Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The boys and girls of FG are playing dirty, very dirty indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Coveney a goner I'd say. His claudication statements on the news now contradicted by the timeline of these latest messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You've got to wonder why Coveney has not resigned yet, surely he knew this info was going to be released 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

What's Michael's next move, does he stand over this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Coveney and Varadkar have been taking the piss and treating the public as fools. One or both have to go.

• Advertisement

He's kind of boxed himself into a corner, should have kept quite over the weekend.

I'm just astonished how he wasn't even slightly aware of what was about to be released

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paschal o'Donohue on Newstalk 'shortly' they just said. Get ready for the waffle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Paschal on newstalk now. This'll be good.

This is FG’s worst case scenario if Simon C gets his marching orders, and while I haven’t read every page of this traunche of documents and txt messages, for the some that I’ve seen, the conclusion that you have say is that the foreign affairs Minister is toast.

This is exactly what Leo V wants, that his rival for any future FG leadership role, will be used as a sacrificial lamb, to save the beleaguered and stuttering government from imminent collapse and more importantly strengthening Leo V’s grip as FG leader.

if your a FG supporter, member, public representative or voter, this is an absolute disaster for them. Unless some bombshell drops, once again Leo will get away with his erratic behaviour, while his “colleague” Simon C faces political humiliation.

The big question now is will SC make it onto tomorrow and appear at the foreign affairs committee? There are further questions for other cabinet ministers including bankers best pal Paschal Donohue and Michael McGrath, in particular the former, who seemingly was all along doing all the ground work to get this makey up UN gig.

This is political nightmare for the govt. Could this issue bring down the coalition? The next 24 hours will be crucial. This controversy has plenty of legs in it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Paschal is in the middle of it as well 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paschal admits that Zappone was trying to rig the job with him since "early this year", ie a full 6 months before the Cabinet knew about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What a complete and utter mess this whole Zappone thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why were all these senior ministers falling over themselves to accommodate Zappone? Bonkers.

Drive time have even hired a voice over actor to read through the texts 🤣

Richmond having a mare on Drivetime. Dear me what a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He's trying to hide behind "asked as a friend and in a personal capacity" , and I'll tell you something else, he sounds absolutely rattled on the radio.

I thought Coveney and Donohoe were some of our more "decent" politicians, unlikely to be involved in this kind of stuff, both snared though. All baked in the same thing though apparently. Long runs the fox etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

4 months ago and to me Katherine Zappone comes across as a desperate wannabe wanting to get together with sam "girl" power in the UN, maybe they might have din dins in Piglet!

Sarah McInerney absolutely laying in to a guest, didn't get his name, FG TD I think ,radio gold

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Never would of expected Coveney to of shite the bed so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭archfi

My disbelief at the neck of him is only matched by McInerney.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

Neale Richmond.

Absolute gall of him tbh.

Sounds in the background in the studio and from McInerney that they can't keep up.

Matt Carthy on drive time also, this will drive some posters round the bend 🤣

Thanks Francie, missed the start, this is gold

FIGHT !!!

Neale Richmond. He's sacrificed whatever good name he had for himself for the 'good of da partee'. Time will tell if he actually recovers any semblance of honesty and integrity.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Now Sarah asking when Paschal knew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Of all the politicians you would expect to be above this sort of crap it was Coveney. Most disappointing aspect of all this is Coveney being caught up in it, he seemed the most capable and dare I say it honest of all the government TD's.

Neale Richmond might never be let out again to speak on behalf of FG

He's struggling

Zappone: 'Thanks so much Simon for this appointment and the honour of it and can you confirm when I start'

Richmond: 'That doesn't mean she was appointed'

The real fwiend of Zappone is finally being exposed, one cuddly wuddly Paschal D :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Why? The man is staggeringly arrogant and entitled, the 'Merchant Prince of Cork' has done little but sell out this country to buy influence in the areas in which he aspires to rise, no doubt he was eager to award another globalist acolyte with a cushy job that would see her keep his name in the ear of the influnetial.

There was nothing funnier to me then the look on Coveney's face when Leo (like Obama did to Hillary) gazumped him for Taoiseach, a crown he felt entitled to, and all afer he was annointed in Davos as a future leader of nations. He's power hungry and really and cares nothing about this country.

Advertisement