Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year olds able to change gender in Scotland

Options

Comments

Have two biologically segregated toilets/changing rooms, one for male, one for female, and then have a gender bathroom/changing room where the infinite amount of genders can all congregate if they define themselves by their gender and not their sex.

Works for sports too. Men can choose to compete against men, women against women and then all the people who "feel" they don't fit into their "assigned" gender category can compete against similar.

But for kids, let's not have them burdened with all this bullshit and teach them basic biology and let them have a childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anne_Widdecombe

Even that would have unintended consequences.

Imagine 4-year old children seeing a fourth door (men, women, disabled, trans-) - asking questions to parents about what makes the fourth door different?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Poster specifically mentioned ' old transwomen with penises' - either they were sensationalist and pushing an agenda or are more comfortable with the idea of kids seeing genitals. Beyond that, take it up with them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So, not comfortable with kids and genitals. That's that sorted then.

And if education is an agenda, so be it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It's not necessarily the genitalia, but what those genitalia represent, namely: an intrusion into women-only spaces; a displacement of women's rights by biological men.

This is misogynistic; it's as simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,926 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I stayed well out of the whole having to go to LA for an example of a flasher which you associated with people who are transgender for no good reason given that people who are transgender are as discreet about their privacy as anyone else, and a flasher or exhibitionist is just that, nothing to do with men in general, and nothing to do with anyone on the basis of their sex or gender identity. It’s a behaviour, nothing to do with biology.

Your post is a desperate reach. There’s really no other way to categorise it other than the kind of histrionics I referred to earlier. You couldn’t possibly be that concerned about children asking about a door that you would deny anyone who needed it the use of public facilities. When it comes to schools, which is what the topic of discussion is actually about here - schools are not bottomless pits of money that they have the capacity or the resources to just build more bathrooms or changing rooms or whatever else.

There are practical considerations involved in every situation in every school, and schools have been doing their best to accommodate students for years, and will likely continue to do so regardless of whatever policies that aren’t backed by funding - it’s easy churn out policies that’ll keep lobby groups happy, far more difficult in practice to implement practical ideas in the school.

Teachers don’t generally want children’s education to suffer, so they manage as best they can in the interests of all the children, not just the one or two on the basis of any particular characteristic or trait. I’d always cut them slack because it’s a stressful and tough job enough already. A four year old who’s confused about which door to use? Teachers deal with silly small things like that every day, it’s on the lowest end of what they deal with, as opposed to the terrible imposition on anyone you’re trying to make it out to be. To put it in some sort of context for you - from the Scottish guidelines itself -

In 2019, there were 697,989 pupils in Scotland's public schools. It is known that around 200 young people per year receive support from the Young Person's Gender Service with their transition.

Hell I’ve often gone into the wrong bathroom and y’know what’s happened? Nothing, only me being mortified and trying not to let on. I’ve never met a woman or a child in there who’s given a damn yet. That story from LA? He was a flasher, different context entirely. All you’re doing is attempting to induce fear and anxiety in people.

And just when I thought it couldn’t get any more silly, you come out with this absolute clanger -

Reading it I was reminded of that hoax paper that was just cobbled together pure garbage written with the specific intent of showing an example of the kind of garbage that passes as legitimate in the social sciences, specifically this passage -

The usual excuse given for manspreading is centered directly in the conceptual penis as a male social dis- course: the (anatomical) penis and testicles are attributed as needing space in order to facilitate the male individual’s “comfort.” This behavior, seen from the perspective of the (conceptual) penis as a (performative) social construct, is clearly a dominating occupation of physical space, akin to raping the empty space around him, that is best understood via the machismo braggadocio isomorphism to toxic hypermasculinity (Perkins, 2015).

As much as the Scottish guidelines are completely useless and gone completely overboard, there’s evidence of going overboard by way of retaliation to the guidelines too, which is also just as completely unnecessary and unreasonable IMO and shows just as little actual interest in children’s education or welfare.

Children have enough to be dealing with, without also having to be anxious about whether their bodies fit someone else’s ideal. That sort of scrutiny just leads to bullying in schools, never mind when they’re adults and they still think their behaviour should be acceptable.

Arrant nonsense.

And comparing my views to some pseudointellectual quack is disingenuous.

May I also note that you've had nothing - absolutely nothing - to say about the definition offered by @LLMMLL that a woman is "either a cis woman or a trans woman".

Instead, you've spent too much time talking about the hypothetical fourth toilet.

Your responses are predictable at this stage tbh.

A question that is easily answered. It's no different than the wheelchair access toilets, or the rooms for breastfeeding. A simple explanation without any real detail, and the child will be focused elsewhere within seconds. Kids have short attention spans, and few would be terribly interested in adults going into a different room.. it's not as if the symbols on changing rooms or toilets scream to attract attention.

Nope. @[Deleted User] suggestion makes sense, and is perfectly reasonable. There has to be some place for Trans people, and since they feel that gender is of lesser importance, sharing with other trans shouldn't be an issue, while the genders with traditional views have their own space. That;s reasonable and provides for everyone without friction.

I agree with your latter point.

But, if I were to play devil's advocate, I would imagine that trans- forces would argue in response that, by separating them from male or female toilets, they are being treated as second-class citizens (from a gender perspective) - and that they should be afforded the full rights to use the toilets / changing rooms as they wish.

For example, trans men and trans women have been using toilets for donkey's years - often with nobody even noticing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Devils advocate?

The funny thing for me are the constant comparisons made by Trans advocates with homosexuality, and yet, they want all changes in society to happen immediately, when that was most definitely not the case for homosexuality. Take it in steps, or stages. Acceptance by society is only going to happen when Trans people play ball a little... and the accepting something like the toilets/changing rooms, would go a long way towards that. Then, later, ask for a merging of the changing rooms for adults, once society has had time to grow comfortable with the overall change..

As for the second class citizen remark.. I'm a smoker. There are many groups out there who take second place to the majority..

For example, trans men and trans women have been using toilets for donkey's years - often with nobody even noticing

Because they hid what they were. The difference now is that Trans people want to be recognised and accepted as Trans.. they're not looking to hide it anymore. If they were fine with hiding it, and keeping a low profile, there wouldn't be the resistance that exists. Also.. and this perhaps more important... the numbers of Trans are significantly increasing, over the numbers that existed previously... so.. the chance of a Trans individual being in such a place before would have been very rare, but in ten years time, how rare will it be? Not very.

I’ve just seen your edit where you noted that I didn’t say anything about LM’s definitions, and you’re right, I didn’t. I didn’t say anything about yours or anyone else’s either, for one good reason, I simply don’t care about defining what’s a woman or what’s a man or child or any of the rest of that nonsense. This might have been a clue -

Children have enough to be dealing with, without also having to be anxious about whether their bodies fit someone else’s ideal. That sort of scrutiny just leads to bullying in schools, never mind when they’re adults and they still think their behaviour should be acceptable.

Children are often self-conscious about their bodies already without being analysed and defined and feeling any need to define themselves to the nth degree and suffering from all sorts of anxieties, insecurities and disorders and self-harming. It’s why I said that sort of behaviour leads to bullying, which it does, behaviour which is even exhibited by adults who imagine their behaviour is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Erm well the fist half of your post there could be described as incoherent. Frankly I don't know what the you're on about.

I'd be much more comfortable if Stonewall UK would stick to gay issues, and I would be much more comfortable if it were trans people themselves advocating policy and not the weird situation of gay people advocating for trans rights rights when they are not trans themselves. I'll never get what that's all about and frankly I find that all a bit weird.

You make a point of anti-trans posters disagreeing but you make no mention whatsoever of the fact that trans people disagree was well, e.g Debbie Hayton and others. So here you are as gay person fighting the trans cause when you have no personal insight on the issue. How odd is that. It seems to me your participation in all this is an ideological one.

You say that the gay lobby has been remarkably successful, yes it has, but only in the West. Why don't you advocate for gay rights in non-western countries instead of focusing on the trans issue. And why do I think you feel they are kinda the same thing when they aren't. Why do I get the feeling your're happy more and more (young) gay men are identifying as trans?

If you find anything incoherent there I'll be happy to clarify.

==============================================================

Now to date I knew nothing about Graham Linehan who has been mentioned in other threads, so I thought finally I'd get to know him via this that come up in my feed today, An in-depth interview with the brilliant Andrew Doyle. Worth a watch, and I have to say he doesn't come across anything like as badly as he's been made out to be. Lots of coherent sophisticated points :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pXx7YKcTyI

Post edited by AllForIt on

LLMMLL is gay? Err... oddly enough I always thought they were hetero but an advocate of gay and trans rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

The first part was a summary of your posts which is why it was incoherent. Because your position is.

Stonewall Uk nor any lobby group in existence care if they are making you comfortable or not.

I'd be more comfortable if Stonewall UK campaigned on both gay and trans issues. Which they do. Who cares if I am comfortable or not?

Did straight people campaigning for gay marriage make you uncomfortable?

Do People with homes campaigning for the homeless make.you uncomfortable?

You clearly see campaigning for the rights of anyone other than yourself as "odd". Thankfully that is not a generally accepted position. But it does explain a lot about your posts.

You are also competely incorrect in saying I make no mention of trans people such as Debbie Hayton disagreeing. In actual fact I have explicitly said not all trans people agree on this very thread.

I do advocate for gay rights in countries outside the West so no idea where that nonsense point came from. Newsflash: advocating trans rights has no conflict with gay rights outside the West.

As for incoherency which you say you'll clarify (so I assume you won't ignore this question) can you explain why you are "uncomfortable" with trans people and TRAs not being in complete agreement but you seem happy enough that anti-trans people such as yourself tend to disagree a lot.

Stonewall Uk nor any lobby group in existence care if they are making you comfortable or not.

Evidently. Doesn't look like they are interested in making anyone conformable but only getting their way. Not really an attitude that appeals to me.

You clearly see campaigning for the rights of anyone other than yourself as "odd". Thankfully that is not a generally accepted position. But it does explain a lot about your posts.

No, you are being obviously disingenuous here. I don't find it in the slightest bit odd that anyone would fight for any multiple causes they wish, but I do find it odd that the gay and trans issues are fought for by the same types of people and it's clearly all political and some other odd reason. You might be aware I've brought up the fact that homosexuality and transgender-ism are two completely distinct separate issues with no relation to each other in any way whatsoever. I am not 'anti-trans' as you put it but I absolutely am anti the same-ing of these two things. The more I think if it, the LGBT+ acronym is gay+heterosexual and I think that's not right. That is where my interest and participation in these threads comes from; if I were heterosexual I prolly wouldn't be on these threads at all.

I do advocate for gay rights in countries outside the West so no idea where that nonsense point came from. Newsflash: advocating trans rights has no conflict with gay rights outside the West.

When Stonewall UK say that homosexuality is about same gender attraction then there is clearly an ideological problem at the heart of Stonewall UK. How can you infer this has noting to do with me personally. I'm gay and attracted to men's bodies. I know that comes across as a bit graphic but that is the reality of what being homosexual means. It has noting whatsoever to do with being attracted to a personal feeling of one's gender. So the Newsflash is Stonewall UK are not what they once were and I'm personally going to lobby against them in whatever way I can, and that still doesn't make me anti-trans.

As for incoherency which you say you'll clarify (so I assume you won't ignore this question) can you explain why you are "uncomfortable" with trans people and TRAs not being in complete agreement but you seem happy enough that anti-trans people such as yourself tend to disagree a lot.

Well that's obvious, if Stonewall UK are the ones who seamus called the 'experts' are the one's advising state policy on transgender issues including gender fluidity and non-binary, who now have a screwed up opinion on what homosexuality is, it's hardly surprising I'd be 'uncomfortable' with their input. Frankly Stonewall strikes me as a bunch of odd balls who really should be shunned rather than thinking of them as experts.

