Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sounds like a great book. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The ‘luvvies’ will be out in force next Friday.

will steer well clear of the LLS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Thought I'd turn on the radio app on my phone just now to see what the topic of todays call might be. You know, it's Friday, might be a bit of craic or fun, something nice to have on the radio in the background as I work.

First thing I hear: "So how many chemotherapy sessions did you have?"

This is scandalous. These people are psychos and I seriously think the entire nation could be at risk of being damaged by all this. This is beyond belief. Its not even a joke anymore. The cancer man is a sick sick man.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the man is a ghoul.

He must be getting warmed up for asking 2 different sets of people about their dead children later. His idea of entertainment on a Friday night. This is beyond redemption or defence. Its simply absolutely disgusting.

What's it like to have a mastectomy?

Mother of Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Jeez I don't know Ryan, what's it like to have a lobotomy???

The man is a fool, to put it mildly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He’s a deviant is what he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Sure didnt Hobiddy grill the bejaysis out of that actress the other day about Danika McGuigan. Spent about 10 minutes trying to get your one to cry. Disturbed individual.

What was it he said today? "Don't hate stuff, just dislike it intensely". Handy advice for when listening to him in misery merchant mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tubs is the Bruce Wayne of south Dublin, mmm the tub mobile is immobile I’ll take the the tub bike 😂😂

But the self-confessed “show-off ” and lover of attention added he’s hopeful to stay in the top gig within the public broadcaster for as long as possible, despite the rumblings of a female presenter coming to take over the reins eventually.

Tubridy said: “I want to be here for as long as they will have me, but I don’t doubt that it is only a matter of time.”

Meanwhile, keeping tight-lipped about any leading lady in his dating life, the host teased: “It remains the great unanswered question because I just don’t do that. I open the gate a bit into my life but not the front door. You can only give away so much because you have to protect yourself.

Meanwhile, like a ghoul that thrives on the suffering of others, he digs into the worst moments of other people's personal lives with little grace. Their suffering merely being a prop he can use to demonstrate his 'empathy' and 'kindness'. What a fake. And a bully. I initially just berated him for his lickspittle journalism, but as I have learnt more, he genuinely comes across as a complete creep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Apparently, Ryan is 48 and a half according to Ryan.

He also attempts to send a signal up showing his virtue saying prostitutes are now referred to as sex workers then immediately calls them prostitutes (waffling on about Jack the Ripper)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Cant remember what his waffle record is but he must have come close this morning - the "news round up" went on til after 10.30.

Very difficult to know what he does be on about half the time during those stream of consciousness sessions.

He has also promised everyone that the pandemic is over. Maybe he'll get it right this time!

Also, hasnt this exact interview been done before? Is this not the one who was targeted by the racist graffiti that time?

It's difficult for fakes to keep their story straight.

Didnt Hobbidy get himself into trouble with the offended brigade a while back for saying that all Irish people were pasty white!? 😂

• Advertisement

She should have pulled him up on this 😂. Funnily enough he actually continues to say this sort of thing fairly regularly.

"The complainant said that Tubridy, in discussing women and girls wearing a full face of make-up, commented on women looking more Irish the day after, when the make-up has been removed ...

...The complainant is of the view that this comment, unfortunately, reinforces a racist perception that correlates lighter skin with beauty and alienates people with darker skin tones from a sense of Irish identity"

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/tubridy-could-have-been-more-careful-in-choice-of-words-in-interview-bai-1.4425563

Volume up:

"Tell me about confronting the situation where children die during surgery."

Volume down.

Ad break

Song

Leona Maguire is great

Some of my favourite people are from Cavan.

Another ad break

Credits

Goodbye

Money for old rope.

Jesus. I missed this.

When he was signing off the LLS on Friday he told people to tune into his radio programme because "it was always fun" .

Last week at least 3 out of the 5 days focused on death and illness.

His definition of fun appears to differ violently from that of the rest of normal functioning members of society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I dont listen to tubridy...i physically cant stand him and his insincere positivity........i just dip in and out of this thread to see what 500k a year gets RTE.....

Waffle and misery it seems...why would you pay the licence fee with that ghoul sucking on the rte teat?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

And Tubs told listeners on his RTE Radio One show on Tuesday morning: "I think I'm ready to fly again.

"I'm not going to lie to you, when I saw Leo Varadkar at the festival, whether he goes or not is his business, he did nothing illegal.

"I thought, 'that's ok', we're all good to go, I'm not having a snark.

"The Tanaiste is flying, I'm ready to get going. Now that the Late Late is back, I have no time to go anywhere so I won't be going anywhere but in my head, I was thinking 'I could do with a cold beer somewhere nice'."

