Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I can get it on my google nest minis but not on my google hub, very frustrating. If I tell the nest mini to stream it on the hub it works

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have the same problem, only started happening in the last couple of days. Will stream Newstalk no problem.
    It went for some of us yesterday during the day but was back later on. It was still available on TuneIn, just not when GH tried to access it. Am out today so can't check.

They just got rid of Paul McLoone and Claire Beck and cut back Ed Smith's hours so my own desire to tune in via GH has been greatly reduced, in any case :-(

They're axing the Paul McLoone show? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have the same problem, only started happening in the last couple of days. Will stream Newstalk no problem.

They're axing the Paul McLoone show? :(

Yup. Paul's last show was last night. I was wrong about Claire Beck, she's staying, but Ed Smith's been cut to 10 to midnight, Sunday to Thursday, too, so no more Ed's Songs of Praise. :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was listening for a little while last night but had no idea it was the last show. Gutted! I wonder will Ed be playing more similar stuff to Paul now after moving slots I wonder? Would be a shame if not, I don't think there's any similar shows left else where that I know of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

BBC news stopped working for me the last few weeks.

Yep, used to be first, but now it's RTE and then CNBC.

Something with Hue lights, dunno if this is more them or Google - sometimes it misinterprets.

Hey Google. Turn off TBO's light/Turn TBO's light off.
    OK turning off 7 lights.*

Also used to have the soft bing, but that's gone too.

• Advertisement

"Hey Google put on today fm" is back working for me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

"Hey Google put on today fm" is back working for me this morning.

Seems to be back for me too : “Hey Google, play TodayFM”.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Also used to have the soft bing, but that's gone too.

I think they might be considering giving us a confirmation option, lots of complaints and request for them to turn off the confirmation.

I'm not crazy about them myself, however sometimes i find that it turns off all the lighting in the house rather than the ones in the room I'm in, so maybe its not ready, dropping the bing is welcome

Stoner wrote: »
    I think they might be considering giving us a confirmation option, lots of complaints and request for them to turn off the confirmation.

I'm not crazy about them myself, however sometimes i find that it turns off all the lighting in the house rather than the ones in the room I'm in, so maybe its not ready, dropping the bing is welcome

Hopefully it's a user-selectable option! I much prefer a quiet "bing" at 01:30 toble to "OK, turning off all the lights! There was a problem turning off the kitchen light! Check that the device is switched on and connected!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Is it possible to buy a physical 'smart' button that will trigger a command on a Google device. Eg im in bed, tap the button and the radio plays what I want instead of the phrase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How do you check timers on the home app?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

"Dougal, display timer." Bizarre that it doesn't default to leaving the timer on the screen all the time, it's frustrating when you're cooking to have to keep asking it to show you how long is left.

"Dougal, display timer." Bizarre that it doesn't default to leaving the timer on the screen all the time, it's frustrating when you're cooking to have to keep asking it to show you how long is left.

Home app?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Home app?

Oh, sorry. Dunno if you can use Home as a display.

They moved it a while back. I think it’s in Audio settings now for some reason.

They moved it a while back. I think it’s in Audio settings now for some reason.

Bingo!

Google never like making anything easy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

jogdish wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy a physical 'smart' button that will trigger a command on a Google device. Eg im in bed, tap the button and the radio plays what I want instead of the phrase.
    You could try, Assistant settings in the home app - shortcuts, scroll down to the bottom to 'view all routines' - tap new to create a new routine. Once you've created a routine for your command you should you should see an icon near the top right hand side of the screen which adds an icon for your routine/command to your phone's homescreen. Works a treat for turning off the bedroom lights without having to shout at at the smart speaker every time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That rare thing when you ask it about the weather and there are no scattered showers.

Woke up to my nest hub screen making a noise like a jackhammer, responds in distorted audio to questions but basically unusable. Do see anything in the app, but I rarely know how to navigate that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭b.gud

My Home Hub won't create timers for the past 3/4 days. Anyone else seen this? I've unplugged it for a few minutes then plugged it back in and still nothing. My Nest mini and Home mini can still create timers

• Advertisement

My Google nest hub, just has a constant ticking sound now that renders it basically unusable - like a constant jack hammer sound, no matter what. I complained and got back the following after 1 month :

Since our warranty is good for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, it expired on November 22, 2020 last year. I tried to pull some strings and check with the higher tier of support and our supervisor if we can provide a one time courtesy but to no avail.

It is hard for me to deliver this message. But we can look on the brighter side that maybe this is a sign for an upgrade, we have a lot to offer on our Google Store and maybe you can stumble on a promo that you can take advantage of. I hope you understand.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

My Google home is not connecting to WiFi at the moment. I've plugged it out of wall,entered WiFi code manually and deleted app and re installed to no avail. Any one have any idea of how to get back in business. Really miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Why can't 'ok Google, off' and 'OK Google, stop' both work? Wrecks my head; both work with Alexa.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

Only recently learned that for a timer I can just say stop, not ok Google stop which usually pauses my TV 🤣

You can just say stop no need for OK whatever.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So will 'Google, stop' or 'Google, off' work or just 'Google, stop'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

Is anybody having issues with Classic hits 4 FM not playing?

It keeps on giving me a station from the US.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement