Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Nothing has been done about the thanks on the mobile site

You can’t see anyone who thanked your post or any other post on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if 'My Forums' is still not working? I know this was indentified as an issue but I'm unsure if there has been an update since or I continue to look in the wrong place. When I click my forums now, it leads me to all threads within that forum. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Yep still not working, I reported the issue and a fix was something that wasn't even reported. The tab should not redirect to another broken page, the page it redirects to doesn't have a second page and to make matters worse when you click on the second page it takes you to page 2 of discussions. So in creating a fix for My Forums not showing correctly, only 1 page of your forums showing they created several more bugs that need to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

@Boards.ie: Niamh

can we have a URL that goes to your subscribed threads. My bookmark https://www.boards.ie/#tabs-mythreads used to open up the subscribed thread tab, now it no longer works. It continually defaults to the main page.

Also is there anywhere you can save your preference for full web on your phone. As it stands now I have to change it every time I visit the site.

cheers

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @Slideways the Bookmark link takes you to all of the threads you are subscribed to - https://www.boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked

On mobile you will get to it by tapping the star icon on the top of any page, this opens a pop up with the most recently updated threads you are following with an option to select 'All Bookmarks' at the bottom of the list.

On desktop you'll find the link to Bookmarks in the drop down when you click on your profile pic, top right.

There isn't any way to save your preference for full site on a mobile screen right now as far as I know but I will ask to be sure.

• Advertisement

Thanks - we tried a Thanks plugon last week that would display all of the users who have thanked a post under the post in the way the old site worked. However there were a couple of issues with it so we couldn't use it right away. It displayed the entire list under the post on both mobile and desktop. On mobile this could take up a huge amount of space under some posts. There was a natural cut off of 100 with this plugin so posts with over 100 Thanks would display the real number on the Thanks icon we have there now and then 100 Thanks undet the post with a list of 100 of the users who had thanked the post. It was too inconsistent so it requires some more work. We have every intention of reintroducing the Most Thanked tab on homepage as well.

Sample screenshot from when we were testing it:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭blackwhite

When browsing on desktop, the only place I'm seeing the Category menu (image for the menu that I'm referring to) appear consistently is on the home page.

It appears at random on the odd thread, or sometimes even on a random page of a thread, but nearly always doesn't appear at all.

Is it just intended to be on the homepage? Would hugely improve the user experience if it was set to appear on all pages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mossie

As seen as the header is on every page the whole thing should just be moved to "Categories" in the header

When you hover over or click on this the box should then appear where you can navigate to anywhere. Too many clicks currently clicking on Categories in the header to get to the same list of categories as the side navigation.

"Categories" brings you to the page with "Talk-to" "Topics" and "Regional", these are on the page twice which doesn't makes much sense. With Topics being what the SideNav uses.

If I asked to design it I would get rid header at the top "Talk To" etc (if any are really needed the can be moved to the bottom of the page to match the presentation down there, one word and underlined) and give the "Categories" in the main header 2 jobs. One were when you click on it, it brings you to the current page in the screenshot above and the other were when you hover the Side Nav drop down list appears with "Talk to" and "Regional" added also. Though when on mobile the click should be replaced with the drop down as you can't hover on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep

There is nowhere to figure out who moderates which forum.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭blackwhite

It’s in the drop down menu from the header on mobile version, and that’s on every page, so just need to replicate that logic to other versions of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How do you quick jump to view the first page in a thread? I can only go back one page at a time using the << button. The ellipsis (...) button doesn't do anything.

I can change the page number in the URL but that's a bit of a pain to do each time. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Are we ever going to to have the same access to our own/other posters' post history that we had before?

On desktop it's not possible to 'see all my posts', 'see all posts which quote my posts', and the same for other users.

Also, it would be nice if the 'Banned' was back in banned users' profiles while scrolling through a thread, rather that just on their profile page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Maybe it's been mentioned already but there's no more 'mark forum read' tool that used to be there

Was handy when you'd see an asterisks beside a forum to know it had a new post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Miss this too. Being able to see what other poster’s passions were.…..

Being able to post images directly is great but can we stop them turning 90° please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Has anyone else lost a load of PMs? I'm missing all mine from the last year!

On the desktop, the little symbol beside your username that looks like your wifi strength on an iPhone. Does it change?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

No. It's supposed to be an indicator of whether a user is online or not, but it doesn't appear to be connected to anything

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

When you create a new htread, it is not Bookmarked to your account. It should be. So you can find it easily, if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Still a lot of threads appearing in https://www.boards.ie/categories/boards-ie which should really be somewhere else. Can this be locked?

Thanks, this issue is already reported. Unfortunately the auto bookmarking only works for comments but not for new discussions which makes no sense to me either but it is how the plugin for it was designed (by someone else unconnected to Boards). I have asked that the feature be added so will see if we can get that done in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its not possible to delete posts anymore. I used to be able to edit or delete posts within I think a few hours. Now the delete option is gone.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yeah fairly lame, best you can do is edit it and replace the reply. Or flag for moderation for a delete request.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,588 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dunno if this is the right place for this as I can't find a dedicated "how to" forum or thread that's not locked.

But, say you're on mobile on the last page of a busy thread, how do you get back to page 1?

This has probably been covered in the hundreds of posts but

Clicking in this area breaks all front page styling (Edge/Chrome/Firefox)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Something odd happening to post reply counts in the Motors forum.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement