WWF in 95. This is where the world of professional wrestling is at now.

Outside of the network this is the first PPV I've bought since 2004. Fite is great for the weekly shows and being able to stream from your phone to your TV is a nice little touch even with an iPhone. glad I got the PPV, the tag match blew my mind and the ending left me excited for what to come. Most of WWE PPVs leave you feeling flat and eye rolling.

Some people do go stupid OTT calling it the greatest PPV of all time which it wasn't giving any AEW haters a field day. Probably the best and most memorable PPV in recent years and certainly a momentous show for AEW going forward. It was refreshing as WWE have given up on producing great PPVs really since WM 31

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not the greatest PPV of all time by a long shot, but could be a shout for the great ending to a PPV? The crowd, the twists, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll post more latter.

But I loved it. And that ending was spectacular. The crowd were amazing.

I'm so happy I can have pro-wrestling I love again, lol

Last night was the night I fell in love with wrestling again!

• Advertisement

The best compliment I can give that PPV is that I feel I paid to little for it compared to the 50 bucks they paid in the US.

Not often a PPV in any sport lives up to the hype however this did and it did ten fold.

Advertisement