Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung.ie WATCH 4 Offer - Matter SOLVED - Thread Closed

Options
  • 08-09-2021 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Matter solved : They send an apology email and suggested earlier agent provided wrong information. MC Card can be used anywhere.

Thread can be closed

Bought a Samsung Watch. Offer terms and conditions were:

Buyer will get Google Play Gift Code worth £75 in the UK, IOM or €85 unbranded pre-paid Mastercard in ROI

Also, the explained : Use of the pre-paid Mastercard is subject to the following terms and conditions:

MASTERCARD TERMS & CONDITIONS

Use your Prepaid Mastercard anywhere Mastercard is accepted around the world. This card is issued by Transact Payments Limited pursuant to licence by Mastercard International. Transact Payments Limited is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission. 

========================================

Now Samsung is denying it and they are saying they will offer Google Play Branded MasterCard which can only be used for Google PLAY (Not Google Pay). Which makes it useless to me.

This is a case of misleading advert. Where can I complain?

Chat Team is clueless, Email team simply said sorry and did not offer any solution or escalation.

Post edited by ggmat799 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Have you a link to the advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

Also, on UK site image is of voucher on ROI site image is of Prepaid card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

How are they denying it?

Have you purchased a watch and made the claim and received a Google play card only.

Or have you just talked to some £8/hour call centre person based in the UK who doesn't know Ireland is a different country.

The claim form is extremely clear that it's a prepaid MasterCard.

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxy-watch-launch-offer/en-IE/terms

You are getting worked up over nothing

I received emails - No one answers their phone anyways. Rewards team which processes the claims and processed my claim too. lol....They even apologised for the inconvenience due to error in their offer.

I bought 2 watches so off course 170e at stake and checking here. I do not like to return as have opened it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Advertisement

It is under process - Claim approval is 5 days and then 30 days for the Digi card. Just asked them for a status and queried it. They informed it is a voucher only. Perhaps, above reply is right they do not know what they are talking about. Strange they cannot get basics right

Post edited by ggmat799 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why bother?

These "chats" on websites are answered by third party call centre companies that will have staff working on behalf of different companies on different days.

They read off scripts. They are paid pittance.

They probably assumed you were querying from the UK and read from the UK script.

You simply cannot get any clearer information than that printed on the website. It literally is in black and white and as clear as you can make it.

There is no rip-off, there is no misleading offer, there is no falseness whatsoever. You simply got a wrong answer from some badly paid call centre person who read a script from a computer assuming you were in the UK.

Just allow the process to happen.

Update : Seems you guys are more exp at this. Never had such issue with US team as they always gave precise responses. So first experience here.

Samsung Team confirmed they had given wrong information.

They received few other queries and now confirm it is UNBRANDED MC which can be used any where.

Technically, we'll get 230e back on 3 watches. Almost like a Watch 4 free on 2 watches.

Advertisement