Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes they fit very flush, shouldn't collect dirt. The sticky strip runs completely around. They look much brighter in real life, a nice shine. Thought the letters were peeling already, but it was just protective strips on them. They seem reasonably durable for the price..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Excellent. Just ordered a set. At that price even if they don't last its no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Your car is way too clean. Do you drive it at all! 😂

Only hoovered and cleaned that area for the pics😋. Rest of car is fairly manky. Likewise had a shave this morning to take my passport pic.☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Anyone any feedback on actual range on the ID3, coming from a 30kW leaf.

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

360km driving it with absolutely no consideration to economy 58kw 200hp

16.8kwh/100 long term average over 5000km

It ain't no ioniq.......

Longest run I have done without charging is 340km, earlier in year, was cooler and wet. Still showed over 80km remaining. No motorways and just stayed with the heavy traffic flow. Most of my driving is rural, with 80 or 100km/h speedlimits. Trips usually show between 12 and 15kWh/100km. I reckon about 10% less efficient than our Ioniq at this time of the year, but more in the cold few months with the battery heating, having no heat pump and poorer aerodynamics. I am not slow, but try and drive fairly smoothly.

I generally allow about 3km/% in the colder months and 4km/% in the warmer months and I am generally not too far out. (58kWh battery)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Car is meant to be build week 36 (AKA this week) but there’s still no VIN showing on the website.

Is that expected?

Yeah mine didn't show the VIN until a few weeks after. Don't be surprised if yours takes even longer as it could be deep in the semiconductor backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If I can ask, what would the result for similar distance be on the ioniq, from your experience? I hope I don't derail this thread with the question. I'm seriously drawn to the Id.3 and would just like to be aware of possible pitfalls or shortcomings.

Also, as a second question, anyone with experience of the ID.3 Tour 5: How long did you have to wait? Do you miss any of the technical extras you could have gotten in the 58Kwh models (I know it can be difficult to answer that last bit as you probably never had the other model, but from your overall experience is it worth it for range, etc)

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Hi all,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these and am wondering about the seats (support and comfort). Will appreciate any feedback on how your finding them, e.g. for long journeys. In a test drive I thought they were a little squidgy compared to my current Golf seats. Any thoughts on that and anything else I should know before buying?

Thanks.

I'm coming from the rock solid seats in the i3 so maybe I'm easy pleased.

I find the ID3 seats fantastic. I've driven Donegal to Belfast a few times and you arrive feeling fresh rather than stiff as a board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

find the seats very comfortable as well and regularly do a 330km trip from Athlone to the North Coast. Bear in mind that DrPhilG and I have the Tour model which comes with the Ergoactive seats so I can't compare to the standard seats.

True, but I also did the Belfast run in a 58kWh (not sure which spec but it didn't have the ergo seats) and I found them just as comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

I've a Tour model like the 2 above and my Dad has the base Life? model, there is a huge difference in the seats so just be warned that not all trims are the same. My back is in rag order so I’m very fortunate I’ve got the extra comfy and massage seats !

Thanks all for the feedback re the seats.

Has anyone driven the 150 hp versus the 204 hp? A couple of K in price difference I think. Wondering if I'd notice it, coming from a 140 hp Golf.

Yes,the difference is very marked,there's no comparison in the midrange grunt particularly.

Mind you even the150.hp car will feel rapid coming from a 140hp ICE car.

My 260/380 km range compares to 180/200 in ioniq28 exact same journeys/speeds etc.

Or if you prefer typical consumption of 17ish vs 14 kWh/100km

Personally I don't think any of the "flash" models justify their price premium especially as a heat pump is optional in all . Mines a boggy spec life and has everything you could conceivably want.

I would say however get the 200hp car I got lucky bought one from stock for same money as 150 car.

I don't see the need for the 77kw battery TBH

What I do find very miserly in the base model is,NO REAR SPEAKERS,No rear armrest.less so no alloys,even less so no keyless entry,no reversing camera,no ski hatch (obvs as no armrest).no rear window tint.

I would however like the matrix headlights.

Dual zone climate ?,never used it in previous car equipped ...........

