Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Social & Fun] unfair modding of sinn fein thread mod beasty

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Have any admins looked at how unreasonable the system of only actioning reported posts is?

Could they explain how the post I was threadbanned for and the ones I was warned for are any different to what happens all day long in CA?

As I said, I don't want to start posting other users posts here and dragging them in, but I can show numerous posts that are similarly robust or uncivil to mine that happen every day.

My point is, robust challenge is the culture of the place, it functions fine as long as it isn't malicious lying or gratuitously offensive.

Hurt feelings because you are challenged should not be grounds for reporting and certainly shouldn't be adding to the workload of a mod..

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have stated repeatedly I am not going looking for thigs to sanction. That is my view as a Site Administrator. I have told you repeatedly why, but you still seem obsessed with the point

TBH I have wasted so much time interacting with you going forward I will limit it to when I feel you warrant sanction. Life really is not worth the likes of you demanding so much attention

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I actually wasn't looking comment from you Beasty if you read the post, it was addressed to admin or whoever is the next level.

I already stated 'I've said my piece' to you.

BTW I don't think you should be looking for posts to sanction. I have clearly said sanctioning posts for being 'uncivil' in a forum that is frequently uncivil is just a minefield for users because one post might get reported and another not.

I found that post of yours very uncivil btw. But I'll let you off and won't report it. 😎

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Beasty is an admin, but I'm not. However I am the Helpdesk and DRP moderator, I was just making sure you informed that this was in the correct section for it, and not being misdirected. So I can't speak for the admins regarding your questions.

Advertisement