Tubridy and the political class bend the rules to suit themselves, and then pretend that we're all in this together. He has the begging bowl out every week for charity, but does everything he can to pay as little tax as possible. Most charities in Ireland are massively subsidized by the taxpayer. He abused the spirit of the artist's exemption when applying for the relief on his books. He has "worked" in a public sector company for over twenty years but is allowed to be seen as a contractor? He was complaining this morning about not being able to go on holiday, after having had several weeks off during the summer. There's a sickness at the top of Irish society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Someone tells him they saw selection boxes in the local supermarket, to which he replied he's not having that, not on Sept 8th. Too early for Xmas.

Says the man who mentions the Xmas toy show in January, February, March, April......

Is there anything sincere about this guy?

Claims to like T.V - no interest in watching The Wire.

Claims to be anti bullying - often bully's people

Claims to like U.S politics - only mentions Hilary Clinton and Trump

Claims to appreciate privacy - indulges in tabloid gossip on air

Promises fun - asks what it's like to have a mastectomy and children dying on operating tables

And his interview this morning starts with 'Olympics of sadness'.....this is going to be uplifting.

I could start a thread entitled:

"Say something positive about Ryan Tubridy".....

It would be the quietest thread on boards.....

I try to give credit where its due and have commented before that at least he appears fairly competent technically. Not messing up the buttons like D'arcy or burping and grunting into the mic like Duffy.

Printing off online articles cos he's "a hard copy guy". So that's where all his toner his going. Very wasteful, Hobbidy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Can't stand Tubridy. He actually wasn't that bad years ago. I guess he was younger then.

Surrounded by yes men, the band, the production crew laughing at his stupid non funny jokes.

He's trying desperately to gain the status of "uncle Gaybo". He tried to get his own catchphrase during covid.."mind yourselves and mind each other, goodnight" 🤮

I'd say he **** himself to sleep at night thinking of 10-20 years down the line as people talk about his legacy. "Tubridy raised 50m for charities, it was HE who had the weekly charity thing during covid, it was HE who decided to have the charity thing on the toy show"

^^^^ Yes, any way whatever to achieve Uncle Gaybo Iconic status.

Big miss here though that Joe Duffy got "The meaning of life" late night tv slot, some of gaybos interviews are watched over and over by me on YouTube.

Ofcourse Tubbs can still try for Gay's slot on Lyric FM.

• Advertisement

If Tubridy got that gig he could rename it the meaning of DEATH.

More fun for him.

That kinda sums up the low bar RTE radio sets at present.

Thats like giving credit to a fish for being able to swim....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Good post. I liked this bit in particular: " He has the begging bowl out every week for charity"

He really is a kind fooker alright. I'd love to know how much money he kindly removes from st vincent de paul for doing the voice overs for their ads p/a. A tidy sum I would imagine.

Now, to preempt some fan retorting with : 'He may do it for free', eh...no. If Ryan was a charitable sort of a fella, he'd make sure it was leaked and Noel would engineer a interview where Ryan could say: "I don't like to talk about my charity work, so lets move on", leading to all the red tops saying how amazeballs Ryan is.

Having said all that, I don't listen to him. I just can't. I get a great idea of what has been on from browsing this thread though. Really the only people that can actually force change are the sponsors - (by walking away) as they have done with BO'C and D'Arcy.

Sky BB - It goes on and on and on... A bit like Ryan then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

He really is a kind fooker alright. I'd love to know how much money he kindly removes from st vincent de paul for doing the voice overs for their ads p/a. A tidy sum I would imagine.

I'm not aware of SVP paying anyone, never mind RT for doing voice overs and publicity work on their behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

"I'm not aware of SVP paying anyone, never mind RT for doing voice overs and publicity work on their behalf".

What? SVP pay for nothing. Is that correct?

You could be on to something there.

He's, all of a sudden, into jazz now.

LLS mention straight away

He wants to go to..

ha ha ha ha... guffaw guffaw.... Broadway.

Hilarious

Man child. Then he corrects himself. Human child.

#woke

• Advertisement

He's "a Galway guy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

In Ryans head if he doesn't agree or like something it's OK to laugh and snear at.

If he doesn't like something it shouldn't be allowed and I'll read out lots of texts to agree with me.

