Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And deflection again.

Why not stick to your original conspiracy claims about all space flight being faked?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, but do you understand what the claim about Russian interference is?

Nobody has claimed that votes were faked, or miscounted, or thrown out. There is absolutely zero claims regarding the 2016 election not having been carried out correctly and counted correctly and perfectly within the rules...well except for from Trump who didn't believe that he had lost the popular vote so launched and investigation into the voting itself which found absolutely nothing untoward.

The claims around Russia and the 2016 election are to do with foreign funding of campaign advertising and social media campaigns targeted in ways through Facebook, Twitter and Cambridge Analytica which are not permitted under election regulations.

Nobody is claiming that the vote wasn't legitimate... except Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Another deflection

Evades questions, demands answers to their own. Worse than politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

That's not interference. How on earth can Russia break US election regulations!

What evidence do you have that there was a coordinated effort by the Russians to target social media companies and if such a conspiracy did exist how would millions of people keep it a secret?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Y'wha? Do people actually believe this? I mean, think of all the knock on effects - GPS being fake, satellite phone being fake... The list would be massive.

• Advertisement

Ask the poster directly yourself, watch how they'll either ignore you or weasel out of it. Believing in someone crazy is one thing, believing in something crazy you know is a lie is quite another.

Russians tried to interfere/influence the 2016 US election. For example they used troll factories to pump out disinfo on many forms of social media, this isn't some secret, we know where the factories are, they operate in plain sight. A Russian woman actually sued one of them in court and won, she was award a pittance of course, because Russia.

This is fairly common knowledge, but I'm guessing if you think that satellites are fake you aren't going to believe journalism and substantiated reports and reality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes it is interference. You must not have been paying attention for the last several years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

It is interference, it is confirmed by US intelligence agencies and there was a big investigation into it by Robert Muller that Trump was whining about for years. It is not permitted for foreign funding of election campaigns, or advertising, etc. This is common for most countries election rules internationally.

It isn't a secret, it's been known about since 2016, there were not millions of people involved. Even Russia has mostly given up trying to too forcefully deny it happened, just trying to claim it must have been someone else...possibly.

Edit: Here is a few other instances of foreign election interference, including a bunch of times by the US against other countries despite you previously claiming that we didn't believe that the US got up to shady practices:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_electoral_intervention

• Registered Users Posts: 36,137 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seanad referendum was such a weird one

''Save the Seanad''

VOTE: NO

Voting ''No'' was not to abolish it. ... to save it then, WTF

Using your own links:

Proving that you still believe it happened despite there being insufficient evidence - therefore you are a conspiracy theorist. You believe in something that would require an enormous coordinated effort to keep a secret.

• Advertisement

Nope. That just states that they couldn't find enough evidence to show that Trump was in on the interference. Not that the interference didn't happen.

There is no question that it happened.

Have you seen examples of the trolling and how they linked it to Russian sources? Or are you basically placing your trust in what the CIA and leftist US politicians say, and because they say it therefore must be true?

Do you also believe the same sources who outright denied, last year, any possibility that Covid19 was man-made?

Again, you're whinging and demanding evidence for something all while holding the opinion that all space flight is faked.

There's no evidence for that and it's a very silly outlandish thing to believe. So why would you require evidence that Russia might want to interfere in elections?

Notice how he's jumping from topic to topic all while dodging and avoiding every point put to him.

He can't address anything. He can only spew out silly strawmen.

Honestly dude, you'd have been better of if your first posts here weren't the fake space stuff.

I do also like how you're demanding that people explain what they believe to you while you yourself have run away from that question repeatly.

Just sheer dishonesty, ignorance and hypocrisy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think the phrase 'conspiracy theorist' is badly chosen. no one denies conspiracies happen, but the name allows those who believe in properly outlandish stuff to claim equivalence with people who believe in reasonable things.

Exactly, and the problem here is that the forum is clogged with people who think they are the most qualified to draw this line and will kill any thread that doesn't fit their agenda

You're getting confused. Whether or not that's deliberate and on purpose, only you may know.

People asking questions, or getting others to outline their beliefs is not "killing any thread that doesn't fit their agenda". The fact that the theories are, for the most part, absolute rubbish that don't stand up to those questions or the refusal to outline their beliefs is what kills those threads.

If you said bigfoot is real, but refused to explain why he's real to me, so everyone ignored you.....that's not because I asked a question. It's because you refused to answer it honestly. Do you see the difference?

Is this a new conspiracy theory about how you're being denied the opportunity to talk about conspiracy theories in a forum specifically setup to talk about conspiracy theories and where you have been fully permitted to talk about any conspiracy theories that you want, yet you are unable to adequately explain your theories because...reasons?

Explain your beliefs if you want, we'd be delighted to hear them.

Asking questions is not evidence that a conspiracy theory is rubbish. How many political or otherwise debates have you seen where the candidates ignore the moderator and ask each other questions for 2 hours and whoever can't answer the most questions loses? And yet this is how the "debunkers" in this forum thinks it works.

If you think a conspiracy theory is rubbish then tell us your reason why. Asking questions and then claiming victory if the person doesn't answer is as ridiculous as it is lazy, as it is boring. But these are the tactics used regardless.

This isn't an "I'm a conspracy theorist - Ask Me Anything" thread. It's a discussion forum - if you see something you don't agree with then give your reasons why.

> This isn't an "I'm a conspracy theorist - Ask Me Anything" thread. It's a discussion forum - if you see something you don't agree with then give your reasons why.

Your ideas about space programs all being fake are nonsense because we have satellite TV, GPS, can watch rockets being launched, can buy tickets to ride on a rocket and can see things like the ISS with basic camera equipment and see things like Iridium satellites with the naked eye.

Your turn.

Asking questions is not evidence that a conspiracy theory is rubbish, but refusing to answer even the most basic of questions certainly points in that direction. If you think a conspiracy theory is valid then tell us your reason why. It's not for me or anyone else to prove that its false, the burden of proof is on you as the theorist to prove that it holds water. How else is anyone supposed to test that without querying it?

The running mantra of the ST crowd is "question everything". When that turns into "question everything, except me and my crazy beliefs" then you can safely dismiss them as a crazy loon.

I mean, look at the great reset thread. We're how many years into that thread and nobody, out of the 15 or so proponents of the theory, have been able to even explain what the theory is, never mind defend it from basic scrutiny. It's all vague, spurious nonsense and the most likely explanation for that is "If i don't tell them what I think my theory is, then I won't have to listen to others tear it to shreds like the nonsense that it is".

Your last line is patently fcuking absurd. "if you see something you don't agree with then give your reasons why". You won't answer any questions, because you can't, and that's my reasons why.

Instead of asking that, then why not flip it around.....if you see something you do agree with then give your reasons why you think it's valid?

• Advertisement

if you see something you don't agree with then give your reasons why.

I disagree with your notions about space travel being fake because you will not even state publicly that you think it's fake, nor will you explain why you think it's fake, and you are obviously ignoring an absolute fcuking mountain of evidence that it's real.

Your turn. Why do you think Space travel is fake?

One of the many many reasons I believe that Markys theory that all space flight is faked, is that it is not possible to have a conspiracy this large without leaks.

It would require millions of people to be involved.

This has been pointed out several times and Marky has not once addressed this. This is because he can't address this because his theory is obviously false.

Why ignore the questions though?

That makes it look like you can't answer them.

If you feel the questions are unfair, explain why they are unfair.

Ignoring questions because you can't answer them or because they highlight a gaping hole in your theory shuts down discussion. How is it possible to have a discussion with some one who does this?

And again markus, you're being completely and totally dishonest.

You're claiming that "we ask endless questions" and we don't present arguments against the conspiracy theory.

But this is a lie. We only have to look at the thread where you declared that all space travel was faked.

One filmsy piece of evidence you presented was the idea that there was only one pictures of earth from space.

You were provided reams of examples of what you said didn't exist.

Likewise every single one of your points were addressed in detail and in very concise terms.

What did you do?

You ignored. You ran away. You whinged and cried. You insulted.

You shut down that discussion.

How does the existence of any of these things prove spaceflight is real? On looking back for a link to give to @[Deleted User] I found that I've already wasted enough brain cells explaining things to you so we're done here.

There is an entire thread explaining in minute detail everything I believe in and what I think is fake. I'm not going to spend hours of my life repeating myself, especially not to those despise conspiracies like you:

Here's the thread, knock yourself out.

And again ignoring and running away.

You demanded answers. People obliged you and answered you directly and concisely. When you are asked similar questions you dodge and avoid and lie.

thanks for illustrating the fact that you're shutting down the discussion.

Also lol. "How do thigs like rockets and satellites and a space station prove spaceflight is real?"

Please explain how GPS works?

Where do the rockets go that people see launched?

How are people able to take photos of the ISS with basic cameras?

How does satellite TV work?

Did you really just ask how footage of rockets flying through space proves that spaceflight is possible?

Lol, lie after lie. You previously wrote you were more than happy to answer questions, yet you've done nothing but dodge and evade them since. You keep soapboxing, deflecting, playing the victim card and engaging in Olympic level whataboutery, anything but explain your conspiracy in any normal way or answer basic straightforward questions.

• Advertisement

Watch now. I bet that even after bringing up stuff like the Iraq war and the 2016 election, Marky is going to suddenly declare all of these questions about his silly fake space conspiracy to be off topic. He will use this as an attempt to get on a high horse to explain why he's allowed to ignore all of this difficult questions.

So a better on topic point would be to ask how many people would be involved in the conspiracy to fake spaceflight.

He knows that such a thing would require millions of people to be involved. He also knows that he can't explain why anyone would actually do this.

He knows that his own conspiracy believes are the perfect example of why his argument in the OP fails.

He won't acknowledge any of that though.

I also predict a dramatic and stroppy storming out of the thread soon.

Advertisement