Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

TA woke up in a good mood and half hour into work someone just pissed me right off and now I'm grouchy 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Making a fry, sausies going nice n golden, swish them over to cut pudding 6 slices, wash my hands by time I return to frying pan, sausies still nice n golden, the spatula/fish slice has melted in the centre of the pan. Ffs two minutes at most it was in that spot and pan obviously not that hot or sausies would be burnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Nothing at all like the Vikings Rollo I'm afraid. He's a chubby middle aged guy of average height. His much fatter twin "Smoky Fatroll" sometimes makes an appearance on my evening bus. He gets off at the same stop as me and he also rolls along on a Segway Wheel while smoking. I'll keep you updated on all three 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Lazy feckers dumping their rubbish at a recycling centre, knowing that somebody else will clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People who can't spell queue. It's not cue, it's not que, it's not q.

Or any American spelling creeping into English language...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who drag their heels.... procrastinate about making decisions only for them to change their minds...seeing sense when it’s too fûcking late...

Before covid I was keen to get a treadmill for home, but...

”it will take up too much room”...”one of us will fall over the thing...”going for a walk / run outside in the fresh air is better, healthier” and various other reasons not to...THEN covid hits... obviously no gym... so... stuck, but glad to have the bike in fairness.

then it’s agreed after all last week that we DO have room, it’s a good idea, on Monday tomorrow we plan go check out in person.. a place in Blanch, take a look and get advice...and probably make a purchase...

i have a look though tonight online to find pretty much everything that’s suitable is sold out... the only stock left is athletic grade stuff for five / six plus grand... or cheap plastic and narrow stuff that looks like it would fall apart if you sneeze while on it or leant it to a hamster to use.

when an idea is mounted, that in its very fûckin essence is a positive , healthy, no lose purchase... but a certain mindset just thinking... “hmmmm let’s look at why not”... “let’s think, let’s see”.... when they DO see the wood from the trees finally... too late...

Joseph Addison said it most succinctly... “he who procrastinates is lost”

Added to the above, I haven’t had a seconds sleep tonight. I’m starting to feel drowsy now... but my neighbor comes out to go to work in the airport... drives an 02 Focus... thing after multiple attempts won’t start... he’s spent the last 35 minutes in and out of the house, slamming doors, opening then slamming the bonnet with no thought for anybody else, muttering various expletives to himself, drops a wrench now, more expletives...

how about...

“My ancient car is broken, I will fix it or seek someone to look at it tomorrow, now I’m going to call a taxi, between the taxi fair and bus fair home tomorrow it will be about 25 euros... but I won’t be a cûntybollocks of a neighbor and keep everybody awake / wake them up.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ta’d that I’m scatter brained

I was walking in the woods and listening to a course for beginners French. You know, the tutor explains something and you pause and say it if you can.

A cyclist passed me and gave a friendly wave and said hello. I gave a nod of the head and said manger (to eat). Why didn’t I say hello or hi?? Hell I could have greeted in French but no, I didn’t do either

He must have gone home wondering about that weirdo :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I came in here to post a TA but I've tears in my eyes laughing now , the cyclist probably thought you were eyeing him up as your next meal 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

There is a seller on Adverts that's really pissing me off lately. He's selling an item I'm interested in, and I've gone ahead and made an offer on it. He hasn't responded to my offer, and he's been seen responding to everyone else. I can't send him a private message because Adverts doesn't allow you to do so, until a sale has been agreed.

It's really frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Was in a small non-chain cash-only pizza place and after I ordered, I realised the same person taking the cash was putting the toppings on the pizza. There was a steady stream of customers so he was pretty much alternating between topping a pizza and handling a customer's cash.

Although there is a tiny risk of getting sick from that, it is still fairly disgusting.

A business I use two to three times per week, since last night has their booking website down... I log onto their twitter and Facebook, nada...no information regarding an outage, nothing in my email either. Since covid I 100% require the website to avail of their services and make bookings. Can’t be done in person or on the phone.

i call the reception and get informed that they not only are not aware of any outage but there isn’t one...I’m wrong.

so I get my phone, disconnect my phone from WiFi, now using 5G, I was initially using my iPad and WiFi but on my phone and 5G I’m getting the same fûckin error messages !

there is no customer services email that I can screenshot my attempt to book, there is only a form to fill in on their site which I cannot access....

seriously... aghhhhhhhhh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Strumm, if you want to pm me that link I can try at my end. Not that it'd help you much in accessing it, but I can send you a screenshot back. Also, you could try with downdetector.com or downforeveryoneorjustme.com

(yes, they do exist!)

