Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH available on OpenEir site but not showing up as available on Eir/Vodafone line checker

Options
  • 07-09-2021 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows how regularly the line checker on Eir's website is updated?

We had engineers in our estate in June and fibre was blown into ducting at the start of July.

We are showing up as able to get FTTH on OpenEir now, but the line checkers still only show the current 100 package we have already.

Does anyone know how often the line checkers are updated? I have tried searching some threads for info but didn't see what I was after.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭zg3409

I am not sure of the answer to your question but they often don't turn on FTTH until an entire town or area is completed, as they seem to commission and turn it once all the cabling is fully in place. Just because the fibre is on a nearby pole, does not mean that it is fully wired all the way back and live. Check to see if any houses look to actually be connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Thanks for the response. It's actually funny because they have gone live in other parts of Longford town, so it is available in some parts while not in others, even though OpenEir now shows nearly all of Longford town as having FTTH access now. When the engineers were installing in June/July, they said it would be available in a couple of months. I am just sorry I didn't check OpenEir's map before now, when I knew it was available in some parts of town but not others, so I would have known if my area having FTTH on their map is a new thing or not.

Anyway, thanks for your response. Suppose I will just continue to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tripapreza

Hello @jaykay2

How long did you have to wait for until your Eircode became available on Eir/Vodafone line checkers?

Cheers

TripaPreza

• Registered Users Posts: 47 William_Flynn

I've had this happen to me, was showing up on openeir's map but not with any provider. Eventually managed to contact openeir via twitter and they checked and found that the openeir map was wrong. They then fixed the map, and a few months later it is back to being wrong.

The fibre was installed in my estate around two and a half years ago, and no sign of openeir making it available, like they have done in the rest of the town. The difference seems to be none of the houses in our estate have ducts (phone cable laid on the ground and concrete drive poured over it), where as that areas which were activated use overhead connections from poles.

Advertisement