Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Nothing in my emails or the invoice page. Disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Fuckit, lost out again.....😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

Missed out on the draw. Again. Last chance gone. I'm absolutely gutted to be honest, first time I've ever missed one. I hope everyone who has a ticket realises how lucky they are and roar like never before on behalf of the ones who weren't so fortunate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nothing again

know a good few more who got them this time

Is there anything to be said for another draw Father ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Injury wasn't exaggerated, but Eoghan received great treatment. St James is one of the leading hospitals in Europe for such injuries. The treatment has moved on from the days of fusing the bone. They put plates in now apparently, which aids a much quicker and less painful recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Season Ticket holder here, got an email, delighted! However, there are two ticket holders on my account (I'm the admin of the account) and only one ticket on ticketmaster :(. Should there have been a second ticket allocated or is this how they are working it? Have emailed Season Ticket office but just getting a generic reply email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

I was one of the lucky ones today. I couldn't believe it tbh, usually have no luck in draws.

Feel very sorry for those that missed out again, it's particularly galling when you see all these raffles around the country. Hopefully most of you get sorted in the next few days, im sure some who were lucky in season ticket draw also got one from club or elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Medical treatments are improving all the time but regardless there is no chance of McLaughlin playing any part in the final. It's just a statement by the Mayo management to say "we are at full strength".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

This would be my thinking as well! Would he have recovered mentally in that short a time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sigh. Nothing again..

pinning my hopes on the club draws I entered but that's a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Bloody joke that all season ticket holders and chaired mhaigheo weren't sorted out with tickets.Whats the benefit of being one if when the allocation is halved we are thrown a few token tickets in a raffle. Fecking disgusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Unlucky, if by any chance I get offered two you will get first refusal on the second one. Have more feelers out than an octupus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Keep the faith, I have my fingers crossed for you.

The height of my stress is deciding on whether it'll be the couch or pub, I generally hate watching in a pub! It's about 400m away, I think I'll just do a sprint to it if we win.

It would be a weird kind of logic to say you're at full strength when you're not. Surely you would want to have a few cards up your sleeve and say they're unlikely to make it/say nothing at all rather than give the opposition a boost come match day.

I'd say any guy on that panel would do absolutely anything and everything to play, that'll be the mentality... and especially from a guy that used to throw himself down hills in a bit of lycra at about 45km an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not to be pedantic or anything but 45km an hour would be fairly pedestrian but the point still stands ;-)

My own doomed to failure ticket quest is starting to circle the drain already.

Have a gazillion feelers out down here in Limerick but all the leads have gone cold at this stage....I still have one very tenuous and unlikely possibility wherein I am first in line on a standby list for a ticket if a fairly unlikely series of events come to fruition.

I guess if Mayo win it doesn't really matter but having done the march of doom from Croke Park to Heuston Station a fair few times since 1989 I'd hate to miss it if we actually make it over the line :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

I think it's pretty sound logic to make Tyrone think that Mullin and McLaughlin are fit. If they spend some time planning and preparing for an injured player, that's surely a slight positive for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nofaultflan

I’d try O’Keefe’s in Ennis. The only Mayo man I know in Ennis is my second cousin and he has a ticket. Not sure how many Mayo will be around.

None of you know me but one of you will decide to give me a ticket which will be much appreciated.

Mind control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

100% we should keep our cards close to our chests,not for the first time Aiden Henry of the Connaught Telegraph has started rumours and caused a distraction that we didn't need.

• Advertisement

He's at it again, Cillian now looking likely to be in the 26.

Take the week off Aiden

Thanks very much appreciate it

we are travelling anyways !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

There goes the last of my slim chances.

Telly it is.

That draw for 500 seemed to come out of nowhere. Here's hoping they draw a few more yet. Have to say though, they're not very transparent with things. It wouldn't kill them to let us know where the 500 were sourced from and were previous winners excluded etc. Seems to be made up as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Was looking forward to seeing Mayo in their groovy black/red/green/blue kit in the final vs Kerry in their blue/yellow. Now it is traditional green/red vs white/red and should be a handy enough win for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The latest from the Connaught telegraph

Reports are emerging that Cillian O'Connor is back in Mayo training.

It has fuelled speculation he could be included in the James Horan's 26-man match day squad for next Saturday's All-Ireland SFC final against Tyrone.

It would be a remarkable comeback for the all-time top scorer in the championship after he sustained an Achilles tendon injury in the final National League match against Clare last June-

-------

Reading between the lines of what is reported he could be on the 26 while McLaughlin and Mullin will start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I'm a big fan of O'Connor and if he's fit, no better player as an impact substitute, with his experience and cool head.

