Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 1 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That was really great.. God, I've missed it! Dak looked so good. Brady looked great as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

over 100 passes attempted, 800 yards, 7TDs, a last second game winning FG. Yes, fair to say that was an eventful 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A lot of that loss falls on Greg Zuerlein, unacceptable shank from 31.

I'm gonna try stick with this for the whole season. Not off to a good start missing the first game...

Sunday 6pm

Cardinals @ Titans

Eagles @ Falcons

Steelers @ Bills (Sky)

Jaguars @ Texans

49ers @ Lions

Vikings @ Bengals

Seahawks @ Colts

Chargers @ Washington Football Team

Jets @ Panthers

Sunday 9.25pm

Dolphins @ Patriots

Broncos @ Giants

Browns @ Chiefs (Sky)

Packers @ Saints (Game taking place in Jacksonville)

Sunday Night 1.20am

Bears @ Rams

Monday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Raiders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the bucs won but I may have been a tad bit overly confident about how much the bucs would win by. I’ve to rewatch what I didn’t see(which is everything after 7-7) but it appears the concerns over Dak and his shoulder were misplaced although Michelle Tafoya did say that he’ll have an MRI every two weeks I think it was so while it’s good to go, there’s a concern there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How is Brady better at 44 than he was at 24 or 34? It's absurd and defies everything we've previously known about athletes. He looks like he could play until 50 at this rate if he wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

his unbelievable to be honest. The man should really be studied for future generations .That was your prototypical Mike McCarty game, lean on your QB to get it done, go away from the run game, big plays given up by the defence, special team errors and bad time management at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Christy42

Lots of athletes take drugs, they still don't manage that. Whether he is or not the drugs don't seem to be the main ingredient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So what is the consensus after that? Is the Bucs defense not up to the job? Are Dallas far better than everyone thought?

With Zach Martin out, the Bucs really didn't seem to be able to put too much pressure on Dak (I only saw the highlights so maybe they did).

Brady certainly seemed on song, making some big plays downfield and of course the usual (for him anyway) last scoring drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think Martin mostly hurt them in the run game. Dallas seemed to go straight for any cb who isn't a starter and make hay so there is room on the outside to bear the Buccs but I think Dallas are a really really quality outfit as well and unless you can win at the perimeter with multiple wide receivers you will struggle to break them down.

I don't think anyone was questioning Dallas' offense but their defense may have issues. We will see as it was a tough test vs the Buccs but I reckon they are stíl vulnerable.

Serious zip on Brady's throws and he is obviously more comfortable in the offense than he was at the start of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Dallas's OL is elite and did well against the Bucs DL. That meant Dak had enough time to attack their secondary, who were banged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Enjoyable game last night but both defenses raised flags if that is how they are going to perform for the rest of the season.

Happy with my Brady MVP shout - the Buccs weapons are incredible and he can make the most out of them. Dak was good but Cowboys season will hinge on whether his arm improves with more time since the injury or regresses further from wear and tear (I fear the latter). Zeke was up against a top run stuffing DL but was poor every time he had an opportunity - his pass protection was superb but not what you want from a guy getting that much money.

If it wasn't the Cowboys I'd feel bad for them on the non-OPI call. Like DPI, it is so frustrating how inconsistently it is called. We'll have OPIs called on Sunday that weren't close to as bad as that one (I'm still bitter about the Super Bowl call on Kittle).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Not sure if you guys have a registered system but.....

Cardinals@ Titans

Eagles @ Falcons

Steelers @ Bills (Sky)

Jaguars @ Texans

49ers @ Lions

Vikings @ Bengals

Seahawks @ Colts

Chargers @ Washington Football Team

Jets @ Panthers

Sunday 9.25pm

Dolphins @ Patriots

Broncos @ Giants

Browns @ Chiefs (Sky)

Packers @ Saints (Game taking place in Jacksonville)

Sunday Night 1.20am

Bears @ Rams

Monday Night 1.15am

Ravens @ Raiders

And Sunday has finally arrived and it’s week one in bulk as they say. Hopefully gamepass doesn’t do what it did last year at the start and hopefully the blackouts are still not enforced.

Well let’s do it then. The eagles can’t be much worse than last season so any improvement will be welcome. A win against Atlanta and a good performance will be a nice start.

That was a really well done video and singing of the anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Redzone not on SS Mix

Edit: started late

Like a hot knife through butter from the falcons offense against the eagles defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

ya what the hell is going on its just the nfl network feed?

TD eagles hurts to smith. Okay this is positive stuff and the defense did hold the falcons to a FG on their first drive.

And the sky game isn’t blocked on gamepass again this season.

End of 1Q eagles 7 falcons 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Falcons field still looks terrrible on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Colts one also weird on TV

15-6 eagles at HT. some issues on the O line but Jalen hurts has been doing some good stuff. A generally positive first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Who is the lady on SKY

Big turnaround in the Chargers v WFT game. Is that all down to the switch to Heinke i wonder ?

• Advertisement

awful throw by Herbert. Not sure what he saw there.

Advertisement