Post edited by AllForIt on

Evidently. Doesn't look like there are interested in making anyone conformable then only getting their way. Not really an attitude that appeals to me.

They seem interested in making me comfortable. They seem interested in making people who agree with me comfortable.

Of course your frankly crazy interpretation of lobby groups which seems to be "do they serve my views or needs" is not why lobby groups exist.

Lesson 1: a lobby group not serving YOU as an individual does not equate to them not serving anyone but themselves. YOU are not the centre of the world. YOUR perspective is one of many.

You have a remarkably egocentric vision of this topic. Maybe it's your general worldview.

No, you are being obviously disingenuous here. I don't find it in the slightest bit odd that anyone would fight for any multiple causes they wish, but I do find it odd that the gay and trans issues are fought for by the same types of people and it's clearly all political and some other odd reason. You might be aware I've brought up the fact that homosexuality and transgender-ism are two completely distinct separate issues with no relation to each other in any way whatsoever. I am not 'anti-trans' as you put it but I absolutely am anti the same-ing of these two things. The more I think if it, the LGBT+ acronym is gay+heterosexual and I think that's not right. That is where my interest and participation in these threads comes from; if I were heterosexual I prolly wouldn't be on these threads at all.

Again it's just your viewpoint that egocentricity seems to make you think everyone should agree.

You choose to divide the world up in one way. I choose another. You see gay issues as separate to trans. But you seem to think they are self evidently different. I see many commonalities.

I don't even need to list all the commonalities (I will if you wish me too). The fact is the gay and trans communities have been associated for decades. I'm not making a political statement here. It's just a basic fact. Gay bars are explicitly trans friendly in a way non-fat bars aren't. Pride is trans friendly. All the gay dating apps are explicitly trans friendly.

The community exists naturally. And you are welcome to have an issue with it. Just as I could (which I don't) claim that since gay and lesbian are different in my worldview there shouldn't be an LGB community. There should actually be 3 separate communities for L, for G, and for B.

Lesson 2: you do not get to decide on how anyone views the LGBT community except for yourself. Equally, I don't get to decide it either. I could exclude anyngroup I want and claim a basis for it. Most people would ignore me.

When Stonewall UK say that homosexuality is about same gender attraction then there is clearly an ideological problem at the heart of Stonewall UK. How can you infer this has noting to do me personally. I'm gay and attracted to men's bodies. I know that comes across as a bit graphic but it's the reality of what being homosexual means. It has noting whatsoever to do with being attracted to a personal feeling of one's gender. So the Newsflash is Stonewall UK are not what they once were and I'm personally going to lobby against them in whatever way I can, and that still doesn't make me anti-trans.

It's very hard to reply to.you as you've muddled your argument so much. Read (carefully) my post that you replied to. We were not discussing Stonewall UK. You asked why I was not campaigning for gay rights outside the west. In my reply I said there is no conflict in campaigning for trans rights and gay rights outside the west. I never mentioned Stonewall UK. That was a completely separate point. I imagine the reason Stonewall UK focus on UK issues is in the name...UK.

If you don't feel represented by Stonewall UK that's fine. Although assuming you live in Ireland it's a little bizarre that your representation issue is that they campaign for trans rights and not that you're in an entirely different country.

But that's not the argument either of us made. You asked why I (not Stonewall UK) don't advocate for gay rights outside the west and I corrected you that I do and further pointed out that there is no conflict in me advocating for gay rights outside the west and trans rights in general.

You seem.to have made the argument all about yourself again and how you feel Stonewall UK don't represent you.

Lesson 3: I am not Stonewall UK. I can advocate for any cause I want without contradiction. I do not advocate for you as an individual. You are not important.

Well that's obvious, if Stonewall UK are the ones who seamus called the 'experts' are the one's advising state policy on transgender issues including gender fluidity and non-binary, who now have a screwed up opinion on what homosexuality is, it's hardly surprising I'd be 'uncomfortable' with their input. Frankly Stonewall strikes me as a bunch of odd balls who really should be shunned rather than thinking of them as experts.

