Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've mostly ETH, but have some SOL, DOT, and ADA as well.

All down bar the SOL, but seems to be bouncing back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Really its no worse than it was last week - barely a dip in that in context, could easily be back up to yesterdays level this evening

Just seen people are having issues using coinbase - trying to buy and orders not getting fulfilled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have traded in them, I don't use them. I was told about them when I was abroad, and was looking at NFTs and pancakeswap and my head was all over the place.. 🙃

I traded some Tether (USDT) for ALGO and GRT 😣 - I haven't used it since (I don't think anyway), so I couldn't really rate them as a service if that's what you're looking for. Easy enough to use etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Starting to recover. I'm tempted to buy more ETH and ADA but maybe I should wait a bit longer.

Recover where? Looks to be moving sideways to me and more likely to go down

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I went back to all cash positions. As any self respecting bear would say "I may have been early, but I wasn't wrong". A week or so longer in my positions would really have been a nice bonus but alas I moved a bit early.

I think quite a few got suckered by the climb of BTC above 52k however short-lived. I had thought, and still do that on a Fib basis at least, rejection at 52.5k is going to lead to some more retracement. None of my buys have triggered and tbh I think there is further drops to come in the short term.

I'm awaiting buys on BTC, Link, ADA, Nano, ETH, DOT, VET and BCH.

With a weather eye on Rose and Audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Well its looking a lot better than it did last night anyway.

Well if you think its rebounding DCA in to it and have funds for if it goes down even more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Not that it matters in any way, shape or form but the El Salvador president, the madman, was alluding to the IMF, World bank, US Gov, EU and opposition parties as being the cause of the drop...

And I 100% agree with him. No doubt all the FUD back in may was to give the governmental snails a chance to get in on the market so they could influence it as needed.

I think it's a healthy correction anyway, we could do with more of them. A chance to add to the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BTC chart.

So glad I didn't buy a year ago: close call that. Anyone looking at a one day or one week chart, might as well be blind.

I presume you mean "sell" a year ago?

Edit: May have missed the sarcasm! In which case "Buy" is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Creating all those taxable events is probably what holds a lot of people back from trading like that. What price does BTC need to drop to for it to be worthwhile for you after the tax owed?

Shout out to ALGO, up 40% in the last 24 hrs while the rest of my portfolio dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well done on Algo.

On the tax front, it'll be an interesting tax return alright but I'm carrying some allowable losses too that will go a long way towards evening out the current trading strategy.

Try taking off the binocular vision. Bitcoin is running at 75% ATH and ethereum at 85% ATH despite the sustained attacks over the last 6 months.

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What do people think of DOGE. Is it worth investing or was that jump a while back just from Elon?

• Advertisement

Doge was setup as a joke. The only people buying it are autistic kids who have formed a "Doge Club" and call Musk their Doge-Father. As well as professional investors taking advantage of said kids with bull traps.

There is no "investing" in Doge.

Nice pump on XTZ. Just when I thought I was going to be holding the bags long term, nice surprise. But I just don't trust these pumps anymore I'm out at a modest profit. It'll probably go all the way to $7 but I'm in zen mode now waiting for the next drop with btc sub 30k and all the alts with it, whenever that will come (and it will come).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

100% this, having most of the portfolio in usdt is the smart move right now.

It wasn't that long ago eth was 300 euro. It probably will never get back to those levels but sub 1000 is possible in the next bear

Why are there so many bears in the thread teeing up an "I-told-you-so" scenario without giving a shred of a reason for why they think the market is going to drop?

I was responding to that one poster who believed everything was about to go up when there was no indicators at all in fact was more to the downside and is still going sideways at the mo - see what the weekend brings

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Yeah some annoyingly bearish sentiment in here, you wouldn't mind it as much if they weren't making concrete statements as if any of us know for sure what's going to happen in the short term. I think everyone agrees that we'll see another proper bear market at some point in the future, but people talking as if we're definitely right on the verge of one or even already in one are coming across a bit overly negative; go post in the worried thread if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing myself. There are too many unsupported yet firmly held views of where coins are going. No one knows. If you did, you'd be a billionaire.

For any bull-ish or bear-ish comments to be taken seriously, they need support, and a good defence to a challenge. Unfortunately this forum is very quiet lately and so these throwaway (bearish at the moment) comments) have been going unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

I also believe we're very close to the peak of the bull market (due to the consistent four year cycles) and we're headed for an extended bear market in the next few months. Not sure why it should be any different this time.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

What annoys me is that you're not allowed to have a bearish opinion on here. I have certainly given plenty of explanation why I thought btc would not break the 52k barrier and was set to tank. Which is exactly what happened. I'm not saying I told you so I'm simply pointing out your opinion that people have bearish sentiment and are not backing it up is simply not true.

As well as my own opinion on that, which was related to El Salvador, I also firmly agree with the poster (apologies i forget your name) who said cryptos are being used by hedge funds to raise funds to cover their shorts in meme stocks. I am a very firm believer in this and there is a lot of technical evidence to back this up.

Its easy to spot after its happened and not so easy when you are in it, but the 52k pump and dump was a classic bull trap. Absolute manipulation by hedge funds and professional investors to steal money from the inexperienced. Sometimes it is a wise idea to listen to opinions that are different to yours and try to understand, surrounding yourself in an echo chamber and only listening to opinions that back up your own opinion is only going to lead to disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

No difference between those that say it will go down all the way through a bull run and those that say it will go up through a bear. Eventually, if you keep saying it long enough you will be right.

There is a difference between those who are gambling and want to cash out and those that see it as another part of their investment.

Advertisement