I actually like the basic seat material more than the velours

All of the above is just my on personal opinion is like to point out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I bought the 145hp and I’m delighted with it. Takes off like a rocket at roundabouts and junctions. Not sure I could handle the 204hp 😂😂😂

Agree with a lot of that! If you are used to an Ioniq 28kWh, as we are, my best estimate is multiply your Ioniq range by 2 then subtract 10% in warmer months and subtract 20% in the coldest few months (Probably Dec, Jan and Feb). And some of that difference in the coldest few months can be lessened by pre heating when on your mains power and not keeping the cabin too hot. It's well worth the slight less efficiency when you compare the power of the two cars.

Re the seats, I also have the cloth basic ones which I find very comfortable and supportive on long trips.

Yeah noticeable difference. If you're coming from ICE you'll still find it fast. But for me coming from other EVs, and currently driving the 204hp, I found it slightly sluggish.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yours has a heavier battery and plenty of extra equipment. My 1st base doesn’t feel sluggish unless you try to floor it from above 100kmh.

Mine is the 204hp and doesn't feel sluggish at all despite the heavier battery.

The loaner I had last week was a 58kWh Family spec with the 145hp and it was clearly slower compared to both the 204hp 58kWh that I test drove, and the 204hp 77kWh that I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I have a Tour 5 for over 2 weeks now. It took 3 months to arrive from when I ordered in May (just realised it was the day before I joined here). That included manufacturing delays – it was originally due for delivering in first week of July.

I’m loving it so far, it has Travel assist and various safety features not included in the Family model which I was also considering. It cost a bit more than the Family but I wanted the 77KWh battery to avoid winter range anxiety. The 58 would have been more than enough for the majority of my driving.

I was worried that the extra weight of the 77 would have a negative affect on handling and comfort but if anything its better over bumpy roads compared to the ID.3 58 I tried. Performance is also really good for such a heavy car, it can really take off when you need to, though I recommend B mode around town for keeping it under control and a more relaxing drive in traffic. Travel assist is great in traffic, but still getting used to its tendancy to get get speeds signs wrong on occasion! Hopefully that will improve after the next software update.

I’ve driven close to 400Km mixed between city and motorway in mostly good weather. I drive in D mode on motorways. Power consumption was recorded as 14.5KWh/ 100 KM, giving a range of over 500KM.

Regarding missing features, the Tour5 is very well equipped but missing some of the Tour 4 seat features like the HUD and memory seats, and rear speakers. Before buying, I test drove a Family 58 for a day which had the glass roof, dual zone aircon, and split-level boot (all missing in Tour5).

I liked the glass roof a lot, but it heated up the car a lot on a warm day, and I imagine would do the opposite in winter. I don’t miss the dual aircon except for its voice control which isn’t available with single zone for some reason. Then again, I still can’t get voice commands to work reliably – hopefully it will improve but right nows it’s a long way off Alexa, Siri, or Google. No problems using voice commands in car play or android auto.

Split-level boot would be handy for hiding cables, etc, but happy with boot space which is more than it looks (because of the shape)

Overall, I’m very happy, with my choice. I’ll be going on a long trip next weekend and will report back after that and my first experience with public charging.

Post edited by electricus on

The Tour 4 doesn't have memory seat settings.

Seemingly the MY22 in the UK does, bit of a stinker that we didn't get it. Maybe it's possible and will be unlocked with a future update. Hey I can dream...

Memory doesn't seem to be something that VW are big on.

The car doesn't remember:

* window dial setting, which would enable it to dip every time on reverse

* auto headlight dip. Even though it remembers auto lights, auto dip has to be selected every time

* display options on the screen behind the wheel. No matter which configuration you go with, it will default back to the 3 section mode

* driving mode. The screen in the menu will remember what you had chosen but the car always drops back to comfort, even if the screen says eco or sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Some like a pice of junk... just kidding😀

just wonder what this means

window dial setting, which would enable it to dip every time on reverse

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Most cars have a physical button to flick left or right before adjusting the wing mirrors. So whichever side you leave it on, it stays on.

In the ID3 there is a round dial there. When you turn the car on nothing is selected but then then turn that dial to select L, R, mirror defrost I think, and something else.

To make the passengers wing mirror dip when reversing, it has to be set to L but because that L/R position defaults to nothing selected every time you start up, you have to turn it to L manually every time you want to dip the mirror.

In the i3 for example you could just leave the physical switch on L and it would then always dip on reverse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why would you dip your mirrors when reversing? This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of someone doing it.

Advertisement