Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Probably half the money from season ticket sales will go towards paying James wages for the season. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The only option is to take measures to make him walk away from his contact because as things stand, we don't have any means of changing his salary until said contact expires.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jaysus lads, it was Benitez decision to have him sitting on his arse. He told him he wasn’t going to play and made him train alone.

It’s not as if he’s refusing to play.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

No club would take him due to wages and his poor attitude

No game until Monday at home v Burnley, means my weekend won't be ruined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

James refused a move to Turkey according to reports - if he refuses to knuckle down and fight for the cause, and we get the James we got for most of last season, they should refuse to pay his obscene wages .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I bet player's contracts are a bit more water tight than that. How do you prove that they aren't knuckling down? All he needs to do is turn up for training.

Can I add, fcuk you Ancelotti.

Thers no doubting he has talent , but if continues to do nothing for another season, earning a million a month , while refusing to leave the club when an agreement was reached , something needs to happen. If he knuckles down and gives what is expected fine, otherwise

Yeah but without actually doing something that would have him in breach of his contract, we're going to have to suck it up.

His contract is up at the end of the season.

He isn’t “doing nothing”. Benitez sent him to train alone. Benitez told him he wasn’t wanted. I wouldn’t move to Turkey either if you asked me.

Until the day he doesn’t turn up for training, James is blame free IMO

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Maybe I missed something, but what has he done wrong?

they/them/theirs

Without doubt. Means nothing contractually sadly. I'd love to see the back of him.

well for starters - His commitment and effort the past 12 months has been pretty pathetic , most league of ireland players would work harder, given he makes a 1 million a month, pretty embarassing to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It would seem he's a fairly temperamental fella... his attitude has been called out very publicly at Madrid and Bayern, and seems to be having issues with the national team too, with them not even selecting him for the qualifiers despite his protestations that he was 100% fit (and the fact that he's issuing these strongly worded public protestations is perhaps not great in itself either). No idea what's going on behind closed doors at Everton, but it would appear he's considered a player that's not the most positive influence to have around, and to be fair the work rate of the team has been terrific so far this season. Think we'll know more over the coming month though, with the window closed we'll see how he (and Rafa) responds.

I don’t see how it was pathetic. Terrible injury record, but that was hardly his fault.

I read that 250k a week rumour is actually double what he’s on by the way. So he contributed more than Bernard who was on the same wages.

they/them/theirs

I would consider his work rate pretty pathetic since last October - I've stated many times he's a talented lad - But any player making over 100,000 a week , the bare minimum expected should be 95% work rate - James has been a passenger since last October, given practically 0 to the cause, particlarly as we huffed and puffed most of last season. Like he went into hiding when it got cold, I would expect more, a lot more.

I don’t recognise this at all. I think you’re listening to all the negative rumours and creating your own picture.

He had a recurring calf injury that meant he regularly missed games, but he really wasn’t out for long periods. He played 23 times, scoring 6 goals and contributing to another 11. Not brilliant, but not terrible.

He scored against Utd in February, coldest month of the year.

It’s a blessing and a curse that I have the access to see every single Everton game live and I can tell you that James was a long way off our worst performer when the team form dipped.

I don’t want him here next season, he’s injured too often for what it costs. But I don’t get these accusations of giving zero. He gave plenty.

they/them/theirs

For the talent he has, the wages he's on, he should be our best performer, week on week , that has not been the case, apart from his first 2 months. He is not our worst signing, cause we have had so many recently, but has been a complete let down to me so far. If he knuckles down for this season, and forces his way back into the team, that he is well capable of, then fair eneogh , but don't think that will happen. Genuinly hope he prooves me wrong, and you right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

He started ok but injuries derailed him. Benitez obviously has no time for him so you can’t really blame him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

Out against Burnley tonight. No DCL, five at the back incl Keane. Anyone else got that sinking feeling ?!

DCL out for up to a month with a broken toe apparently.

Rondon will have to earn his money for a few weeks so.

That's the Everton I know.

they/them/theirs

I was disappointed when we signed Townsend, but he’s been brilliant tonight.

Dacoure is my MOTM again though.

even if I can’t spell his name.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

The last few minutes bear no resemblance to the rest of the game

• Advertisement

I actually give Benitez credit for that. The switch to a 451 with Doucoure moving to number 10 has been a master stroke.

they/them/theirs

I was sceptical when we got Benitez and Townsend in the summer - but can't argue what they have done - Top of the league - hopefully they can keep it going - consistently.

Gray has paid his fee back already.

great to see Rafa stick with the formation change even after the goal. Obviously wasn’t working

others may have bottled it

Different team altogether when we dropped that back three

That twenty minutes after Burnley scored was some of the best Everton football I've seen in years.

I love wingers

when was the last time we played with wingers? Kanchelskis?

I think we played just as nice football at the start of last season when we had Doucoure, Gomes and Allan in midfield. Then the injuries hit and Gomes forgot how to play football.

I’m not happy that DCL is out. But I’d like to see that midfield start the next game, it wouldn’t if he was back.

The comparison between Gomes and the Burnley midfield was hilarious. He looked world class beside those lumps.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Yeah.. goes back to Kanchelskis and Limpar I think

The Everton midfield purrs when Allan and Doucoure play together - best thing Ancelotti did for club - hopefully they get a decent run for season , without injury

Dacoure is immense when he gets to push on

Gomes did well when he came on too. Should have had a goal himself.

Post edited by lawred2 on

Gomes is a terrible finisher. I’ll never understand it, he’s truly awful.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

Feared the worst when Burnley took the lead, great turnaround, some strike from Townsend & gray scores again. Didn’t fancy Townsend either when he was signed but a few more like that will do nicely. We should never play a back 5 again

• Advertisement

Burnley being Burnley, Tadworski nearly leg-breaking Richarilisson - love beating them, they play wretched football.

Horrible shower. I have grudging respect for them, but they really are horrible to watch.

they/them/theirs

the ref had decided he didn't like Richarlison so Burnley were free to do what they liked

Burnley been doing it ever since they got promoted under Sean Dyche - gets a free pass cause he's English, the media think he and his team are great - ther is no doubt he has done a good job keeping them safe, but does that give him a free pass to butcher opposition players week on week ?

Oh well honeymoon over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Never happened for us today, flat performance

Missing 4 players shows the lack of depth in the squad

Barely a few games into the season and the squad depth is already being tested.

Never going to win anything with Rondon , Kenny and Gordon -

Rondon is just another Tosun.

Begovic is not up to much either

Can appreciate Pickford's use of the ball when you see a relic from twenty years ago lumping it aimlessly to no-one

• Advertisement
Advertisement