Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage from Finance ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

BD850611 wrote: »
    That is great, very happy for you. Congrats!

Our valuation was instructed on Monday this week but we requested the valuation a week before. I wonder if it will take two more weeks to complete the valuation then take another week or so for them to finalized the loan offer. our broker told us at least couple of weeks to complete...so new pressure again...

Did they ask you to provide the payslip and letter before you received the loan pack or they want these before the full draw down?

Thanks so much! Everything signed with solicitor, loan offer sent back to Finance Ireland and remaining balance of 10% deposit given. It took 2 weeks in total from start to finish for my valuation to be completed, then 1 week later I received a call saying my loan offer was being sent out.

The payslips and letter is after the loan offer, they will review these before full draw down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BD850611

Thanks so much! Everything signed with solicitor, loan offer sent back to Finance Ireland and remaining balance of 10% deposit given. It took 2 weeks in total from start to finish for my valuation to be completed, then 1 week later I received a call saying my loan offer was being sent out.

The payslips and letter is after the loan offer, they will review these before full draw down.

Thank you for the info. Hopefully we can hear something this week...fingers crossed!

Btw, how long will the loan offer last from Finance Ireland? We were told our house will not be built until late Dec 2021/Jan 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭flanna01

BD850611 wrote: »
    Thank you for the info. Hopefully we can hear something this week...fingers crossed!

Btw, how long will the loan offer last from Finance Ireland? We were told our house will not be built until late Dec 2021/Jan 2022

Six months then have to re-apply unless you have different arrangements made

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mopsy06

Hi all,

Is anyone else having issues with applications being reviewed? Our application has been sent to the underwriters since 22nd July. The broker has been on to them everyday for the last 2 weeks. The turnaround time is meant to be 10 working days. I'm wondering if they are this slow processing applications, how long does it take for drawdown??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

We're in exactly the same boat. Went to underwriters July 6th, STILL waiting for loan offer pack. We're over 3 months waiting now. No queries back on any of our paperwork, no questions or explanations for delays. "It's in a queue".

Worst shower I've dealt with. If I didn't know my broker from previous dealings I'd be livid with them too. We were given an original timeline of ~4 weeks, this is the end of week 13.

• Advertisement

Been waiting 3.5 weeks now too since valuation. We aren’t in a rush thankfully, but broker said 10-15 working days on average to get loan offer. But no movement yet.

They were super quick organising a valuation however.

Been told for a week solid now still in review with credit, hitting 20 working days now since loan offer application went in. Anyone in same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

We just requested a valuation last Wednesday, how long before you heard back?

We found some difference in Finance Ireland between on original application and the renewal. Back in January it took 12 days to get AIP. The renewal in July took over 7 weeks. Hoping the next steps are quicker.

we asked for a valuation, heard nothing for 3 weeks then realised they’d done it :/. Valuation was a week, 3 weeks to get the report.

Hitting nearly 4 weeks waiting on loan offer now. Were told 10-15 days but then recently been told backlog

Thanks for the info.

The valuation was requested two weeks ago now. It was so quiet I followed up with my broker and she asked me to check in with the EA. No one has been in touch with the EA. So frustrating. The EA is now asking for me to find out who the valuer is and get them to contact her. Why is it all so cloak and dagger. Everything behind the scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

7 weeks so far on an application. Wasnt in a hurry 2 months ago but squeaky bum time is approaching

We got approved 5 weeks after application but now waiting on FI to send on the loan pack to solicitor.

They weren’t one but apologetic over the time - basically just said it’s just business, it’ll take as long as it takes.

Curious to see where you are in the process and how long more you're waiting?

Found out that Finance Ireland did the valuation (online /drive by, never entered the property) and now I'm in the pre offer call queue. Broker told me the bank would ring, anyone know what that entails?

Have the loan offer now. Pre call queue lasted 2-3 days, asked some security details and to pay valuer fee. Loan offer was then received by email and post 4-5 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Joffrey

Just wondering, do finance ireland ask for 3 months bank statements or 6. Can't find the info anywhere online

6 month statements for Current acc, Credit cards, Revolut, N26 and Savings.

12 months for loans

Finally signing the loan offer letter tomorrow after Finance Ireland messed up on our application. 8 weeks after requesting the valuation.

How long were you waiting to drawdown after it was all signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Anyone dealing with FI now? My solicitor was told last week on Tuesday our case was with the Compliance dept and if all IGO then funds to be paid between Wednesday and Friday. By Friday I was on the phone to them loads and it seemed to me like it hadnt even been picked up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ckm23

Yup, application in 13 weeks ago, I just got put in the queue for a loan offer call. Good luck, they work on their own timezone.

Advertisement