But it is not bullying or meanness if huberdy says it

Freebie Received List:

Free Unknown volume of books

Free Bespoke jewellery x 2

Free Essential oils for mask

Free Buns from Bewleys

Free Trip on the Irish Navy ship

Free 8 Glasses cases

Free Accessories for vinyl record player

Free Flowers

Free Yop, Fruit of the Forest and Yakult

Free Holland and Barrett supply

Free Calm App

Free Scents of Ireland commercial air diffuser and scents

Free Epicurean Delights (i.e. Grub)

Free Watercolour

Free Candles

Free Book about Elvis' comeback in 68

Free Waterford Famine Buke

Free Pints

Free Sweets from Shandons

Free Loose leaf tea

Free Bread knives

Free Candles possibly wickless candles

Free Teapot

Free Vinyl record (Beatles/McCartney)

Free Tea brack

Free Cards

Free More cards (rejected - Catholics need not apply)

Free Halloween masks

Free Cufflinks (monogrammed for Tubridy, of course)

Free Fudge

Free Southern Star newspaper

Free Opinion magazine

Free Print from book (gorgeous, apparently)

Free Crisps and Earplugs

Free Greetings cards

Free Beatles book

Free Bottle with fairy lights

Free Hot Chocolate Bomb

Free Personalised Christmas Stocking

Free Novelty Mug

Free Handmade Scarf (moss green in colour, and long)

Free multiple handmade Christmas Cards

Free John Banville Book (delivered personally to him while shopping)

Free Barack Obama autobiography (extremely large and heavy)

Free box of Lindt chocolates (only 8 in box, Tubs not happy)

Free Face mask from Chester Beatty

Free Books

Free Paul McCartney poster

Free Aerial photography coffee table book

Free Christmas jumper

Free Waterford Festive Star (a magazine)

Free Holly Bough (a Cork annual)

Free Santa Beard Face Mask

Free Chocolates from Bean & Goose (called out paucity of Lindt in their freebie, again)

Free Art from Trish Taylor Thompson (something visual)

Free Books (from “listener” doing her Marie Kondo clearout)

Free Shandon Sweets, again

Free invite to chess convention

Free Lighthouse Book

Free chess lessons

Free Book (Elf Isolation)

Free crate of Club Orange

Free Bag of Marbles, (but no "steelies", much to Tubs' chagrin)

Free Ireland's Own Annual

Free Band Aid vinyl single, with beautiful artwork (Tubridy checked artwork was included, before accepting it).

Free Paul McCartney - Back in the CCCP vinyl album.

Free Box of Turf

Free Puffin Christmas Decorations

Free Puffin Christmas Cards

Free Puffin T Shirt

Free Meal in Kilmore Quay

Free Motivational Quote Cards

Free Book (Dauntless Courage)

Free CD

Free Personal Guided Tour of St Patrick's Cathedral.

Free Hand crafted Gin

Free Crystal Glasses set

Free Cocktails

Free Craft Beer Selection

Free Visit to brewery

Free "County Mayo in a Jar" x 2 (Wool, Shells, etc)

Free Vintage 1955 Comic (original copy)

Free Personalised Water bottle

Free White Vinyl Christmas record

Free Handmade Cards

Free Magazine about schools during Covid

Free Donegal Calendar

Free Bird Calendar (includes Puffin)

Free Fry’s Chocolate Bars – 4 pack - (Passed over to Mater Tubridy)

Free Patricia Gibney Book

Free Terry Reilly book – Ballina People

Free signed Rick Stein in France book

Free American edition of Liz Nugent Book

Free Frederick Douglass book (as asked for earlier this week, but no mention of payment).

Free Sanatorium (Abi Palmer) book

Free Robert Harris Book V2

Free Coffee Beans

Free Grand Canal to Dodder Book

Free Murder Mutiny and the Muglins Book

Free Smart Cooking Books – both editions.

Free Acts of Desperation by Megan Nolan book.

Free Sherlock Holmes walking stick

Free Jenny Wren S’mores kit

Free chocolate bunny

Free tour of St patricks cathedral

Free walking tour of Dublin

Free currach trip on the liffey.

Free gift bag from St Patrick's

Free tour of Rowntree's factory

Free stay in Kerry Hotel

Free bog Oak tea light holder

Free Hand made muppet toy

Irish country life magazine and pen

Bit of news I spotted this morning:

Serious coincidence that Ryan has decided that 'ads are back' and should be watched and not gast forwarded past any more. The reason why? Very vague as to why apart from an 'opportunity to throw some wood on the fire' or take a break from the programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that actually happened and it panned out as you said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

What the F was the point of that caller?! Telling us how great a social life she has?!?!?!

I was about to post the same. That whole show was even more pointless than usual.

I heard him earlier apologising to Tyrone people for his support of Mayo.

As if they gave a sh1t about who he supports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I reckon this caller is gonna be pretty pointless too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement