Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lewis motors in Cabinteely has a 2017 black model S going up for sale tomorrow. Follow him on Instagram and I bought my model 3 from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I've done about 8k km in it during the year I've had it, about 1k km was done in a trip around West cork. It will have at most 145km by the turn of the year as I don't leave Dublin except for holidays or weekends away.

Obviously the battery is covered until June 2025 under its 8 year warranty.

Its not a top spec model, but has all glass roof, fsd, white leather trim, but going by the prices on carzone, done deal etc. Id like to think I could get the 50-55k. Then get the standard range model 3 and have 5k left in my pocket.

Not sure if I'm dreaming or not though. I know how hard private sales for them type of figures are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

duplicate. deleted.

A lot of coulds in that statement 😉

A car with 140km right now ain't getting to 155km by January unless it seems some serious driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

50-55k is dreaming. Sorry to be blunt.

Out of interest, how much did you pay for the car a year ago?

• Advertisement

This looks comparable: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-s-75kwh-face-lift-model/28646189

Your car does have higher mileage which offsets the CPO warranty. Also this is a delaer sale vs your private and it has 21" wheels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CPO warranty trumps Dealer warranty, CPO is virtually zero quibble

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You won't get 50-55k. Ignore the donedeal dreamers. Those cars sit for months and months.

Price your car properly and it will sell. That's what I did and sold within 10 days of listing.

Just a fyi

Lewis motors put one up today that's a 75d and lower milage but besides that is similar to mine, mine has nicer interior (in my opinion) the fsd and CPO warranty.

They put theirs up for 55k

Their price is a bit optimistic, I'd say they'll take €50k. The 75D is significantly faster than the RWD. It is a garage sale, always higher priced than private sale. Maybe price yours at €49,995 and take the first close enough offer? And I was presuming you are selling it in early 2022, the car will likely be worth a few grand less than it is now, it will be "a year" older

• Advertisement

I'll have a think and see what best to do, we've a 2nd car so selling the model s soon and then ordering a model 3 for January wouldn't kill us for getting around.

I'm not expecting 55k, was just putting that ad up as someone mentioned it yesterday.

Would be curious what a garage would try buy it off me for. The tesla trade in offer was so low that I thought it was a mistake, didn't even bother going back to them on it

garages will not give you a realistic offer.

If you have less than 120k on the clock, contact DC motors or vector motors as they are seemingly the only ones interested in buying used teslas

They gave me an offer on mine but was trade value due to the high (nearly 200k) mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Hi all

Any idea what OMV value Revenue would put on a 2016 Model S 70. Trying to figure out what the BIK would be if I was putting through a company.

Thanks for any help in advance.

No point bringing in from GB. You'll be hit with 10% import duty and 23% VAT (unless company is vat regd)

Use the VRT calculator to find out. You can always appeal the assessment if you think it is too high. It really depends on tne inspector/assessor you get. Could be 35k or could be 45k.

Edit: Check your PMs.

Wow Tesla on the VRT calculator, since when? Since people stopped importing them? 😂

Just checked and the value comes up at around the €37k mark. Which is remarkably low as these cars have gone up in value since last year. Looks like the figures are out of date.

I threw in some figures to the VRT calculator too, it values Tesla’s lower than current UK prices, nice for some if importing from NI

There are also some mad anomalies. EG check out the OMSP on the various model X models.

Hi all

Did the calculation here. Does anyone know which number they use when considering the BIK threshold? Is the original OMSP or the current?

• Advertisement

BIK always on Original.

Also folks, the VRT payable is the VRT on the day of registration, so if any updates to the Revenue system you could be caught for higher amount

Pretty cheap S85 up on UsedcarsNI with 7 seats. Although read bad things about the 85s in general.

No AP on that one AFAIK.

The 85 is fine once you accept it will "fast charge" a lot slower than newer teslas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The Tesla trade-in is very off. I did one recently just to see if a new Model 3 would be affordable. The offer I got back was so bad that Tesla rang me up and said it was really bad. Seems like they just have a garage (or garages) that will buy them. As the garage didn't see the car the figure is much lower than expected. Tesla said if I wanted to I could call the garage and organise a viewing to get the price bumped up.

So it might be worth giving them a bell and asking which garage takes them so you could drive over with it and get a fair estimate on your Model S.

I'm hoping to buy a Model S with the jump seats, but very likely I won't be in a position to buy until early next year and even then I'm more in the 35K ball-park.

Even early Model S should do 100-120kW on low state of charge. Not bad for a nearly 10 year old car when the vast majority of 2021 EVs can't even do that when brand new 😂

As for no AP - you can retrofit an excellent similar system for a few hundred quid

Here it is:

It's a UK reg car though, so you would need to be able to prove the car was registered in NI before this year, otherwise you will have to pay 23% VAT on it, which will bring the price well over €40k as you then will also have to pay VRT

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What bad things have you heard about the 85’s?

I had a P85 for a year.

I found this really good used Tesla buyer guide. It won't let me post links on Boards for some reason. But basically said the 85s pre 2017 had issues.

It's on garagedreams dot net

Here it is

It should be noted that all Teslas Model S ever sold in Ireland or the UK are still under full battery and drivetrain warranty. 8 years, no mileage limit. A lot of the earlier models have had their battery replaced already. Look for a car that either has a good bit of battery warranty left or has had the replacement done.

Even then, there are already crowds in Ireland that can fix the battery. You do not need to rely on Tesla giving you a €20k bill. Check out the latest vid from Rich Rebuilds and you get an idea of how simple a battery problem fix is. There is usually only something very minor wrong when the Tesla computer says no. If the problem turns out to be just one module, it should be fixable for just €2-3k. Comparable to a serious bill you might get on a high end combustion engine car that is over 8 years old

• Advertisement

Model S plaid (totally standard) set a new record for production EVs on the Nürburgring beating the far more expensive Porsche Taycan Turbo S (with all its racing pedigree) by a full 11 seconds. That is pretty impressive. It looks like it has some sort of track mode where the steering ratio is much tighter than standard

Advertisement