Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

sterz wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the guy in years as I find him to be unbearable but isn't this exactly what he does in terms of his own viewpoints?

Personally I do not find that at all. It is quite a left leaning show but that is because of the content and not what he says, except for the odd quip. I never read his articles so I assume his views come across more in that medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Claire, I didn't get her full name, is doing a good job of filling in for Sean.

Staid and boring as hell. It was like a reading of the sea area forecasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Stefanie Preissner played a blinder standing in for Seán today. If he’s not back tomorrow I hope she’s back again.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Stefanie Preissner played a blinder standing in for Seán today. If he’s not back tomorrow I hope she’s back again.

Heard a good bit of the show, thought she did very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭scotchy

I thought she was dreadful, I switched over to Lyric.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I thought she was decent listen. Could hold the interesting conversation akin to Sean.

Not a smooth as Sean but sure Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Seán’s been off a fair bit lately, hope he’s alright. Can’t help but feel Newstalk is missing a trick not getting Anton Savage to “sit in” for him, though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

Anton savage would be good in his spot alright.

heard him recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

He wrote a column in last IT about his cataract operation and detached retina issues. I wish him well but I'm sure he will be back.

Seán is back in the hot seat today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭xper

Amanda Brunker is ruining Movies & Booze - ignorant, inarticulate and overbearing. She must be taking up 80% of the air time with her drival. Can we go back to, y'know, just the movie and booze reviews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I didn't realise she was allowed back on radio. Didn't she get into some legal trouble on the last word when Dunphy was still host. Some sort of defamatory comments about someone.

Also why is she on movies and booze? Is she doing film reviews now?

Has been clothes horse whose only recent claim to fame has been squeezing out other humans.

Now now. Let's not forget her amazing singing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭xper

They added a third wheel some time ago to cover entertainment news/gossip ... I think that's the brief anyway. I think Friday was Brunker's first appearance in this role, hopefully a one off.

What ever happened the oulde ones that used to talk about the weeks events. One was a bit of a Howya and another was Henry McKeans ma. I haven't heard them in a long time. Are they part of the show still?

"... organisers replaced worldwide sensation Jessie J (suffering from a broken foot at the time) on the headline stage with Amanda Brunker, whose vocals were akin to a cat giving birth.

Performing one song - a U2 cover - with a continental wedding band called Gitano, the Charity You're A Star contestant trotted off stage soon enough, allowing much more accomplished musicians to make amends for the musical afterbirth concertgoers had just witnessed."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Can High-Rise Solve The Housing Crisis?"

OK, this sounds interesting...

...oh no, the guest is Frank McDonald. Just f🤬ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

High rise is the solution touted by those who wouldn't dream of living in one themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

5 storeys is "high rise" to Georgian architecture fundamentalists like McDonald, and even that beats all the stagnant, decrepit grey tenement buildings plaguing the inner city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Jaysis that actor clearly made things a bit weird earlier, telling Sean he had a sexy voice. Robert Sheehan i think? Sean was clearly trying to move on but he dragged it out for a few seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Sean having one of his favourite segments on , an immigrant rights activist lecturing that we need to do more. Shopping list is jobs available on arrival in the country regardless of education level, housing supplied in a mixture of areas so no concentration in any one area to avoid ghettoes. Sean agreed strongly with this, so assume the likes of Ballsbridge, Foxrock etc will need to accept houses being bought for the new arrivals. Last was legislation to outlaw racism, even Sean agreed this was a tough one to legislate for.

Should be fun having Sean reading texts about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is today the Christams Movies & Booze? But Tom Dunne's standing in today?

Maybe herself should take it handy on the beer, the laugh is as annoying as the accent.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The chat about God with that science fella was very interesting.

You'd wonder about some parents.

What's happening to me. It's Deirdre O Kane and I'm laughing 😬

As long as she's not reading a 'funny' script for a product or service she's just about bearable,

• Advertisement

Texas sounded good on the show!

Advertisement