Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seller delaying contracts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They finally signed!

Are there any potential consequences for them if they do not vacate the property on agreed completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Depends what's stipulated in the contracts. Your solicitor can talk about a clause which indicates a closing date and a potential penalty/etc if they do not complete by a certain date, but whether this is being done at the moment in the buyer's market is another question.

We got our keys last week after a 4 month process and this was with a 3-party chain all with houses ready to move into.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It took nine and half months for my buyers to finally sign the contracts. The entire property market is your classic Irish legal mess. likely on purpose. The government could easily legislate to simplify and reduce the cost of the whole process. Try buying and selling a property in Australia: weeks, not months or years and lower cost and hassle; where a deposit is deposit and actually means something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They are moving out tomorrow I believe.

I think they were issued an ultimatum by our solicitor, play ball here or risk losing a cash buyer and go back to square one. We were told 6 to 8 weeks but they took it upon themselves to draw it out for as long as possible.

Advertisement