Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Arsehole welfare parents that let their kids dump their bikes, ride on tractors, scooters on the road coming into my estate.

Driving in from a 12 hour shift, almighty hoor of a day in work, driving in and a bike laying there between the path and taking up a sizable portion of my lane, swerved a little bit into the other lane to avoid it and met an oncoming van going a bit too fast out of my estate, swerved back into my own lane then before parking up, got out, picked up the bike and angrily f**ked the bike in a heap against the wall.

If these parent's actually went out and did a day's work to pay for their kids bikes and other modes of transport they wouldn't be so inclined to let their kid dump them wherever. I'll bloody run over it next time, if a parent says anything, I'll say "ah sure, I'm sure you can buy another one out of the childrens allowance, lone parents and the other mickey money you're getting along with saving a bomb on your subsidzed rent"

These people literally get paid to procreate, sit at home all day and drag up their kids, won't as much as tell them to bring their s**t in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That was not my point. There is most likely cronyism involved but it is 15K FFS. When you see the waste of money in the Dept of Social Welfare and the HSE 15K is a pittance.

There are a thousand worse issues that should be taken care of before worrying about this case

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Someone with an extremely noisy motorbike (I think) seems to have moved in recently into our otherwise quiet estate.

And he seems to have to make several journeys in and out of the estate, every day. And sometimes at night too. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Dog owners who walk their dogs without leads and let them wander into gardens to piss and ****. I just had to have words with a woman who just let her dog come in and crap in the garden. She did come in and clean it up but that's beside the matter. It's private property and I'm sure they wouldn't like me to wander into their house, take a dump on their floor and "clean it up"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Just got Sky Q and loving it so far. HOWEVER (grrrr!), it has this stupid picture in picture function that I cannot turn off. You know where you are in the TV Guide and there is a small window with whatever programme/channel is on showing?? It's really annoying and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. I asked the nice Sky Q Installation man and he said that was the first time he'd ever been asked that.... I smell a porky pie....😮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The good : My Dad while in the Mater hospital got news as I’ve said that the tests for cancer proved negative it’s another problem that has been identified and dealt with via a small procedure without any long term complications... home latest this Thursday. :)

the bad : he’s in semi private room with another patient who firstly apparently is a head wrecker, literally never off the phone, shouting and roaring laughing into it for hours a day.. secondly despite no visitors being allowed, this gobsheen was granted permission, for whatever reason to have not one but three visitors... Dad said nothing but apparently queried it out of the fact like these people are complete head wreckers too, he can hardly hear the TV or concentrate on a book with them..

he spoke up and was told by a nurse a doctor ok’d it due to ‘issues’... she apparently *makes mental health gesture*... it’s clear apparently the staff are less then pleased, as anyone would be... including us...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Good news about your dad. Your dad should make a complaint to his doctor about his mental health that the other person is stressing him out. Also say he is worried about getting covid with soo many people coming and going and it's against the rules. Either one of them is moved or a call to HSE or whoever in charge to make a complaint.

Got stuck in a wing with someone who had dementia, between screaming and shouting all night and the trying to take is trousers off it was torture. You go into hospital to get well not to get sick from other gobshites.

from mater site

The only visitors allowed are those visiting:

• patients in critical care
    • vulnerable young adults
    • psychiatry patients
    • patients receiving end of life care

Thanks, It’s not a critical care ward, psychiatric ward or close, the patient with the gang is lucid, chatty, middle aged apparently..but a bit odd...they are in a ward and department for physical illness....

we got to hand in a bag of clothing, snacks, drinks, iPad etc to a nurse, would be understandable if somebody with some sort of psychological issues was given ‘A’ visitor per day in an enclosed separate room to be disinfected before and after but to have a whole family unit coming from outside to a ward is BS... from a staff / patient safety point of view that’s unsat... gladly my dads procedure has been a complete success, it’s not cancer and he’s been told he will be home Thursday latest and he can extricate himself from that unsafe goon show..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Endless zoomer whining about not getting their college course.

Life is unfair, bitches. Get used to it.