But i just hope sentiment doesn't play a part in Mayo's selection choices for the final and players are picked on this years form rather than reputation in the past which has always been a problem with Mayo. Players left on too long due to reputation rather than performance on the day.

To be honest, COC hasn't played a competitive championship game this year, so introducing him at any stage could be a risk. You don't start easing yourself back into competitive football in an All Ireland final, that's risky and could backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah it's surely nothing more than a spoof to put the heebie jeebies up Tyrone.

As far as I know Cillian recuperation will take a minimum of 8 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It was a family member of CO'C who told me how bad his injury was a few days after it happened. Not a hope in hell he is back training at a level that would get him involved for the final.

(Unless I'm wrong of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Yes but Horan wouldn't get involved in half arsed club level from 10 years ago nonsense like this.

Aiden Henry is at this sh1te for years,he's taking a liberty for cheap clicks and it doesn't help the cause.Its an unnessary distraction.

Hope you get sorted with a ticket by the way!

Never seen it as desperate.

Is there anything to be said for another draw ?

Like you i wouldn’t rule out another smaller one . They are indeed making it up as they go along

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think there will.

Can we get a post of all the long term boardsies looking for tickets in case any of us find them between now and sat.

Where exactly is Aiden Henry from and has he always been a bit of a dose (don't think I've ever bought the Telegraph in my life)?

I'd love to be considered, however there are plenty more ahead of me here. I'm pretty much resigned to watching either at home, pub or mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Same as that. All avenues have come up short for me. Resigned to watching from the couch but would go if I got a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

Same as that also, would love to be considered but I have resigned to watching it in the pub!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭C4000

You'd have to wonder about all these draws and raffles for tickets. The rationale for distributing tickets around the country was always supposed to be that there are genuine supporters in every county who might never get to see their own teams getting to a final, so they should have an opportunity to get tickets. It's not supposed to be an opportunity for clubs to make a quick buck by raffling off tickets or auctioning them to the highest bidder. Its exploiting the desperation of genuine supporters and you have people entering multiple draws at significant cost.

You'd wonder are many of these raffles even legal. The legislation for running raffles puts a limit of 5 euro charge per ticket and maximum sales of 1500 tickets unless you are operating under a lottery license or permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Any help gratefully received! Havent missed a final since 04 but resigned to missing this one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I find him quite negative against Mayo on the verge of anti Mayo. His columns are weird. He's like the little knockmore xxxx but actually from the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Whitehorse

No wonder the CT is falling behind on the paper sales, Aiden always having a go at the players or adding to unnecessary rumours. He took the side of management when the players went against Holmes/Connelly and continues to give the dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No luck with the second draw for me either. Looks like it will be my only All Ireland final missed since the drawn 96 final unless a miraculous ticket arrives between now and Saturday.

Either way I will put selfish thoughts to one side and if it means not being physically there to see it, so be it. I want so much for this/our county to finally reach the pinnacle in GAA. The time to do it is here again. Maigh Eo abú

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I think the wife is sorted for a ticket. I'll be watching at home sadly. Won't be the same but a few friends who also couldn't get tickets will be with me. Crazy that none of us out of a Seating Group of 10 with season ticket got a ticket in the raffles just recently. Was sure at least one would.

Got an unexpected phone call this evening with the good news that I've got a ticket. I could immediately feel the stress and tension lift from my shoulders, didn't think it was happening earlier on today.

Can't have anymore sympathy for folk on here without one. Been posting here years and know the hardcore supporters that are on here. Hopefully there's another draw and some more tickets filter through. I was leaning towards travelling anyway if I didn't get one because you just never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Who are you talking about from Knockmore? Genuine question, second time I’ve seen you mention whoever it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I get who it us

we do not accept him as one of ours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

If it was raining, you might use him to keep the rain off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sugarman20

Talking of weather, how's it looking for Saturday? Looks like it will be cloudy but hopefully the rain will stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Met Eireann's national forecast for Saturday:

Mix of sunny spells and just well scattered showers.

Highest temperatures 15-18 celsius.

Their app will have more precise location specific data re Croker on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Nevermind Croker, I'd be more interested in the Castlebar weather for the outdoor drinking all night (If Mayo win of course)

Aye. Guaranteed that if we win it that he will be hovering around. Anyway, not going to mention him as he loves the attention like a teenage boy.

Weather seems to be holding it good, so fingers crossed. The dry day could benefit us.

• Advertisement

Ok, so this is the list so far; Ill keep asking around. I have 1 more lad who is stuck for his Dad but as I said I've a load of raffles entered.

fowler87

blockfighter

Irishgeo

sebastian dangerfield

muddle84

Fr Tod

Blackjack

happyoutscan

paddb1975

mayo.mick

mrs gilhooley

Advertisement