Post edited by New Home on

Paper straws on kids drinks. What a load of sh!te. Oh yeah like ye're really making such a difference to the environment with your new paper straw that comes wrapped in a single use plastic 🙄

And the straw itself is about as useful as a chocolate sauce pan. Not near rigid enough and awkward to pierce the hole with. Very easy for a two year old to make sh!te of them altogether aswell rendering them useless.

Cheers dude, appreciate that back up in the last hour so alls good , thanks though.. ;) actually appreciating the rest :p

im using this thread far too often...

parked up on Leo St about 45 minutes ago to bring stuff into the Mater for my Dad, on alighting from the car my cousin who was driving is almost hit by a car coming from the direction of the hospital, the driver who was holding not a phone but a tablet or phablet in one hand while driving and looking down didn’t even notice my cousin, absolutely oblivious, missed her by about a foot... with some luck she’ll wrap her motor vehicle around a fûckin lamppost and said accident get witnessed by her nearest and dearest.... absolutely prickish behavior. UGHHHH SOME PEOPLE....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Microsoft always want to look up my hole at every conceivable opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Why is the school run such carnage? I swear there'd be better organisation outside Kabul airport. I parked up in town earlier in a an area with a few spaces near enough to a school. They were the only free spot available and I was literally only staying for ten minutes. Came back, and I was blocked in by a few cars parked perpendicularly to where I was. What if there was an emergency? The amount of congestion caused solely by inconsiderate parking is ridiculous. The chaps aren't going to get abducted like.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had to drive in the dark for the first time in a few months. The number of one-eyed wonders on the road is unreal, including taxis. One tulip decided to put on his full beams to try and compensate.

• Advertisement

I was looking forward to getting some coffee beans in the local Lidl earlier, so I hopped on me bike and cycled a few miles. But when I got there the entire site was closed off as it's being redesigned.

What made this an exciting adventure in irritation though is that two weeks ago a friend and I drove to the same Lidl to get ice cream (only to find that it was closed off as it's being redesigned).

I might head up there for sausages in a week, just to keep the agitation levels up :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Capri sun is the worst one. I had to break the hole with my key

I spilt most of it trying to get the straw in, thought it was either me or a dodgy straw,didn't realise they were changed,ened up just squeezing it into a glass.

Trying to watch a film on TV only for the film to keep freezing. Gave up before the end.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you manage to bend it that far, use the sharp corner of the pouch to pierce a hole, then you can use the straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

+100

They would park on your foot if it meant they could get closer to the school. I left the house today before lunch and got caught behind someone in a Merc, I swear I have seen kerb crawlers move faster than them and for going of the humps, the old fart on the estate with the walker is faster. The when they got to the outside of one of the major schools they then parked on the cycle lane. On the way back the whole of that side of the road was just a line of cars parked up on the footpath and cycle lane.

I got caught behind someone who was driving like they had a few jars on them. In Carrick on Suir there is a dip in the road under a bridge that swings to the right, it splits into the turning lane for the oncoming traffic. He went around the bend in the feeder lane and was lucky that there was no oncoming traffic. The amount of people slowing down and speeding up for now reason on open wide roads is another this that's gotten worse. 100k zone and they decide to slow to 70 for no reason and then speed up when the line becomes broken and able to pass.

No wonder there are accidents with people driving with no consideration for others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Catherine Zappone. Has there ever been a "scandal" people cared less about?Completely media driven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Had a small leak coming through the ceiling from the en suite bathroom last week. The plumber came out yesterday to investigate. He took a piece off the ceiling and had a good thorough look with the shower running and also with me flushing the toilet thinking the leak might have came from there. When he checked the pipes and plaster everything was normal and bone dry. Nothing at all leaked. He replastered the ceiling and left, basically telling me to keep a good eye on it. My OH had a shower not long afterwards and nothing leaked so it sounds like it's a good thing. My Dad even said not to worry but I can't help feeling anxious as hell as to where that water came from (it might have been some sitting water that was there before I got the bathroom done)

Oh and Strumms, I'm not that surprised about a car almost hitting your cousin on Leo street. I regularly see cars swinging aggressively onto Leo Street from the North Circular Road every morning.

Stupid people with stupid cars with stupid farty exhaust pipes who rev their engines needlessly at stupid o'clock in the morning in housing estates or in built-up areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yeah, it’s bizarre, isn’t it? An independent being put forward for a UN “position”. She also seems to be the best person for the job.

I’d understand if there was some cronyism involved, putting a “party pal”, or financier, with zero experience into the role but this just seems like they had the perfect person lined up from the start.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement