Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon vcls split seat post saddle compatibility

Options
  • 10-09-2021 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

Anyone using the above seatpost? Just realising my romin doesn't fit cos it has oval carbon rails. Seems like an odd limitation for a lightweight post to not accommodate a light saddle.

What are my options? Are all carbon rails oval?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Dunno what's going on with boards tonight. Post duplicating here.

Anyway.. I have that post. Using it with a metal railed Specialized Toupe saddle. As far as I know that post is round rails only. In my case I was building it for the Roubaix Sportif so I wouldn't have considered carbon rails anyway.

I have learned to prefer the metal to carbon rails where I have a choice. The carbon ones seem to develop creaks too often. Change the saddle, not the post I reckon. That seat post - unlike virtually any other piece of cycling equipment I have had (and I have had a LOT) really does transform a bike from a comfort perspective. Its quite dramatic and noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Cheers man. I actually got on to Canyon and they sell (and sold me) am adaptor for carbon rails, so I'll have that option.

You're right about the creaking though! Didn't realise that was peculiar to the carbon saddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

.. I am riding a 12k Cervelo S5 current model at the moment. If its not the disc brake hoses creaking inside the handlebars, its the rails on the Prologo carbon saddle ticking away. I feel like a drummer in a band.

When it comes to bicycle development, not all progress is progressive as it turns out.

Advertisement