Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The grid was built before there was any thought of people feeding into it. So simply wasnt designed for it, so of course there’s constraints. ESB aren’t getting your electricity the Market operator is. But the ESB have to deal with the headaches.

if you want to export over 3,500 then why not buy or in battery storage ? That 3,500 causes trouble especially if your neighbour is doing it too. To upgrade the system would cost multiples of what your input costs.

As for fossil PP, They can’t deal with the stop start demand of a system with so much RES penetration so aren’t being accepted onto the market as their price is so high. Look at aghada or huntstown. They are available if needed, however we will be building more CCGT in the next few years. It’ll be hard to find people to build them as most have taken heavy impairments on existing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

There's quite a few comments re V2L... In case it helps, I saw a french review of a lower spec version on YouTube (kinda like the equivalent of the executive plus here) and even if V2L wasn't "included" functionality is inbuilt and worked fine once they used the adapter from the higher spec car. So basically those getting anything less than premium plus, should still be able to avail of it if they get the corresponding adapter...

Also note for those looking to buy anything below the premium spec, all Irish reviews, test cars, carzone listings etc are the premium trim. The side moulding etc is chrome whereas on the executive and exec plus, it's black. In my opinion it's considerably uglier especially on some colours so just be careful, (I still ordered one!) :)

Attaching the link for that french review just in case, by the way, it also shows the black moulding I was referring to, so this video covers both of(it also shows what I understand the 1/2 leather seats will look like here, again I hadn't seen any pictures for those in any Irish review, website...):

https://youtu.be/1JNR4s2Xmic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Solar PV has a payback ~ 9 years without FIT, that’s mine anyhow and I’ll avoid FIT as long as possible

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Had a look again on friday at the one in Kildare, unfortunately same colour (White, black interior) as one I had previously seen at Wexford Hyundai. Also a Premium. Not a great fan of the chrome plastic exterior bits, the black trim may look better IMO. But thought the car looked better than my first impressions, particularly the interior. (It was a lousy wet day in Wexford a few weeks ago). The missus really wants a base one, but according to Brian it may be a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Can you spec any extras on lower models or is it just the paint and seat colours?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think black and white don't suit the chrome moulding, those two are nicer with the black moulding but rest of colours are nicer with the chrome moulding then in my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

When you ordered your Ioniq 5. Did you have choice of interior colours?

I ordered mine in Shooting star grey matte, premium plus but forgot to ask what colour is in. I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me. I'm hoping it will be the pale colour.

No, I ordered executive plus and I was told it came with the dark interior only... I imagine however that for premium and premium plus you do probably have a choice since the demo cars (all premium) have come in with both interior colours...

There's scarcely any concrete info. I wasn't giving a choice when I ordered mine so it's been bothering me a good bit. Just waiting for the dealer to get back to me now. Some people said it only comes in two tone grey and some say it depends on the colour of the exterior.

The car we test drove was a premium black and it has the white interior.

The UK site allows you configure the colour of the interior but we get no such "fancy" options here it seems on the Irish site.

Out of curiosity what colour did you order?

Yes, a configurator would have been nice... My impression is that they have a very limited number of units they pre-ordered for each spec for now and they're just allocating those as they can, so we only get to choose from the very limited stock they have...

I only had the choice to order between cyber grey and shooting star for example, went with shooting star too :)

• Advertisement

The dealer got back to me there and said that it only comes in black for shooting star grey for premium plus. And essentially it can't be changed as it is the build 😐

Was on the phone to the dealer there. This based on premium plus.

Black = white interior

Galactic grey = white interior

White = black interior

Cyber grey = black interior

Shooting star grey = black interior

All the other colours (for premium plus I think) do not have ETA at the moment according to what he got back from Hyundai. While you you can register for them it could be as far as into September.

Also if anyone saw "vision roof" for premium plus on Irish hyundai site. They are not actually available in the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I found this when I ordered mine. Was basically asked what trim level and battery size I was looking for and based on this he gave me my exterior colour options. Interior colour was based on the exterior colour. Delivery is early enough though, car due in country in late November/early Dec for early Jan reg

That's a shame and not entirely sure I believe it to be honest. I bet that in a year's time once stock is not so scarce you can choose interior regardless of the exterior colour!!

Also, crazy about the vision roof... Its listed on the website as one of the extras for premium plus! I'd be fuming if I had ordered the premium plus spec :(

Yeah it is and I am skeptical if it just stock/availability that we get such limited choice right now.

We changed our colour to Galactic grey which was another colour we liked so that we get the pale interior.

I saw on another forum that UK market isn't getting vision roof either. Solar roof isn't available is understandable here. But I don't see why we can't have that option for the vision roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Pity if they are only going to drip feed them out, similar to the Niro and Kona in the earlier days.

The two bits of wisdom I got from 2 dealers were:

1."Can't see the base one coming in at less than 40K".

2."Sure, will probably be April before we see the lower models".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Assume it’s to do with the current situation more than anything. Build a rake of them in standard colours and higher spec when they can only produce limited amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Notexpectingtoeverusethis

I contacted Hyundai customer care through the Hyundai Ireland website a couple of weeks ago asking about the vision roof after getting vague, conflicting and non committal information from several dealers. I wanted to place an order but it's a hell of a lot of money to spend without knowing what you're actually getting. One dealer suggested that I just place the order and see what turns up!

The response from Hyundai was -

"I can confirm that the Premium Plus Model is equipped with a Vision Roof. The roof is a fixed roof and is as per the image submitted.

I must also advise that very effort is made to ensure all our specification and equipment details are as accurate as possible and all vehicles are supplied as described. Due to local production requirements, there is always a small possibility that final production specifications may vary slightly from the details specified."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So it definitely does come with it, unless it doesn’t. Glad that was cleared up.

Wow I hope that is right. I ordered the premium plus and the dealer said it will not have the vision roof. Information on the exact spec of trims seems very scarce or inaccurate.

From the spec sheet I got from the dealer the premium plus does not have vision roof in the spec.

I got a call back from the dealer earlier this morning. He is now saying the premium plus will be coming with the vision roof. So I'm guessing it's confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,900 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We're not getting the roof here. That's UK spec only.

Is there a source?

Originally when I ordered the car the dealer said there's no vision roof in the Irish market. Yesterday the dealer rang me and Hyundai told them that vision roof will be included in the premium plus model.

On another forum a person from UK are saying they are not getting the vision roof but that was from a few weeks ago.

Seems really confusing.

Post edited by PenguinForce on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Notexpectingtoeverusethis

I like to research a purchase and know what I'm buying, even if it's €50, never mind €50k. Hyundai are really not making this easy. I've never had so much difficulty getting information on a product. It may or may not have a sun roof and it'll arrive whenever it arrives. That's no way to run a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I would get the information in writing, if the car arrives without sunroof and you have been told it has, you might be due a refund/payment for the missing sunroof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Just wondering what kind of quotes people are getting compared to the RRP?

I was quoted 48k otr for the 58kWh premium spec which is 3k above the RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Delivery charges, metallic paint and some dealers include a paint protection as standard (worth €400), but you do not have to take it. That would approach €3k alright without any options ticked. Always good to see dealers use an on the road price list instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Jesus how much is their delivery and paint? Dealer paint protection is usually a basic product not worth the money they charge. €400 is better spent at a proper detailer for paint protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€400 paint protection plus €695 for metallic paint (iirc) plus €1795 (or something like that) for delivery would go very quickly in the €3k direction. I prefer an on the road price without that delivery charges bullshit on it. Michael Barrable motors (Hyundai) in Swords do just that. Their price is their price and they are very quick to point out that it includes the €400 and that you do not have to go for that

Advertisement