Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumnigh Manor, Portmarnock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We got an update from the estate agent recently, revising the completion date from December to January. Apparently they had just received an update from the builder.

Still think it'll be later than that, and that they're just trying to say best case scenario to keep people happy, but time will tell.

Now we just have to play the waiting game...

Sanparom wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who is in a C1/C4 house, what the small room on the second floor is like? I was in the 4 bed + study showhouse and it seemed quite spacious, but is it smaller in the C houses? For example, would we fit a smallish couch in there (with tv on the wall) and a desk on the other end of the room or is it too small?

Hey. From the C1 viewing we were at the room is a decent size. 19sqm going off the plans, I believe.

The VR walkthrough might give you an idea: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=HnU3LQGyvEz

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

Knex* wrote: »
    Hey. From the C1 viewing we were at the room is a decent size. 19sqm going off the plans, I believe.

The VR walkthrough might give you an idea: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=HnU3LQGyvEz

Thanks Knex. Fingers crossed.

January wouldn't be too bad I suppose. Such a shame it's not December. It would be great to be in there for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Knex* wrote: »
    We got an update from the estate agent recently, revising the completion date from December to January. Apparently they had just received an update from the builder.

Still think it'll be later than that, and that they're just trying to say best case scenario to keep people happy, but time will tell.

Now we just have to play the waiting game...

We've been told March for snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brinac

Hi everyone,

We are based overseas at the moment but keen on buying a house in one of the 2 developments : Drumnigh manor + Skylark.. Ive seen a few posts about plane noises.
    This is a long shot.. but I was wondering if anyone who's living in either areas at the moment can do a video recording when a plane passes by so we can get an idea of noise levels on the outside?

• Advertisement

brinac wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We are based overseas at the moment but keen on buying a house in one of the 2 developments : Drumnigh manor + Skylark.. Ive seen a few posts about plane noises.
    This is a long shot.. but I was wondering if anyone who's living in either areas at the moment can do a video recording when a plane passes by so we can get an idea of noise levels on the outside?

I was out at the development 2 weeks ago and a plane went overhead- you wouldn't hear it indoors and would barely register it outdoors! Apart from anything else, it only lasts about 15-20 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 krits9

Hi everyone, interested in a house in Drimnagh too. Would be interested to hear from residents on

1) school options closer to the estate

2) has any proximity to Clongriffin/ClareHall notorious pockets ever been a trouble?

3) How's the garden size for your house? Good space for extension possibility in few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dani-G

Hi everyone.

My husband and I just bought a property in the estate and we heard that there is a WhatsApp group for residents. Does anyone know who to contact or can send me an invite? We would love to start to get to know our neighbours and to start getting involved in what's going on in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Avon8

I'd take a PM on the whatsapp group also if it was going. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lotte81

We have just put deposit down for house too and would love to join the WhatsApp group - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mei000

Hi, we also have just paid the booking deposit and now we are going with solicitors to do the paper works. I’d like to join the WhatsApp group. Thanks in advance!

Can anyone currently in the estate have a look out the window and see if the next phase is looking any further along? We've resigned ourselves to it being ready for snagging around April/May at this stage and any sooner will be a bonus!!

I too would love to join the whatsapp group please and thank you :)

Was down there recently and I think its really coming along. Roofs are on most of the houses on the first block to the left as you look in. Will see now if I have photos I can upload

Think that's my most recent one from last week, although not the best in terms of giving a full view of the progress.

Will try and grab a few more on my next visit.

Edit: Jeez, photo quality doesn't come through well at all when embedded into the post.

This is the block in phase II that has the road around it. The houses that border the perimiter of the site are further along with roofs on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

I would love to be added to the WhatsApp group if it's not just for current residents. We won't be in our house until March/April.

The group is for current residents, folks are added ad hoc when they move in and speak to existing residents. It could get a bit messy if folks are added way in advance with the possibility of things falling through. Fingers crossed that won’t happen for you folks though.

Any general questions we can just do here.

I just want to thank you all for sharing the pictures. We don't live that close to Drumnigh Manor at the moment so it's not always easy to go give it a look.

Totally understand the situation with the WhatsApp group, it makes a lot of sense.

Quick question for you: Does anyone changed their Fridge to an American one? I know that in this case you have to talk to the builder and it's super complicated. I am almost giving up, just want to check if someone did.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

The Skylark folks have been hit with delays due to supply chain issues. Anything like that happening on the Drumnigh Manor side?

Hi Dani-G, we have the same situation. We have signed the contract for phase 2 and now thinking about the options of the kitchen. The selling agent asks us to directly negotiate with Nolan Kitchens. However, Nolan Kitchens told us they don't provide appliances for this development. Now we are confused who provide the appliances and what brands/models they provide. Do you have any update on your case?

• Advertisement

Hey Mei000,

So yeah, that's the same situation we find ourselves at the moment, the American fridge would require changes in the plumbing and that would be something to check with the builder. In our case, we decide to leave like it is at the moment. We are only doing cosmetics changes with Nolan's Kitchen.

Are your house the ones that are for January or March? I think they are in different stages at the moment, so if you want to change maybe be better to check asap :)

Good luck Neighbor

Ours would be completed in March. I hope it could be completed as expected and no delay... Nolan Kitchens seems to be busy. My appointment to meet them is end of September.

We are also thinking of having American style fridge/freezer. If the plumbing change is not easy, we would like go with non-plumbing one. I'm asking the selling agent but haven't got any reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 grahamdotnolan

Interested in Drumnigh Manor - @Mary could you pop a PM into me with your observations too. Some press and cons to weight up reading this thread for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Crispy1234

Hi everyone, our house is due to complete in March / April. Just wondering if anyone has been able to go out and get measurements for the house or have measurements been provided to you (due to covid restrictions)

We are also wondering if anyone has spoken to the foreman as we want to add some extras in the house including the sitting room where we want to move tv / internet port.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hi all, for those that are waiting on the second phase, I’ve visit the site yesterday and took some pictures that I thought you might like to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vini2017

Hi all. We are buying in the estate but I’m a little worried with the plane noise. Can someone living there already talk about their experience? I know houses are triple glazed so in theory you shouldn’t hear much, but what does it feel in practice, living there every day? Also, is it possible to relax in the garden during rush hour with plane/train noise in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

I'm not buying in the estate but I wouldn't worry about plane noise as I think developments in the area come under noise zones where there are obligations on developers to build them soundproof. You won't hear them from inside and on the Skylark thread it's described as being a sound that will possibly drown out your speech for a couple of seconds in the garden.

Fwiw I was living in another part of Dublin recently (West) where the planes were much farther away but taking off as opposed to landing and I only found them slightly less noisy. An awful lot of the population of Dublin live with plane noise and are not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KeepThePiece

Hi folks,

By any chance would anyone know creche fees in the two local ones - we're just trying to figure out affordability at the moment? I have baseline, but interested in after school / wraparound / multi-child discounts?

Thanks,

Brendan

Anyone hear any updates on the bridge link up for the train station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 novan

The last we heard from the EA (in August) was this: “There is no timeline in place for when this footbridge will open. It could be a couple of years.” Unless something has changed since then, wouldn’t hold my breath

By the way, is the new road connection to Hole in the Wall completed yet? Wondering if there’ll be a new bus stop closer to DM?

Advertisement