Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,172 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

She seems the jolly type but my god, that looked like a bleach blond wig she had on.

I worked in Cavan for many years 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

And what are we talking about in here this evening? Oh look, it's anything but the Zappone situation.

I always admit when I'm wrong, and so, I was wrong yesterday when I said this matter would get a final airing in the Sunday shows before going away. In fact, It's actually gone away already. FF are at their think-in, Coveney is at the UN chairing meetings and SF are back at the day job, objecting to large scale house building projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You can do better than that Francie, but seriously, look around. Where is it today, in the media? On social media?

Its gone....

• Advertisement

It got quite a good bit of coverage today actually. Latest was E Ryan having to comment on it on Tonight Show.

look, I guess one of your 'nothing burger' 'nothing to see here' 'it's gone away' comments you've been making since the start of this, nearly 9 weeks ago, will be right...keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What's this from? I can't find the full story.

Is it part of all of the documents that were released?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I'm somewhat reminded of that other Kylie Hit

'Can't get you out of my mind" 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Oh sorry, did I offend you when I called out your blatant sexism?

All in the name of 'Bantz'!

• Advertisement

Certain individual's seems intent to use the same old tired insinuations on various threads, Homophobia, Sexism etc to somehow deflect either from the thread topic or just perhaps to bait a response.

These person's knows why I won't engage with their nonsense and yet persist in mentioning me in their posts. Rather odd, perhaps it might be a time Zone thing.

Tongue & Cheek commentary is something clearly not fully appreciated by some. Understanding Sexism is a very complex thing, but commenting on a Hairdo of a women or man for that matter is certainly not sexism. If that was the case, fashion critic's would be no more.

It must be exhausting trying to juggle various threads, throwing out the same stereotypical nonsense to justify a position, I suppose one could just try copy and past.

I was advised NOT to engage directly and I won't, nor will I be baited but will continue to be Amused by a continued single minded and indeed determined effort to defend the indefensible by way of insinuations as opposed to debating coherently on the general topic of this and other Thread's.

#leo&fgcandonowrong

Meanwhile the Nothing Burger story continues 😏

Amazing a none story is this mornings main news Item on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

McGuinness will surely lose all credibility if he votes confidence after his statement yesterday...

Not just him, Barry Cowan, Jim o Callagahan 🤔🤔,

I suppose there are others within FF that have not gone public on their feelings but I sense there are a few more that might stir the poo.

Coveney will probably survive by a tight margin, will be curious how other opposition parties react.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You are 100% correct, I suppose there's still that little matter of #merriongate and if they can separate various issues. Alan Kelly always struck me as having tacid support of this current government, most of his Dail contributions seem to start with praise of a minister he was about to savage.

Matt Carthy SF on morning Ireland now, those affected by the mere sound of a SF rep, should put down their weetabix now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ivanna was at Merrion Gate, never mind about "celebrate my ministry" invitations, I think most right minded people with an ounce of intelligence can understand that being a cover for Zappone, and what the invites really should have said was "slap my back for my new crony appointment", but obviously they couldn't.

So Ivanna was there arguably fully aware of what was going on so how she would vote no confidence in him will be hysterical.

Btw has it ever been established/revealed how exactly Varadkar and Bacik were actually named as being there? I've been following this story a while now, and that part of the story has escaped me. Surely if someone spotted, and was able to name those pair (and they both admitted it) if there was anyone else of note at it, they'd have been able to name those also?

Missing piece of the puzzle there.

Good question re how both were named, I suppose Leo's presence would have come out easily, I've also heard mention of an infamous list of attendees in Jim O Callaghans possession 🤔.

Labour Seem to have 2 difficulties.

Ivanna"s attendance at the little party. In one sense that could be put down to Niaivty, albeit why would she apologise if in her mind the party was not untoward or wrong 🤔

How does Labour as a political entity deal with a no confidence motion based on the overall actions of Simon Coveney, its a stretch to suggest any right thinking person, whatever their political persuasion could have any confidence left in him.

MM coming up shortly on morning Ireland, hopefully it won't be Mary Wilson doing a cuddly, tummy rubbing style interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The sooner those gimps in SF table a no confidence motion the better. We'll be able to draw a line under this snorefest and move on.

Lol MM saying Coveney has apologised and he went before FA committee twice (the 2nd was to explain previous inaccuracies) 🤔 if I recall, indeed the only real apology from Coveney was for his Sloppy previous answers.

MM still blaming SF for everything, aine lawlor just asked him if he was over obsessed with SF 😂

Hmmmmmm, sounds very, very Familiar 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Hi, genuine question, do you ever grow tired, or more to the point get concerned about the amount of times you and your colleagues have to say “time to move on”, “it’s a nothing burger” and all that waffle? There’s a pattern here and it seems to indicate one thing, that your party is a complete total and utter f*ck up.

You should probably realise telling people “it’s time to move on” “nothing to see here” “nothing burger” etc. only has a finite amount of usage when you are referring to the same group of calamitous idiots.

Some FF TD'S on the fence referring to Parliamentary party rules (excuses) that will determine their vote on the motion of confidence (Pathetic)

Looks like 2 potential FF TD'S not voting confidence so far

Opposition doing it's duty again.

The motion puts it clearly. No hiding place for those in FF or the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I see the blow-by-blow accounts are now featuring the usual everyday sexism.

it wasn't that long ago some of the regular FG posters on here, and even a couple of re-reg's had a lot worse things to say about MLMcD, purely based on her appearance. Or does that not count because it was before you started calling it out?

Of course it doesn't, certain rules seem to apply those of a certain political persuasion, you can this this across a number of threads that dare Question FG 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

McGuinness on Claire Byrne now.

Advertisement