Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTA Remasters, GTA V next gen gameplay, Alan Wake Remaster would do me just fine. Apparently i like old things.

That is one thing that would completely put me off playing it again. I read that they want to be as faithful as possible to the original but the combat in those was so horrible.

So my paypal worked even though that uses the same credit card, very strange but at least i don't have to wait for a code to be sent to me from other site. Will finally get to try No Man's Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

A new Infamous game is rumoured to be shown on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At first I read that as 4,999 platinum trophies. Has to be something you played or you could just get a random "you pressed start" trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah. I just finished replaying MGS3, and even though I still consider it the best game of all time, man those controls are hard to deal with. Can't imagine how bad the GTA controls probably feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I feel jealous of those who have been with Sony for years who are getting to play Alan Wake for the first time, if your one of those absorb yourself in the youtube vids and if possible get hold of the book that came with premium as it really opens up the whole world remedy created. Probably one of the finest they have made.

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hope the remastered GTA is true, I'd love a go off San Andreas again with better graphics and hopefully better controls.

Wouldn't mind a go at III again to see if the older version of me is able to fly that poxy Dodo plane. When I played the original I only ever managed about 5 seconds of flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

A proper expansion of the streaming feature of PS Now would be nice. Or even any kind of streaming feature that works properly on Android etc. Microsoft have really got them beat in that whole area. It's funny to think that at one point, years ago, you could stream PS Now on any Smart Bravia TV or PS TV. That was before Sony just decided to stop the service for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

I think they're bound to eventually release some sort of competitor for GamePass Ultimate. It would be cool to see a "PS Plus + PS Now" tier for around 100 and a "PS Plus + PS Now + EA Play + Crunchyroll" for 150 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Alan Wake confirmed to be coming to PlayStation by Sam Lake. Very exciting as I loved Control and was wishing I could play Alan Wake after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Alan Wake is a weird one. It had this huge hype for years and when it came out it seemed everyone wanted to label it as a disaster even though it was actually pretty good, then years later it seems the perception has turned around to it being a cult classic. Releasing it the same day as Red Dead Redemption probably didn’t help. I loved it and tried to play it again recently but couldn’t take the blurry 360 version, will get this remaster day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

As single player narrative driven stories go it's up there with the best of them. Combat wise is poor but remedy have always struggled there.

Sam lakes obsession with multi media and blurring games/movies/literature can sometimes come across as heavy handed (quantum break) but they have never really made a bad game.

It also has the best use of Roy Orbison in a video game ever so bonus for that too

Hopefully comes with the add ons too as that kasabian club foot section in Dlc was epic.

Have it and American Nightmare on the PC but still need to play them. But we had the DLC in Control which may have renewed the interest in the games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think it's more a case of they're going to be expanding into this world and they need everyone to have (at least the chance to) played Alan Wake in order to get the full story?! Next Control game will have a choice of Alan or Jesse maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seen this schedule for Thursday on a few places on't'interweb thingy. Could well be absolute b#llocks mind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Could well be right. They're working on a co-op spin off from Control too I think, so maybe both characters will feature?

The presence of Abandoned has me erring on the side of b0llocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That and the fact there isn't really that much there? Apparently people in the industry are saying it's a big deal? Aside from delusional Reddit fanboys, who cares about Abandoned and that gobshite developer troll? I doubt Sony or industry insiders would give him the time of day given his history.

If it's apparently a big deal I wonder could we expect something like the very first showcase where it was just game after game? Nobody gives a damn about a new controller colour...

• Advertisement

I suppose by including Toriyama and Kozuki they're trying to fan the flames of the Bloodborne and Silent Hills rumours respectively, which would be pretty big news. But yeah, I still think it's BS. The typos in the list certainly don't lend much credibility!

Bring back Kevin Butler! Best VP Sony ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Am I crazy to think there may be something about a new Astrobot? It's in the back of my mind and I don't know why.

I wonder what Bluepoint has been working on since Demon's Souls... 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

An MGS 1 remake would be awfully tasty.

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd be very surprised, they would pretty much need to completely re-do the whole game. The camera angle and controls are awful, I tried to replay it a few years ago and couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't see them remastering MGS1. Even if you don't Twin Snakes it by adding features which end up breaking the game, what you're left with almost seems like a waste of Bluepoint's skills. As great of a game it was and always will be, nothing short of a full blown reimagining from the ground up would really be worth it. The gameplay is a product of its time.

MGS2&3 on the other hand... Rejig the controls, add a few quality of life features, give it the Bluepoint polish... There's two games they could really bring to life.

Post edited by Penn on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Quick question: Is there any website that lists new releases on PlayStation Store, on a daily/weekly basis. I'm just looking for an easy way to view all new games/dlc released.

I know the PlayStation blog used to list them, maybe they still do, but is there an easier way to view new releases?

• Advertisement
Advertisement