Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mrcheez wrote: »
    does it appear under Notifications or just flash up on screen when you open the app?

I never check the Notifications as it's usually just "Recommended" crap that I ignore, so it's possible I received a voucher and never looked.

It's there under alerts/notifications for me. I got it as a push notification on the phone at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Got this as well. Picked up Galaxy's Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's there under alerts/notifications for me. I got it as a push notification on the phone at the time.

I wonder have I been getting them on my other account then... I only can log into one of my accounts on the phone app at a time...

Have been logged into the Facebook account since I got the Quest 2 last year, but it's possible I've been getting them awarded to my old account.

But even so I've usually got around 30 or 40 unread notifications as I usually think they are just spam... but now I'd better check them.

What do you log onto the app for? I usually just go to the website to check out latest deals... much easier to navigate using a mouse than small phone screen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mrcheez wrote: »

What do you log onto the app for? I usually just go to the website to check out latest deals... much easier to navigate using a mouse than small phone screen.

I just get the push notifications on the phone when they come, rarely open the app itself unless I want to check something on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

• Advertisement

"We have determined that we'll be able to fill 80% of the user's display with advertising before inducing seizures"

Man... In Death is the game that just gives and gives.

I've bought about 12 VR games the last month, but just end up playing In Death ... it's a shoulder workout (if you want it to be) and it's cathartic when you get a headshot from a mile off... just feel good after it.

That and Tetris Effect too... those two games are all you ever need.

I started into Until You Fall... it's great ... but then I had to get back to In Death asap before I could close my VR session

Was browsing the "top selling" list and noticed Cave Digger is down from €20 to €2! Probably awful but price of a sharing bag of crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just had a push notification to say my Oculus Store account was credited £8 (live in the UK). Been a few months since I put on. Loads of games to play but struggling to find the time in the day to dedicate to it.

Since nobody was interested in my Cave Digger bargain I'm gonna try again and say that Half Life Alyx is 40% off in the Steam Summer Sale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Since nobody was interested in my Cave Digger bargain I'm gonna try again and say that Half Life Alyx is 40% off in the Steam Summer Sale.

Sorry , I meant to reply , picked up Cave Digger and its fun .I've already had a
    Thanos moment

I've been waiting so long for this to go on sale I completely forgot I was waiting for it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any suggestions on the best Aliexpress strap to get these days (or Amazon)? There must be some good ones out there by now.

Also whats the best audio solution, is it easy to use your fav headphones? The Vive Frankenquest stuff seems to be getting a bit rare, or should I just bite the bullet and track one of those down?

Rare in what sense? Are they not available?

My Frankenquest setup is great and can't fault it really... I added extra padding and went with the full battery attachment for balance etc

Where did you get yours? I'm referring to the Vive headphones/strap and adapters here but if there's a decent alliexpress solution I'd go for that aswell..

Got mine from here: https://www.vive.com/eu/accessory/vive-deluxe-audio-strap/

It's a bit pricey alright, but really comfy and headphones are great!

I got the Quest 2 adaptors for it from Amazon UK.

They dont ship to Ireland and Parcel Motel are dead...

Would you consider it essential compared to the stock strap?

And finally sorry for all the questions but have you ever heard of other Frankenquest setups or is the Vive route the only show in town?

Looks like the 256GB is out of stock everywhere anyway so I might as well wait and keep an eye on Ebay and Amazon for Vive Deluxe Straps.

Actually do you think theres a chance there could be a new model on the way soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I've orderd the BOBOVR M2 Halo Strap, upgrading from my previous GOMRVR halo strap.

They're meant to be the best strap on the market.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002597401448.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.452d4c4dI5B4uM

Great review of it here:

Hmm that's new!

Amazon UK seem to be selling them too...prob should get the VAT off as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just finished Star Wars - Tales from the Galaxys Edge. Great fun.

I'm not a serious gamer so it kept me occupied for a good while.

Looking forward to the next addition to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any word on any upcoming football matches showing in 3D

This page where they used to list them is appearing blank for me

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/5060690107290136/events/

We've got fibre since the last ones we were watching so hopefully the experience will be upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jc3112

Hi all does anyone know where I would be able to but a quest 2? And are they worth it my son is looking for the from Santa

Tetris Effect got an update to use the Quest 2's resolution... can't wait to try it this evening, it's the one thing sorely lacking from the Quest version

I wonder if the chip shortage is causing Oculus problems with stock or if theres a Quest 3 on the way in September...

Y'all are probably aware, but you can claim a free silicone cover (in addition to the free VR Cover they sent before) by going to

https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices/

and selecting "Request Silicone Cover" or whatever.

I ordered one there, even though my VR cover is fine.. could be nice to play sweaty games etc.

I read afterwards that if you select the 2nd radio button to get the "Fit pack" version it gives you the standard version anyway, so select that option and you get 2 covers.

I just selected the first radio button, but I'm not bothered as I don't really need the fit pack version for my face.

Man the VR forum has really died a death along with boards in general since the upgrade!

Since the colder wetter months are hitting hopefully we'll see a resurgence.

I'm really enjoying black hole pool at the moment and golf 5 eclub which is a fully fledged golf game with multiplayer.

I let the old fella play it who is a golf veteran and he liked it so much he got to the 18 hole before the battery died!

So many great social experiences on the quest now. If anyone is ever up for some multiplayer let me know.

Aye... I spend majority of my time on Reddit since the upgrade.

Had a blast with my Oculus Go while I was abroad recently. Playing Ultrawings while sitting out on the apartment veranda with a nice breeze. Felt like I was really in the air. Incredible. The Go still rocks imho because it's so portable to bring in carry on luggage.

• Advertisement

Advertisement