My dad who as above was due to be discharged today from hospital, cannot be discharged yet because the consultant he is under has gone awol and cannot be contacted.

hes been moved to a private room though away from the noisy gobshîte which is one good thing but that was only because the bed is needed...only super frustrating to be told you can go home, but end up sitting there until 3.30 pm (so far) because the consultant isn’t of the want to answer his phone or do whatever necessary steps to follow through on what he’s told him...

gotta love this country. Can consultants not fûckin delegate if they end up having to do something else ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Do people in hotels not know how to close doors properly so as not to wake up the people around them? Its basic manners 101. If coming back to the room at night, ffs just open and close the door softly instead of banging it and rousing people from sleep at 1am. Having stayed in a few hotels recently, i was shocked by the amount of inconsiderate fcukers who not only talk at full volume whilst walking down the corridor, but then opening the big fire door and leaving in SLAM after them.

Im going to stick to AirBnB for the future.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It's bloody annoying. I think it is yet another example of people who do not even realise other people exist, never mind that they should give them a bit of consideration. I was staying in a hotel,some years ago, for work, and the same fcukwits had shouted conversations late at night, every night, in between door slamming.

I may or may not have let a roar at them one night. It stopped them anyway. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was at my brother in laws earlier, he really f##king annoyed me. The Tesco delivery man arrived into the yard and had trouble turning, I said you should move your car he is struggling..

'Agh Feck him'...

It would of taken 1 minute to move it..

Selfish f##ker..

Hey Brother in law you know that Con saw you wanted off me it's suddenly not working.

Go rent one....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Cronyism should never be tolerated regardless of what else is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's that time of year again, where every asshoIe who drives a car with LED headlights need to have their lights on full power from 8pm onward, blasting the eyeballs out of anyone that may be going for a walk, no matter that the road is adequately lit up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If it was that trivial, why was she so excited about a job that paid so little?

Answer: it was a stepping stone to far bigger things. Equal opportunities my hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Very much TA by Todayfm. Was driving today for about an hour and a half and had Todayfm playing on the radio. At least 3 times an hour that bloody quote devil ad came on.... then I remembered why we don't listen to it at work anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

adverts.ie

I clearly said in the ad COLLECTION ONLY.

First question

Can you post?

Evidence

http://www.adverts.ie/24578854

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you forget your phone is on auto rotate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This little fecker coming into my back yard and jumping around in my flower bed. I can't get angry with him though because he's too cute 😺

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Advertisement

im trying to book a gym slot online for tomorrow and later in the week but I’m getting a bad gateway HTTP Error 503 message and I’ve tried about 6 times today ...

then I try to do the same with my physiotherapist , a booking for Thursday.... can access their website but the booking page is donald ducked... just a ‘booking in progress’ message before eventually timing out and no booking confirmation email.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The fact that there isn't a device out there (that I can find) that will get crisps out of a bag and put them in my mouth. Hard to work and ate a bag of Taytos without greasing up the keyboard and mouse!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Crush them a bit and use a spoon. 😎 😁

I somehow managed by some bizarre trick of bizarreness to get toothpaste residue from the brush and into my eye... it stings like a motherfücker.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Strumms, I don't think that's what they meant they sang "When Irish eyes are smiling". 😁

That I haven't won the lotto and I'm still on the hamster wheel. God I'd love to get off the hamster wheel. 😩

Also, I've no motivation today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My cousin's funeral was yesterday after a long delay. The amount of people at the wake who tried to get around me, the designated bouncer, to hug the grieving family was shocking. This was after the door bouncer had to tell people coming into the house to put on their masks and sanitise their hands. And at the gravesite yesterday all bets were off as a large queue of people formed to shake hands with the family. No social distancing at all. I was actually pleased that only 2 people managed to touch my 92 year old grandmother because I was literally acting as a wall in front of her stopping people coming near her and I properly scolded the ones that got close. What the **** is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Covid Cert yokie on the phone needs a signal to work. I was trying to get into a place recently, poor mobile signal meant it took minutes to load. Inconvenient to say the least. Thought it would be stored on the phone.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Absolutely wrecked tired today and are people giving me grieve, I’m about to lose my temper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement