Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

Got sorted :-)

Thanks for your prayers and I will continue to pray for the ticketless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Few I know have got sorted now this evening. There's still hope! Will be up around noon tomorrow to start the hunt.

Mullen on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

I know it’s a really long shot but i’d love to get a ticket if anyone ends up with a spare tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Praise be to the sweet baby jebus!! The Miracle has happened and ticket is in hand. I won't sleep a wink tonight! Still some tickets to be had in the morning I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

Great news Western,

I've given up hope at this stage have never seen the phone so quiet the nite before a final, I'm resigned to the TV with the Aul man who brought me to my first final in 89 and again in 96 and 97. If we do get over the line tomorrow we'll be cracking open a bottle of black barrel and talking **** till the early hours.

Enjoy the game lads. C'mon Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

From a Kerryman I sincerely hope you reach the promised land tomorrow night.

I don't think any other county has shown such Lazarus like resilience to keep coming back for more.

I hope by the time the weekend is over that, from Achill to Castlebar, there isn't a silage pit with a tyre left on it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think this is the list left. Apologize if I missed any

fowler87

Crybabygeeks

PDiddy

Extra Gravy

blockfighter

Irishgeo

sebastian dangerfield

muddle84

BandMember

Raoul

Blackjack

happyoutscan

mayo.mick

SomethingElse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 longballer

Hi guys, Tyrone man here, just looking in to wish you all the best tomorrow & hope that everybody enjoys their day (draw only way that can happen!). Anyway, may it be a good sporting game with players and supporters remembering it for all the right reasons. May the best team win & I hope it’s Tyrone & if it’s not I hope we have the good grace to genuinely congratulate you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Enjoy the game. I really feel we have this in our own hands but it could need ET.

If we don't concede early goals or better none, then we have a strong chance. Composure is key and this team have shown they have it in spades.

Hoping we get over the line. Lucky enough to be bringing the 2 lads who took me to matches for the last 42 years and who I've sat with at or at least travelled with to each of these AI finals.

#towinjustonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

All the best lads, always had a soft spot for Mayo .

lifelong Tyrone fan here, been saying it the past 2 weeks; as much as we don’t want to lose- if there was one county we wouldn’t mind losing to it would be Mayo. Great supporters, always friendly and up for the craic.

no doubt there’ll be plenty of laughs before and after with a few sprites in around drumcondra tomorrow .

may the best team win!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Fair play to you guys.Down through the years I've always found the Tyrone support sound out.Shall be catching up with several classmates from the Red Hand county at a college reunion come December.

Here's hoping it's a cracker and may the best team win.

Hopefully on this occasion the green and red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

It's officially match day. Not sure how I'll get any sleep tonight. This is the best day of the year. Screw Christmas. Hope it's a belter of a game. Wherever ye all end up watching it enjoy every second of it. If you're lucky enough to have a ticket make sure you leave Croker hoarse from shouting. Party in my house in Dublin if we win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Yes, match day.

I just feckin hope this is the one.

All the last few weeks I've been seeing the future of this evening, Mayo winning the game and all that will come with it.

But then I think of the utter anticlimax if they don't win it.

This time they are favorite, this time they should won it, this time it's in their hands.

I just hope they do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Nothing, but ready and togged for morning just in case. Mayo abu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭2018na

todays the day lads. Thanks so much to this mayo team for giving Ireland back it’s biggest day. Imagine Dublin going for seven in a row today,there would be barely anybody watching instead we have this occasion to look forward to. I think ye are gonna win well 4to6 points maybe. Tyrone needed 3 goals to beat Kerry just don’t let that happen and your superior footballers will win out. CMON MAYO let Ireland all remember where we were on September 11 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Plenty of Mayo flags flying in our small ( hurling ) village in East Clare..

I'll be roaring ye on...Go on Mayo !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

I'm awake and getting impatient and anxious.

Those driving up from Mayo are lucky - they have the drive up to occupy them.

I'm already in Dublin - is it too early to start making my way into town? ;)

TBH I'd say it's far too early to head into town.

• Advertisement

It's matchday.

Nerves are in bits.

Nothing more to say other than to wish the lads the very best of luck today.

Hoping they'll edge it by the odd score.

Maigheo Abu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Wide awake and ready for road. Its a familiar feeling. But somehow different this time. Come on Mayo! This is the day!!

Aye. Can only imagine the player's 😝

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Stay safe everyone traveling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Match day at last.

Feels like everything has been analysed to death. Just wishing the lads the very, very best of luck. Would love nothing more than a dull game for the neutrals where we run away with it, but it feels like it will be much closer than that.

I really hope this is it. It's as good a chance as we've had in a really long time, hope we take it with both hands.

Maigh Eo abú.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

a lot of the pundits saying it's too close to call but leaning slightly towards mayo.

not heading up without a ticket so if something doesn't come up in the next few hours , I'll be heading for my backup plan of a pub in Westport. I'm not hopeful.

Hope a ticket turns up for you.Ditto all the other Mayo Boardsies.

Blessed to get one but none of my family managed to get one.

Anyhow it's a glorious morning in the west.

Safe travels to all.

Forecast is for some sunshine this morning.

Cloudier this afternoon in Dublin with a passing shower.

Sounds like pretty ideal conditions for the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

This is torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Safe trip to anyone lucky enough to be travelling.

Fairly confident and excited for today. Best of luck to the team and thanks for everything no matter the result!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I got sorted so you can take me off the list, thanks

In true Mayo style, I think they will win by one late point.....

in extra time........

of the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is it

For those of you with tickets, enjoy, I feel this is it!

Everyone else, wherever you are, try to find a few Mayo people to watch it with.

And a reminder for those of us living outside the county with non Mayo spouses, if we do it don’t tell them it’s the best day of your life, second or third maybe, and if they press the issue change to subject because they will catch us in a lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Safe travels to all, think of us poor unfortunates without tickets and shout twice as loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Dexpat

Best of luck Mayo. I mainly follow the hurling but I heard you haven't won it in a while. Won't say you deserve it because you have to earn it but think you might do it.

Best of luck Mayo today from a tipp man.the fact it’s Tyrone ye are playing I hope to god ye get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

what a f**king idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

He is if he's wrong but here's hoping he's not.

Just arrived in Dublin. A little cloudy but not too bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

lucky for some. enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

At an U9 soccer match with my young fella down here in Limerick....nearly glad to have something to distract me for an hour or two.

He has a Mayo jersey on underneath his team kit :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Is it 5 O'Clock yet??

Best of luck, enjoy the rollercoaster of emotions today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

All the best to Mayo today this Kildare Gael would love to see you do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just after mowing the back lawn, nearly broke my heart because the grass was soaking, mower kept getting clogged but it took my mind off the game for a while.

No ticket alas but heading down to a pub in my old Mayo home town this afternoon, meeting the brother and a few mates. My son and daughter, although Galway by birth, have been successfully 'indoctrinated' over the years so they're also tagging along and will be honary Mayo people for the day.

It's been a long road, lots of ups, some downs, trips to Croker, meeting old acquaintances, lonely return journeys back home, but always ready for another go and so here we are.

I've a feeling this team won't let us down, nice blend of experience, fearless youth and a wiser Horan at the helm. Maybe AOS will surprise us all, have a stormer and shoot the lights out, that would be the icing on the cake.

I might even have to change my username, it's way overdue.

‘Citius Altius Fortius Mayo’

Yeah just arrived.

Lovely day.

Warm and quite humid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Obviously we all hope for a win today, the only way it could be improved for me, is if Aido has a game we know he's well capable of.

Fans from other counties will never accept how good he is, but it would be nice to shut up many of our own who get on his back at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Getting the good wishes of other counties is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for the good wishes.

I know some people think that the average Mayo supporter is a bit annoying and has a bit of arrogance. I genuinely don't think it's arrogance. I think maybe it more of a naïve fake confidence. That we want to be the elite, but we kinda like the elephant in the room cause it's been 70 years, whereas most of the better teams have obviously won it a lot more recent.

Anyway, here's hoping that today will get rid of the talk about 70 years and the curse etc. And we can stand proudly as one of the elite.

Cant wait. Getting ready to head over to Croke Park - soak up the pre-match atmosphere. Enjoy it everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭interlocked

Every Mayo person in Croke Park today represents tens of thousands scattered across the globe and the rest of the county roaring the team on from home.

We are their voice today.

If we don't leave Croke Park today without being completely hoarse, we won't have done our job.

Time to finish this.

Up Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’ve seen one Tyrone top so far

we have hoovered up the tickets again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Yeah looks like we'll be outnumbering them big time today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement