Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT question

• 10-09-2021 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question lads the missus reversed her car into a pole up the local shopping centre, the casing for the back light broke ,

Just small bit of the very bottom broke away will she pass the NCT like this ?

The NCY is Monday but she wont have time to drop the car to get replaced till after,

And should i stick a bit of tape on it ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Put some tape (or better yet some clear glue).

If the light is cracked visibly it's a fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bensimp

Send it in for the NCT .

It will only be visual retest so wont cost anything to bring it back and show them once it has been fixed. ( unless it fails on other items)

I think it is too late to amend the booking without paying a charge, plus you may not get a new NCT test date for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I don't think the glue would work because a bit is missing, Now its only small and kind of on the bottom of the casing if you get me,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you still have the bit tape it back on with clear tape, if you don't have the bit it will fail. I'd a fog light cracked and passed a few NCTs with it by taping over it. But we don't know what the tester will do on the day, at least its a free visual retest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tape may work. If not have a look at Ebay and Partfinder.ie for used replacement, may not be that much. Have replaced full rear light units before and it's pretty much undo a few screws and then plug and play with the connectors, 5-10 minute job. Some cars may be a pain in the hole though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

NCT Bible says

• Repairs to lenses (e.g. lens repair tape etc.) must be assessed on their merits, considering security, colour, light output and durability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

You can buy coloured tape in clear , red and orange as once clear light is showing from a red/orange lamp its a fail. Celotape will dissolve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sailed through with the red tape on it ,

Advertisement