Not what I.asked at all but it's.unsurprising you dodged the question.

I did not ask what issues you have with Stonewall UK.

I asked why you expect all people advocating for trans rights and gay rights to have a message they all agree on but you are perfectly fine the group of people advocating against trans rights to not have a message they all agree on.

Again it's this egocentric view of the world. People You agree with. don't have to.meet the standards you expect of people who you disagree with.

That's the incoherency of your posts.

Lesson 4: what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its subtle but when you unpack your suggestions they really are about blame, shame and judgement. Encouraging trans people to hide who they are and to be ashamed of themselves. Blaming trans people for being openly trans. Its very Irish isnt it - almost like how Ireland treated women in the past with magdalene laundries and the 8th amendment. Yeah hide them away, pretend they dont exist, we dont want them around here...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sensationalism at its finest ,

People who self identify as the opposite of what they were born are a fine minority ,does this need to be brought into early years settings , absolutely not no , we're talking about 2.5 year-olds to 4 year olds and social transitioning them , they are only in preschool barely 2+ hours and yet this is getting pushed on to early years educators ,in a room with 18+ kids who will also be showing development concerns (ASD,Speech and hearing disorders, behaviour problems , learning disabilities ) all start coming to the fore and staff start noticing the issues , where does trans and pronouns come in to preschool and where do you think it should be taught in preschool .

Considering out of 1 million school children it only effects and tiny handful so why the need to the over prevelance to promote trans from pre /primary and secondary education

• Advertisement

Its subtle but when you unpack your suggestions they really are about blame, shame and judgement.

First it's subtle, and my suggestions need to be unpacked? Seriously? Nothing in any of my posts refers to blame, or shame. As for judgment... that's debatable since all opinions on a given subject can be interpreted as a judgment. In any case, my writing tends to be rather clear, and I don't think anyone needs you to reinterpret them.

Encouraging trans people to hide who they are and to be ashamed of themselves. Blaming trans people for being openly trans.

Rubbish. More leading statements. I didn't and haven't suggested anywhere that trans people need to be ashamed of themselves. Nor have I blamed trans people for being openly trans. As for hiding... you should think about the context in which I said it... not your need to be outraged.

Its very Irish isnt it - almost like how Ireland treated women in the past with magdalene laundries and the 8th amendment. Yeah hide them away, pretend they dont exist, we dont want them around here...

First off, the Magdalene laundries and the way that women were treated in the past is not very Irish. It's not a national characteristic, otherwise women wouldn't have the rights and freedoms they have today. It's called progress. Live and learn... and it's nothing like the trans situation, and frankly, to make such a comparison just shows how you'll take a terrible period of history just to score some kind of points.

Secondly, you're reaching again. Hide them away, pretend they don't exist, and we don't want them around here... all very dramatic.. and leading. Without a shred of evidence to support your position, without reading between the lines or unpacking what I've written.

TBH I find your post to be incredibly dishonest. I was tempted to lay it all out again, so that you wouldn't need to insinuate crap.. but nah. I know you'll ignore it again, in favor of assuming and representing the throne of supreme victimhood.

Oh.. and I did notice that you didn't seek to argue or counter anything I stated. 🙄 (and no, that doesn't mean argue the above. How about argue the points I made earlier, or the topic of the thread?)

@LLMMLL

I don't even need to list all the commonalities (I will if you wish me too). The fact is the gay and trans communities have been associated for decades. I'm not making a political statement here. It's just a basic fact. Gay bars are explicitly trans friendly in a way non-fat bars aren't. Pride is trans friendly. All the gay dating apps are explicitly trans friendly

FYI, I lived on London's gay scene a for decade and a half and had a very active social life, a bit of a west end boy, and I know from my experience that there is absolutely no significant trans presence on the gay scene there. Why would there be when homosexual bars are driven by homosexual hook ups and basic socializing in the hope one might meet a partner and or just for making friends.. Why would heterosexual trans people live on this scene. They never did, it's doesn't make any sense. What you are doing is creating a completely false picture of a lgbt world that doesn't exist. One that you are presenting to the general public who don't know any better. Your LGBT society description is completely phoney. Not only that but even LGB don't mix together, you have men bars/clubs and much fewer L bars. So your happy clappy description of an lgbt+ society is completely false, actually a lie.

I attended London's Gay Pride event (as it used to be called) many times, and it was all about gay. Mostly man gay as well and a smaller Lesbian contingent. As for Trans? Forget it, you'd hardly see it, if at all, I never did. Some showy-offy Drag queens doing their usual attention seeking thing but that't still gay men, not trans.

There is no trans social scene, there are no trans societies, trans bars, or whatever way you want to describes such scenes, because they don't exist. You are creating a look of a LGBT+ society that doesn't exist, and never has. All done because you are on a ladder you shouldn't be on.

Why would gay dating apps be heterosexual friendly? Why would gay bars be heterosexual friendly? Why would trans people who are 90% heterosexual socialize on a homosexual social scene? Just because we are sharing some pink thing? What you are spinning here is ludicrous and doesn't match my 'lived experience' (to talk like a lefty), at all.

If you don't feel represented by Stonewall UK that's fine. Although assuming you live in Ireland it's a little bizarre that your representation issue is that they campaign for trans rights and not that you're in an entirely different country.

This is just bonkers. Stonewall as in the Stonewall bar riots is supposed to be a homosexual advocacy charity, and it doesn't bother you some gay people feel sidelined by the very group that claims to represent them. OMG. And then you wonder why there are now splinter groups.

Lesson 3: I am not Stonewall UK. I can advocate for any cause I want without contradiction. I do not advocate for you as an individual. You are not important.

Oh I know I'm not important, like Stonewall doesn't think this gay person is important. Gay is passé, trans is where it's at. Both at the same time is pretty cool though.

I suppose I should get back on topic so I have a question for you:

If you were a teacher in Scotland, going by the guidelines, would you teach your students that one can't assume one's pronoun, that gender is fluid or none at all, or one of many genders that have noting to do with ones' physical body. Would you put all the new pronouns on a spelling test for example? Practical questions I'm sure the teachers on the front line would be asking.

Teaching children that facts are less important than feelings.

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Doing some handy research....The number of Scots waiting a year or more for planned hospital treatment has almost doubled in just three months as the second wave of Covid-19 hit – with the latest figures showing 28,203 patients having spent 52 weeks or more on an NHS list. New waiting time figures showed “increasing” numbers experiencing longer waits for inpatient and day-case treatment in NHS Scotland. At the end of December 2020 there were 15,128 patients who had been waiting a year or more for such treatment.

yet... There are doctors, nurses, carers, anesthesiologists, and so on, readily available to assist changing the gender of children.... fûck. World is rubber ducked.

Yes feelings have become the thing. It's all about what's in your mind these days.

Some trans advocates have said in recent years 'you should be able to be who who you want to be'. I think this general idea is fundamentally nuts and exists in the realm of fantasy. It's like how I've seen drag queens being drag queens 24/7 of late rather than just something they engage in of an evening. They are literally saying it's their 'identity' now, which is just bizarre. I think that's the type of concepts we're fighting against.

FYI, I lived on London's gay scene a for decade and a half and had a very active social life, a bit of a west end boy, and I know from my experience that there is absolutely no significant trans presence on the gay scene there. Why would there be when homosexual bars are driven by homosexual hook ups and basic socializing in the hope one might meet a partner and or just for making friends..

Just to chip in on this... I'd agree with you. I became very active on the gay scene both in Ireland and abroad when I became an adult (20 odd years ago). The "Trans" presence consisted of Transvestites, and a few people who had transitioned physically but they were very very rare. Most of them were of the Ladyboy variety living in Europe but having come from Asia. The rest were queens, but they've got their own category outside of the Trans community. TBH the only people who went to the gay bars/clubs who weren't gay, were the female friends, who liked the scene, but who were heterosexual themselves.

TBH the only Trans I've known in Europe (apart from a few fully transitioned people), I've met in the last decade. Dunno where they were before that, but they weren't very noticeable within the LGBT community.. at least until the LGBT was expanded in scope by activists.

Thanks for that, but I'd go further and say there is no such thing as a trans community. There is such a thing as a gay community because we wan't to be with each other, hence a gay social scene, but it doesn't make any senses whatsoever that the trans demographic would wish to be with each other since they are just common heterosexuals. I don't mean that as an insult to heterosexuals but you know what I mean.

So I'll just repeat again, the idea of an LGBT+ scene is completely phoney. It doesn't exist and it never has. The trans lobbyist's have appropriated the look and feel of the gay world, fashioned themselves in exactly the same way, but it's all just completely fake. And that is because they have jumped on a ladder they shouldn't be on to get where they want to be by subterfuge.

I often wonder, what would the trans world look like if there were no gay world. If there were no such thing as homosexuality, what would the trans world look like. It wouldn't be this colourful pink thing I'm sure, because they'd have no gay look or rainbow flag to steal.

Thanks for that, but I'd go further and say there is no such thing as a trans community. There is such a thing as a gay community because we wan't to be with each other, hence a gay social scene, but it doesn't make any senses whatsoever that the trans demographic would wish to be with each other since they are just common heterosexuals. I don't mean that as an insult to heterosexuals but you know what I mean.

I do understand, and I think you're right. Without the influence of social media/internet, I doubt there would be any kind of community for Transpeople, which is why they need to be involved in the Gay community instead.

So I'll just repeat again, the idea of an LGBT+ scene is completely phoney. It doesn't exist and it never has. The trans lobbyist's have appropriated the look and feel of the gay world, fashioned themselves in exactly the same way, but it's all just completely fake. And that is because they have jumped on a ladder they shouldn't be on to get where they want to be by subterfuge.

Ahh... I agree in part. I'd say that there are transgender people who are "homosexuals" or "bisexuals". Transgenderism isnt about sexual orientation, so they shouldn't be part of the LGB community as a movement.. but there will be people who are LGB while also being transgender. I do think their interests under LGB should be with LGB issues, rather than Trans though. Let the T stand on their own, and be judged alone on their own merits, rather than piggybacking off the LGB movement, and past successes/sympathy.

I often wonder, what would the trans world look like if there were no gay world. If there were no such thing as homosexuality, what would the trans world look like. It wouldn't be this colourful pink thing I'm sure, because they'd have no gay look or rainbow flag to steal.

TBH I suspect they would be just a fringe cult like thing, kinda like Incels. I doubt they would have received much support.

Which, considering the thread topic, would have been a good thing. The negatives of the trans movement are ignored.. it bizarre.

So something is "ludicrous" when it doesn't match your lived experience? More of that egocentricity.

I've encountered many trans people on the Irish gay scene. Mainly in the Front Lounge back in the day.

The community centre Outhouse is explicitly LGBT friendly.

You must be blind as I have seen a trans presence at every Pride I have been to. Literally marching with banners. Of course the numbers are smaller but that doesnt mean theyre not there.

And both trans women and trans men and men interested in trans women are represented on Grindr.

Stonewall get to decide who they campaign for. You don't decide for them because you personally think the Stonewall riots was a gay-only riot. Trans women were part of those riots too so your argument fails on two fronts:

1. Stonewall was not only gay people protesting.

2. Even if it was that does not mean Stonewall UK can only campaign for gay rights. Trans people are a part of our community and Stonewall UK can campaign for them if they like.

If I was a teacher in Scotland I would follow the guidance which you clearly have not read or understood.

If a child requested I use certain pronouns I would.

I would not teach children anything about pronouns BECAUSE THE GUIDANCE DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE TEACHING CURRICULUM.

• Advertisement

If a child asked you to refer to them as a pronoun you didn't feel was valid or acceptable, would you still use it?

Advertisement